Sign in to follow this  
Mike E

News Thread Attempt 394

Just now, Steve Kean's Hypnotoad said:

Utterly vile. Disgusting behaviour from the 6 men and I'm sure the grooming of 2 girls for 2 years is the tiny tip of a huge iceberg of what they actually got up to when you consider the thousands of girls groomed in one smallish town alone. As for them yelling god is great on being sent down and their supporters kicking off in the court room, that literally makes me want to throw up. The idea that you have victims in there, subjected to untold abuse and yet strong enough to show up. And they have to listen to that pandemonium in defence of the scum who did that to them. Wouldn’t surprise me if the men and their supporters flung a few more insult at the girls/women while they were at it.

This fourth-wave feminism being driven online and through the media by well educated women in their 20s and 30s should be ashamed of themselves when it comes to topics such as this. They cower in fear and submission, have nothing to do with any of it, never even comment on it never mind hold protests, and leave their fellow female victims completely alone. No wonder feminism is being rejected by working class women, just like liberalism is being rejected by the working class in general. Both causes wash their hands of confronting anything so messy and worrying as reality. Much easier to plow ahead with this mindless idealism, taking on fashionable minor targets like Trump with a frenzied zeal and telling themselves how wonderful they are.

Should have brought them back in and increased their sentences, a question of remorse isn't it ?

Filth.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

On the subject of Australia I was listening to a programme on BBC Radio 4 about the development of robots this morning. The first programme was on the early textiles machines. Of course as we know the " Luddites " tried to smash them up.

The guy narrating the programme said " Some of the " Luddites " were hung or even worse sent to Australia ".

I'm not making this up !

Just done  a search about the Luddites transportation , some interesting stuff about it, looks like they took notice of it over here and introduced a safeguard as the Masters and Servants act of NSW that was introduced here at the time is apparently because of the luddites. " servants could be imprisoned and have their wages forfeited for refusal to work or for destruction of property"

Wish my ancestors had been involved and given the "worse" option as punishment, would have saved me a bloody fortune in visa fees , moving costs and hassle :)  but then again would have missed out on many happy days at Ewood as a Rovers supporter , so swings and roundabouts

The Mrs does family history, one side of her family comes from transported criminals, it is quite interesting looking through the records that she uses at the reasons people were transported over. Blantantly obvious with some of them that it was just an excuse to send cheap labour / populate the new colony, stealing a loaf of bread etc. Some others that I am sure if anybody came across them during their family history searches they would keep it quiet , sex with horses, cows etc pops up more often than you would think.

Edited by perthblue02

8 minutes ago, adopted scouser said:

Should have brought them back in and increased their sentences, a question of remorse isn't it ?

Or sentenced them to hang.

It's strange that as a 'leftie' we are somehow being urged to condemn paedophiles. As though for some strange reason we would support / defend the perpetrators.

22 hours ago, Steve Kean's Hypnotoad said:

Utterly vile. Disgusting behaviour from the 6 men and I'm sure the grooming of 2 girls for 2 years is the tiny tip of a huge iceberg of what they actually got up to when you consider the thousands of girls groomed in one smallish town alone. As for them yelling god is great on being sent down and their supporters kicking off in the court room, that literally makes me want to throw up. The idea that you have victims in there, subjected to untold abuse and yet strong enough to show up. And they have to listen to that pandemonium in defence of the scum who did that to them. Wouldn’t surprise me if the men and their supporters flung a few more insult at the girls/women while they were at it.

Sheeesh, they were only following the Prophet's example!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-38919482

The right wing BBC peddling some traditional left-wing xenophobia bewilderingly. That can of course make it one of only 3 targets, America, England or Israel. This time its England. When's the protest march happening?

Edited by Steve Kean's Hypnotoad

On 2/8/2017 at 10:46 PM, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Or send them to Australia, a fate worse than death according to the BBC man !

Couldn't happen these days TS, we have proper border controls!

