Sign in to follow this  
Mike E

News Thread Attempt 394

One of the biggest political figures of the past 20 years has spoken out against Brexit. Are we allowed to discuss it? 

Just now, jim mk2 said:

One of the biggest political figures of the past 20 years has spoken out against Brexit. Are we allowed to discuss it? 

Hell no. It's an indefinite ban on Brexit talk.

8 hours ago, Paul said:

Apologies the overwhelming impression I have is short snappy replies are de rigeur with the right. It's certainly the case on here.

As for insulting me well that appears to be fashionable as well both on the political right and the other side of the Atlantic. 

I can't read the Canadian link as I'm not prepared to hand over my email address.  As for the American one all I can say is in my experience all media forms and every woman I know would and does object in the strongest possible terms to things such as FGM, terrorism, rape, racial or religious prejudice.

Feminism though is not solely about what you originally stated as any modern thinking man will know and has experienced over the past 40 years or more. Those who do not or cannnot recognise this possibly don't afford women the value and respect they deserve.

If you require evidence of UK media in relation to this and all aspects of feminism I would recommend downloading, as a start, the numerous editons of Women's Hour on Radio 4 iPlayer.

Personally I'm both proud and delighted to count many "right on" women as friends. Women who are at the very least my equal and often my superior in many ways. Very often I'll chose to spend my time with strong minded, liberal feminists in preference to male company. Just like this afternoon when a lady friend is going to kick my arse on a bike for 50+ miles. These ladies are a joy to be with.

It's living in the modern world and what a privilege this is. 

My impression is the luvvies included abuse in every paragraph if you did not agree with them

9 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

And one of the biggest liars of the last 20 years, how could anyone believe anything that come out of his mouth

Gullible people believed the Alternative Facts coming out of the mouths of Farage, Johnson, Gove, Redwood et al. 

Stop discussing it (both yoda and jim) or you'll be banned for not respecting the moderators' decision. That is two verbal warnings, including Paul's general warning on closure of the Brexit thread. You've been ...erm... warned.

Edited by Mike E

Could there ever have been a greater advert for Brexit that the mass murdering shithead remoaner Blair?  I don't think so. Even the lefties hate him. :lol:

Like the Brexit thread. Old pathological Bliar is the final nail in the coffin.

R.I.P. Remoan.

blair-the-murderer.jpg

1 hour ago, Husky said:

Could there ever have been a greater advert for Brexit that the mass murdering shithead remoaner Blair?  I don't think so. Even the lefties hate him. :lol:

Like the Brexit thread. Old pathological Bliar is the final nail in the coffin.

R.I.P. Remoan.

blair-the-murderer.jpg

This filth has been up for 2 hours yet a previous innocuous post was removed within minutes.

Please explain. 

Just now, jim mk2 said:

This filth has been up for 2 hours yet a previous innocuous post was removed within minutes.

Please explain. 

Looks accurate to me

48 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Please explain. 

Believe it or not, some of us have lives away from the site, unlike you. Stop having a hissy fit and accept that moderators are human.

Bans issued to the offenders, as previously warned.

My apologies, the 'Please explain.' came across that way.

Nonetheless, issue sorted. Back to Friday night.

14 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

You mean "Weapons of mass destruction man," one of the biggest political liars of the early 21st century? Better not, eh jim?

14 hours ago, Mike E said:

Hell no. It's an indefinite ban on Brexit talk.

Aye, because, after all, censorship is normal in Britain now.:wacko:

Edited by otto man

1 hour ago, otto man said:

Aye, because, after all, censorship is normal in Britain now.:wacko:

How about everyone act like an adult. If people could post and obey the site rules you signed up for, the Brexit thread wouldn't have been closed.

And don't pull the daft 'censorship' card. If you're that desperate to discuss Brexit, find a politics forum to do so.

Mods and admin have made a decision. Simple.

Just now, Mike E said:

How about everyone act like an adult. If people could post and obey the site rules you signed up for, the Brexit thread wouldn't have been closed.

And don't pull the daft 'censorship' card. If you're that desperate to discuss Brexit, find a politics forum to do so.

Thats all well and good but in the Donald topic people are allowed to diss a democratically elected world leader as a traitor at will.

If members start responding is that debating politics?

