BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Boycott The Lancashire Evening Telegraph

Neal

Been reading comment after comment in the accounts thread about how fans are disgusted with the LT's treatment of our fans. Our club has been the only thing to keep it going for many years and to put an article out spinning the demise of BRFC into something postive for the 'owners' should be the final straw. They've chosen a side so now i think it's time we choose ours, don't buy newspapers and don't visit their website, they won't be missed. Give them 'The Sun' treatment expertly demonstrated by the scousers. Articles like that make them firmly part of the problem.

Boycott Venky Ownership

Boycott the LET

(aka VENKY EVENING TELEGRAPH)

Scumbags.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been reading comment after comment in the accounts thread about how fans are disgusted with the LT's treatment of our fans. Our club has been the only thing to keep it going for many years and to put an article out spinning the demise of BRFC into something postive for the 'owners' should be the final straw. They've chosen a side so now i think it's time we choose ours, don't buy newspapers and don't visit their website, they won't be missed. Give them 'The Sun' treatment expertly demonstrated by the scousers. Articles like that make them firmly part of the problem.

Boycott Venky Ownership

Boycott the LET

(aka VENKY EVENING TELEGRAPH)

Scumbags.

does anybody buy the telegraph now?

It will not be around very long.

The future of the Post (Preston), the Telegraph (Blackburn), and the Gazette (Blackpool) are very much in doubt.

At the very best we may finish up with a 'Lancashire United' newspaper for a while. That will keep Thenodrog (or Jimmy as he calls himself now) happy.

The LP still manage to employ local sportswriters not sure if the BN does but there's no real excuse for the telerag not to especially given the nature of Rovers and the passion that surrounds the club.

3 outsider in a row now and bit by bit they are singing from the club and Venky hymn sheet more and more. Cut backs or no cut backs that headline the other day was a blatant attempt at glossing over the facts and was imo a disgrace. Rookie journo who doesn't quite get whats going on ? Maybe but that's what they want seemingly.

End of the day they still have editors who know exactly whats going on and the feelings around the town.

The LP still manage to employ local sportswriters not sure if the BN does but there's no real excuse for the telerag not to especially given the nature of Rovers and the passion that surrounds the club.

3 outsider in a row now and bit by bit they are singing from the club and Venky hymn sheet more and more. Cut backs or no cut backs that headline the other day was a blatant attempt at glossing over the facts and was imo a disgrace. Rookie journo who doesn't quite get whats going on ? Maybe but that's what they want seemingly.

End of the day they still have editors who know exactly whats going on and the feelings around the town.

I'd say total boycott of the Web articles too. Get the Ad revenues down.

I long for the days of Peter White. How blessed we were.

I'd say total boycott of the Web articles too. Get the Ad revenues down.

I long for the days of Peter White. How blessed we were.

I dont read the ads of any website so makes no different to me. not interested at all. I know where I like to shop from and stick to those stores.

I dont read the ads of any website so makes no different to me. not interested at all. I know where I like to shop from and stick to those stores.

I expect they get paid on number of visits to their site as well as click throughs to ads etc..

I read the comments for a laugh but the articles are a joke really. It is like a school project on Journalism, done badly.

I just wish they would ask some probing questions.

It will not be around very long.

The future of the Post (Preston), the Telegraph (Blackburn), and the Gazette (Blackpool) are very much in doubt.

At the very best we may finish up with a 'Lancashire United' newspaper for a while. That will keep Thenodrog (or Jimmy as he calls himself now) happy.

I'm here, and I'm not Thenodrog...

Again commenting condescendingly when you have no idea what points you are opposing.

I hope you give more thought to crossing a road that you do to firing in to reply to such posts.

The LET have let Rovers down for 6 years. That cannot be defended, even by yourself.

Again commenting condescendingly when you have no idea what points you are opposing.

I hope you give more thought to crossing a road that you do to firing in to reply to such posts.

The LET have let Rovers down for 6 years. That cannot be defended, even by yourself.

Oh for The Manchester Evening News, Liverpool Echo, Alf Thornton, David Allen, Peter White..ANYONE with some journalistic integrity.

Indeed , we have been let down for six years

I have also had it with Radio Lancashire's minimising, normalising, sanitising, p** * weak "analysis" as well. A plague on both their houses!

Misunderstood the point I think Chaddy, the idea is to stop visiting their website to decrease their website traffic and profits through that traffic.

Idea:

Start a new thread named something like 'Daily LET Articles Boycott Page' where one of us... Perhaps Chaddy? Goes on their website, copy and pastes it on here so anyone vaguely interested can still read it but they don't get the website visits. Another plus from that is that you can spare yourself the stress of being tempted into reading comments from people with the intelligence of a peanut.

Misunderstood the point I think Chaddy, the idea is to stop visiting their website to decrease their website traffic and profits through that traffic.

Idea:

Start a new thread named something like 'Daily LET Articles Boycott Page' where one of us... Perhaps Chaddy? Goes on their website, copy and pastes it on here so anyone vaguely interested can still read it but they don't get the website visits. Another plus from that is that you can spare yourself the stress of being tempted into reading comments from people with the intelligence of a peanut.

That is the fun bit.

Idea:

Dont go the website that much. Once or twice a week. Not really read it much since start of the season

I was all for supporting the local paper until Cryers inept performance during the King rat/Barry Chuckle era.

That period alone was a journalists wet dream, opportunities like those don't present themselves very often, but Mr Cryer was picked up and put firmly in Barry Chuckles pocket and should never get another job in 'journalism' again for me.

Since that time I've been on the website a couple of times and its become unreadable with all the adverts anyway....

Archived