Sign in to follow this  
Mike E

News Thread Attempt 394

55 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't agree. Terrorist don't deserve to have the law on their side. 

You’ve moved from “every leader has the right to take out any terrorist” to “they don’t deserve to have the law on their side”.

Blimey Chaddy.

26 minutes ago, den said:

You’ve moved from “every leader has the right to take out any terrorist” to “they don’t deserve to have the law on their side”.

Blimey Chaddy.

Both are right. 

Terrorist should be taken out

Soleimani was an absolute cold-blooded murderer and responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths.

Amongst those deaths were a huge number of ISIS terrorists. 

Like it or not, Sulimeini was at least 50% responsible for the destruction of ISIS (not sadly that it is totally destroyed since Trump's abysmal treatment of the Kurds meant they could not continue keeping ISIS prisoners caged)

As for Iran, this piece of analysis is terrifying- https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1214712056147922944.html

Edited by philipl

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Notice why that Corbyn wont called Iranian General Qassem Soleimani a terrorist. Wonder why? 

Superb whatabboutery

On the news that Harry and Meghan have resigned their ‘senior royal’ status, they should should be forced to pay back the £2.4 million of taxpayers’ money used to renovate their Windsor pad at the very least. 

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Glib statement. Try explaining that to British victims of the coming reprisals. 

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Both are right. 

A Sulimeini supporter.

12 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

On the news that Harry and Meghan have resigned their ‘senior royal’ status, they should should be forced to pay back the £2.4 million of taxpayers’ money used to renovate their Windsor pad at the very least. 

Yeah, let's discuss something really important now ! I heard the " Mail " has 17 pages of this nonsense today.

Iran has admitted to shooting down the Ukrainian 737-800 "in error".

Some implications

1) the aircraft type not now in question so the risk of a grounding has gone away and Ryanair can keep flying...

2) Iran admitted it after Bellingcat used publicly sourced material to conclusively show it had been shot down in the same way they have pinned shooting down MH17 on Russia.

3) Iran have said the plane turned towards a sensitive location. That is a lie. It was flying on a straight line in the middle of the normal flight tracks out of Tehran Airport. It turned after the impact of the missiles.

4) I suspect there is something far far dirtier about this which will emerge. Planes were taking off from that airport all through the night and both during the Iran missile strikes on the bases in Iraq and the earthquake at the enriched uranium nuclear facility. So why this particular Ukrainian flight carrying many Canadian Iranian emigree scientists?

Everyone has the right to be properly treated under the law. Terrorists need to be arrested and given a visibly fair trial. Its difficult and may take a long time but it's the correct thing to do. Taking the assassination of someone, even a known terrorist, in your stride opens the way to all kinds of possibilities. When we no longer, at international level, even make a pretence of acting legally, then we are indeed on the very slippery slope

17 minutes ago, gumboots said:

Terrorists need to be arrested and given a visibly fair trial. Its difficult and may take a long time but it's the correct thing to do.

So he keep plotting terrorist attacks whilst we wait to arrest him? 

and what happens if Iran or Syria wont extradite him to our country? just let keep terrorising?

So what? We become complicit in terrorism ourselves? Or isn't it terrorism when the American government does it? In what way have they made the situation better. Yes they've stopped him but doesnt mean there wont be others. And every time the Americans get involved in anything, situations deteriorate. Nobody voted for them to be the world's policemen. They've taken that role on themselves. Every time we surrender a tiny bit of our scruples the world gets more dangerous, not less. 

1 hour ago, gumboots said:

So what? We become complicit in terrorism ourselves? Or isn't it terrorism when the American government does it? In what way have they made the situation better. Yes they've stopped him but doesnt mean there wont be others. And every time the Americans get involved in anything, situations deteriorate. Nobody voted for them to be the world's policemen. They've taken that role on themselves. Every time we surrender a tiny bit of our scruples the world gets more dangerous, not less. 

When American take out a terrorist is it terrorism? Nope. 

Just like when the UK killed to 2 British ISIS fighters in Syria by drone which was legal. This was when David Cameron was Prime Minister

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Just like when the UK killed to 2 British ISIS fighters in Syria by drone which was legal. This was when David Cameron was Prime Minister

It's only legal because we say it's legal. Once you leave the rule of law behind you're in the jungle. If you use the tactics of the terrorist in my book that makes you a terrorist also.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It's only legal because we say it's legal. Once you leave the rule of law behind you're in the jungle. If you use the tactics of the terrorist in my book that makes you a terrorist also.

we are going have to agree to disagree on this. 

I would say that International law shouldn't be protecting Terrorists and the countries have the right to take them out in my opinion

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would say that International law shouldn't be protecting Terrorists and the countries have the right to take them out in my opinion

Q: Which international law protects terrorists? 

A: None

Meanwhile, there is considerable doubt as to the legality of the US's killing of Soleimani.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-51007961

Flybe in serious trouble. Things were running smoothly years ago and then the Walker Family started their legal action against trustees including Mark Chown who later countersued. 

Bet many of the employees who are there now were also there then. Hope the Walkers are happy interfering in an airline business which was profitable and now several people could lose their jobs because of it.

3 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Q: Which international law protects terrorists? 

A: None

Meanwhile, there is considerable doubt as to the legality of the US's killing of Soleimani.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-51007961

so he was terrorist then Jim. So pleased you agree he not protect by International law 

On ‎09‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 05:40, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah, let's discuss something really important now ! I heard the " Mail " has 17 pages of this nonsense today.

Speaking of the Mail, I found this article comparing Kate and Meghan headlines quite interesting; https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ellievhall/meghan-markle-kate-middleton-double-standards-royal. Its partner in crime the Express also features a lot.

I seem to remember Raheem Sterling doing something similar.

On 12/01/2020 at 23:43, chaddyrovers said:

Actually, yes it is. Terrorism sanctioned by a Government, and terrorism you may agree with, are still terrorism.

That's not a criticism btw. Terrorism is the use of violence and intimidation in pursuit of a political aim.

10 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Speaking of the Mail, I found this article comparing Kate and Meghan headlines quite interesting; https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ellievhall/meghan-markle-kate-middleton-double-standards-royal. Its partner in crime the Express also features a lot.

I seem to remember Raheem Sterling doing something similar.

No comparison on lecturing the public on their carbon footprints and then taking taking several long haul flights?

Hypocrites

They are worse than the climate deniers.

11 minutes ago, Husky said:

No comparison on lecturing the public on their carbon footprints and then taking taking several long haul flights?

Hypocrites

They are worse than the climate deniers.

The first time the Daily Mail has given a shit about climate change.

6 hours ago, K-Hod said:

The first time the Daily Mail has given a shit about climate change.

Perhaps they've finally come around?

But what have the climate concious 'yoof' got to say? The 'royal couple' climate criminals are their heroes. 😮

Edited by Husky

Only in the west of Scotland. 

I was in East Kilbride shopping centre on Monday lunchtime chatting to an old man I know via my work. He was sitting on a bench with his pal. You could hear the wind and rain getting wilder and wilder outside and I said “Sounds like storm Brendan is on it’s way”. The ‘pal’ said “Storm Brendan ye say, aye? I might have known they fenian bastards would be involved with it!”

I didn’t know whether to laugh or chastise him, so opted for saying “I believe it’s going to get worse later this afternoon as well”.
“Is it, aye” replied the old boy “I suppose we’ll be getting some hail hail then!” 😂😂😂