23 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Did anyone die as a result of the thread? Did the sky fall? has the world turned on it's axis?  No? So,no casulties then?  The "daft censorship card"? You find objections to censorship "daft"? Then you're a perfect candidate to live in modern Britain. (Just keep thinking what you're told to think and you'll be fine.) As for your ridiculous comment regarding political forums, it may have escaped your notice Mike, but this is an open forum, non football related, why should a select few decide what's up for discussion?

By the way, I love your dictatorial tone at the end.  Yawohl mein Furhrer!

Just now, Mike E said:

Can we have a referendum on the return of the Brexit topic ?

I've learned the hard way that unfortunately, one has to kowtow to forum owners, any forum practically or they can degenerate;  I help out in another forum but once I said a negative about the forum and the owner busted me for about 6-9 months before my administrative duties were fully restored. I know of another forum where one has to be extraordinarily polite in making points, trying to be as inoffensive as possible.  So, all I'm saying, is a lot of it, whether we like it or not, comes down to the owner.  My approach to forums on controversial issues has largely been to make my point but not really engage in confrontations too much. That said, debate is great in a civil tone.

3 hours ago, yoda said:

Can we have a referendum on the return of the Brexit topic ?

People wouldn't accept the result if it didn't go their way and spend the next year moaning about it anyway. So there's not really much point.

5 hours ago, otto man said:

Did anyone die as a result of the thread? Did the sky fall? has the world turned on it's axis?  No? So,no casulties then?  The "daft censorship card"? You find objections to censorship "daft"? Then you're a perfect candidate to live in modern Britain. (Just keep thinking what you're told to think and you'll be fine.) As for your ridiculous comment regarding political forums, it may have escaped your notice Mike, but this is an open forum, non football related, why should a select few decide what's up for discussion?

By the way, I love your dictatorial tone at the end.  Yawohl mein Furhrer!

Open forum? First time I've heard of one of those. I thought it was owned by Glenn and SteB. If they (or appointed mods) decide something isn't up for discussion, it isn't up for discussion.

The 'dictatorial tone' wouldn't be used if you stuck to the guidelines. Brexit thread would be alive and well if people stuck to the guidelines.

When you have pages and pages hidden because of swearing and insults on a site that's meant to be SFW, it says a great deal more about the posters than the admin/mods.

I would recommend respecting the decision taken by admin/mods.

Edited by Mike E

11 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Open forum? First time I've heard of one of those. I thought it was owned by Glenn and SteB. If they (or appointed mods) decide something isn't up for discussion, it isn't up for discussion.

The 'dictatorial tone' wouldn't be used if you stuck to the guidelines. Brexit thread would be alive and well if people stuck to the guidelines.

When you have pages and pages hidden because of swearing and insults on a site that's meant to be SFW, it says a great deal more about the posters than the admin/mods.

I would recommend respecting the decision taken by admin/mods.

Really?  Read it again in context Mike. Whilst I have to accept the decision, I don't have to respect it. Whilst I can and do understand, that at times, you must have an absolute mare keeping on top of some of the posts on here, stifling debate, is not the answer!  Whilst some got a little too, er, involved, shall we say? there was also a lot of interesting debate, there was also humour ( I loved jim's "swivel eyed loons" comments) and when all is said and done I think it's wrong, to simply stifle something because it's the easy option, but hey ho, that's life, Innit!

When offensiveness goes up, content goes down 

Advertising revenue is content-driven. New members are also the lifeblood of the board. Something to perhaps consider when making posts in anger. 

I'm not above becoming embroiled in an argument, but you do have to wonder what the pay-off is to it. Arguments don't do much for me. Certainly no - one is changing the world here. 

I'm obliged to conclude that some people consistently are drawn into bad-tempered arguments because they themselves are bad-tempered and as such are living unhappy lives 

Just now, broadsword said:

When offensiveness goes up, content goes down 

Advertising revenue is content-driven. New members are also the lifeblood of the board. Something to perhaps consider when making posts in anger. 

I'm not above becoming embroiled in an argument, but you do have to wonder what the pay-off is to it. Arguments don't do much for me. Certainly no - one is changing the world here. 

I'm obliged to conclude that some people consistently are drawn into bad-tempered arguments because they themselves are bad-tempered and as such are living unhappy lives 

Dead right. You need to respect the mods decision. It's like respecting referees, without them there'd be no game.