1 hour ago, Steve Kean's Hypnotoad said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-38919482

The right wing BBC peddling some traditional left-wing xenophobia bewilderingly. That can of course make it one of only 3 targets, America, England or Israel. This time its England. When's the protest march happening?

When are you organising your anti BBC protest?

7 hours ago, Baz said:

When are you organising your anti BBC protest?

Well I figured it’d be too many cooks. With such a large number of political activists in the UK these days and them being so on the ball with anti-misogyny marches, anti-Islamophobia marches and just generally whizzing eggs at Farage, they’ll surely be all over blatant xenophobia by a publicly funded organization like a rash. After all these marches are all about making a principled stance against any discrimination in society so why wouldn’t they protest stuff like this.

I haven’t heard any calls for Thomas’ resignation yet, as would happen as a matter of course had this been a “What do you like about Muslims?” advert run by the Daily Mail, which is puzzling. The reaction at the moment seems to be “Oops went a bit far there, we’ll try one 5% less xenophobic at next year’s 6 Nations”.

The "left wing" BBC was at again on Question Time last night with 3 panellists from the  right and 2 from the left with Dimbleby, a known Tory sympsathiser, in the chair. If it carries on like this people will have to start reading the Daily Mail for balanced comment.

Where do you get the Tory sympathiser bit from?  I've done some searching and it appears even the Guardian is not actually sure:-

Among those who know him, there often seems to be an assumption that Dimbleby holds "high Tory" values, a view which might be more shaped by assumptions born of his background than any evidence of political preference. He is always scrupulous to keep his views to himself and enjoys the respect of politicians of all stripes, who recognise the skills of a top operator. "

taken from

https://www.theguardian.com/theobserver/2009/oct/18/observer-profile-david-dimbleby

Then there are the views of the show itself.  I know this is 2 year old information but the New Statesmen did an article on in and say it balances out over the series (which is to be expected):-

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/media/2015/09/there-left-or-right-wing-bias-bbc-question-time

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_the_BBC

https://biasedbbc.org/quotes-of-shame/

Debating whether the BBC has a right or left bias is volunteering to enter the realm of the insane. Sticking with reality it is staggeringly obvious the BBC has had a pro-left bias for decades and the only thing worth debating is how much. They very briefly got stuck into Corbyn before his run-off with Owen Smith, retreating quickly when Corbyn’s supporters rallied again. Which suggests they aren’t naturally comfortable with sitting that far left (although will refrain from criticising it a lot more quickly than they will anything on the right), so middle left I would say.

Just now, Biddy said:

Then there are the views of the show itself.  I know this is 2 year old information but the New Statesmen did an article on in and say it balances out over the series (which is to be expected):-

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/media/2015/09/there-left-or-right-wing-bias-bbc-question-time

The previous week they had a Conservative MP and a Tory journalist up against a Labour MP, a former Lib Dem candidate and a Labour-supporting broadcaster.   Both the left and right accuse the BBC of bias but I think it's more a case of people only noticing when the programming leans away from their own views.  It's difficult to maintain the perfect middle ground throughout their programmes, but I think they try to be balanced overall.

50 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

The "left wing" BBC was at again on Question Time last night with 3 panellists from the  right and 2 from the left with Dimbleby, a known Tory sympsathiser, in the chair. If it carries on like this people will have to start reading the Daily Mail for balanced comment.

Dimbleby has the respect of all right thinking individuals for his impartiality when chairing discussions. Of course there are very few people that Jim would not consider right wing from his ultra left point of view.

Talking about QT........ how did the Tories get away with wanting a discussion about the failing state of the NHS?

youre in Governenment, sort it.

Just now, Al said:

Dimbleby has the respect of all right thinking individuals for his impartiality when chairing discussions. Of course there are very few people that Jim would not consider right wing from his ultra left point of view.

He interrupts and poses his own questions far too often for my liking. He's there to keep things running smoothly and to keep order not to be part of the show.

