Sign in to follow this  
Mike E

News Thread Attempt 394

2 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Which flag is that?

I think it's this one.Feb19th.jpg.767f80ef2898ba0b766a12fef4bdfabe.jpg

Though rumour has it that there's a bit of an internal feud as the big day approaches, as The Queen apparently prefers the Rolf Harris one.

Edited by Husky

On 06/02/2020 at 20:09, Mashed Potatoes said:

"She's at that time of the month, love, I'll just have me fifth pint of bitter please, ooh you've got a nice pair on you haven't you, I'll tell you no woman could ever lead the Labour party , they just don't have what it takes, eh"

Who are you quoting ?

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Himself probably.

No, those men in the Labour party who pay lip service to the idea of equality but will find every excuse imaginable as to why a man should be leader. Even if the only men standing meant that it came down to a choice between Richard Burgon and Clive Lewis.

Edited by Mashed Potatoes

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

No, those men in the Labour party who pay lip service to the idea of equality but will find every excuse imaginable as to why a man should be leader. Even if it came down to a choice between Richard Burgon and Clive Lewis.

Where did it come from ? ( the quote )

It didnt. He imagined the kind of things theyd say. As though large numbers of Tory males wouldn't say exactly the same but with a posh accent

Just now, gumboots said:

It didnt. He imagined the kind of things theyd say. As though large numbers of Tory males wouldn't say exactly the same but with a posh accent

I know quite a few Labour Party members via my wife and I can tell you nobody thinks like that these days. As you said earlier getting best leader is what matters.

I agree. If I come across those kind of comments they're said as a joke against themselves by men who do as much housework and cooking as their partners. 

1 hour ago, gumboots said:

I agree. If I come across those kind of comments they're said as a joke against themselves by men who do as much housework and cooking as their partners. 

We got a " Dyson " a few years ago. We'd had it a for about a year when for some reason Mrs Shoelaces decided to get it out of the cupboard. She said to me " How do you switch this on ? " I must admit cooking isn't my forte but as long as " M&S " is still in business I'll never starve.