1 hour ago, Steve Kean's Hypnotoad said:

Debating whether the BBC has a right or left bias is volunteering to enter the realm of the insane. Sticking with reality it is staggeringly obvious the BBC has had a pro-left bias for decades .

The insane gives his verdict.

Moving on, another blow for the so-called "gig" economy, aka another way of screwing workers to the floor, with a London plumber winning a legal battle for workers’ rights.

The Court of Appeal in London agreed that Gary Smith, a self-employed worker with Pimlico Plumbers, was entitled to holiday and sick pay and other benefits even though the court judged he was technically self-employed.

That'll put with wind up all those "employers" such as Sports Direct who treat their workers like dirt.

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

The insane gives his verdict.

Your insults are now going too far now Jim. That remark is totally uncalled for.

2 hours ago, den said:

Talking about QT........ how did the Tories get away with wanting a discussion about the failing state of the NHS?

youre in Governenment, sort it.

The NHS is for the benefit of everyone when they need it, it should not be subject to the whim of political parties. It should be specifically funded in it's own right which is determined by an independent body.

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Moving on, another blow for the so-called "gig" economy, aka another way of screwing workers to the floor, with a London plumber winning a legal battle for workers’ rights.

The Court of Appeal in London agreed that Gary Smith, a self-employed worker with Pimlico Plumbers, was entitled to holiday and sick pay and other benefits even though the court judged he was technically self-employed.

That'll put with wind up all those "employers" such as Sports Direct who treat their workers like dirt.

So I can go freelance, keep my employee entitlements, and pay a lot less tax? All people then need is a rolling 2-3 year contract, and I can't see a downside? Well apart from having no public services.

3 hours ago, Al said:

Take Dimblebys comments on QT last night when it came to the NHS.... both sides say they spent more so there's no need to discuss that any further....Impartial? No - one is right  and one is a misleading lie - as the chair of the program, isn't it your blooming duty to also know the facts? 

FACT: Drop in healthcare (both NHS and Social care) spending as a % of GDP by the Tories = a big part of the current problems.

The Tories want a grown up debate on the NHS, and it not being used as a political football, then they need to start with the facts, get rid of Hunt and bring in Wollaston.

10 hours ago, Steve Kean's Hypnotoad said:

Well I figured it’d be too many cooks. With such a large number of political activists in the UK these days and them being so on the ball with anti-misogyny marches, anti-Islamophobia marches and just generally whizzing eggs at Farage, they’ll surely be all over blatant xenophobia by a publicly funded organization like a rash. After all these marches are all about making a principled stance against any discrimination in society so why wouldn’t they protest stuff like this.

I haven’t heard any calls for Thomas’ resignation yet, as would happen as a matter of course had this been a “What do you like about Muslims?” advert run by the Daily Mail, which is puzzling. The reaction at the moment seems to be “Oops went a bit far there, we’ll try one 5% less xenophobic at next year’s 6 Nations”.

All mouth, no action then?

1 hour ago, Baz said:

All mouth, no action then?

Ok, abandoning the sarcasm, my points are:

1. There is nothing morally righteous whatsoever about the leftist protesters, lobby groups, liberal media etc against Trump, Brexit, misogyny or whoever hasn't been PC enough of late. They quite clearly don't give a monkey's about identical behaviour in other directions and pick and choose they're targets based on their own prejudices. Zero consistency and zero credibility.

2. I don't feel the need to make a sign and start chanting in the centre of London because some pathetic Welsh d*** with a massive chip on his shoulder wants to make an anti-England advert. He's the last of many millions of Celts before him and the first of many millions more to come with the same chronic inferiority complex. Who cares. So equally I don't want to listen to a bunch of cry baby's having a hissy fit because Donald Trump is gonna meet the queen at some point.

The left constantly go about division in modern politics. Maybe if there was a bit less all action no brains and a bit more respecting democracy then there'd be a lot less division.