BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Boycott The Lancashire Evening Telegraph

Neal

Andy Todd ?. Lee Williamson and that red card against the Dingles ? Mr savage ? All fit your criteria tomphil

Toddy & Sav deffo but Willo no lol I was there and witnessed that tackle it was special but the rest of his time was mostly forgettable. Shame because if his legs weren't running through treacle he would've been ok imo :)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last time I bought the local rag was when Bowyer got sacked.

As for the website, well the comments are the most entertaining part. Not sure how the revenue from site visits actually works but presume it's from adverts, pop-ups etc. Though going off the amount of people that I see complaining about adverts on youtube etc. that I never see I can also presume that my adblock actually works.

Not sure if it's fact as it's on Facebook.But there's talk of Rovers proof reading the papers articles before they're published.

Standards in local and national journalism have declined but I cannot see any editor agreeing to that.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, NinjaTattoo said:

Absolute joke the LT. No balls and now deleting comments and changing pic's.

How long before my comments are removed from the LT.

Don't post mate, we're better than them, we don't need them, they need us... Soon as they start to realise that they might do some proper journalism for once.

20 minutes ago, Neal said:

Don't post mate, we're better than them, we don't need them, they need us... Soon as they start to realise that they might do some proper journalism for once.

I know mate but some of the tripe that is posted beggers belief but I just rise to it. I know I shouldnt but it still grates me when so called fans on there are still on the fence when it comes to Baloo and the corrupt ones.

13 hours ago, NinjaTattoo said:

I know mate but some of the tripe that is posted beggers belief but I just rise to it. I know I shouldnt but it still grates me when so called fans on there are still on the fence when it comes to Baloo and the corrupt ones.

I've been guilty of that. I think the best thing to do honestly is just to leave them to it though and study their behaviour like some strange cult community. 

Graham Jones MP once said 5 yrs ago that all this was a slow motion car crash unfolding before our very eyes and 80% of fans at the time all agreed others give HWSNBN and Venkys a bit longer to prove us wrong but how anyone can still sit on the fence 6yrs down the line is beyond me.

On 22/01/2017 at 1:21 AM, jim mk2 said:

Standards in local and national journalism have declined but I cannot see any editor agreeing to that.

Bet you couldn't see the editor removing a photo of Pasha at Rovers request either.

15 minutes ago, NinjaTattoo said:

Graham Jones MP once said 5 yrs ago that all this was a slow motion car crash unfolding before our very eyes and 80% of fans at the time all agreed others give HWSNBN and Venkys a bit longer to prove us wrong but how anyone can still sit on the fence 6yrs down the line is beyond me.

I was one who wondered if we should give them a bit longer and see if they could turn it around because I don't like to write people off too quickly, but that was a long time ago. It's beyond me too how people can still be thinking things might improve under Venkys and whoever else has their fingers in the pie. 

1 hour ago, gumboots said:

I was one who wondered if we should give them a bit longer and see if they could turn it around because I don't like to write people off too quickly, but that was a long time ago. It's beyond me too how people can still be thinking things might improve under Venkys and whoever else has their fingers in the pie. 

Gumboots , I always think you seem a fairly rational judge of things and I seem to have taken a broadly similar stance to you on what's gone on .

did you listen to the Ribble FM interview in another thread and if so what do you make of it? I thought it was as close to telling it how I see it as anything I have heard in a long time. 

Not that anything is going to happen any time soon but it made me feel good to know there are genuinely people out there who won't let this club fail and that whenever that is there is hope for us. It sort of picked me up a bit from a very low place

just be interested in your thoughts as the voice of reason.Bob , I think saw it that way too and is always pretty measured.

1 hour ago, gumboots said:

When they brought in Lambert & co., I hoped there might have been a radical shift in their thinking. Potting a struggling manager (Bowyer) and bringing in an experienced manager & backroom team? That was unprecedented. Of course, I should've known that with all things Venkys it would be another false dawn. Everything they touch turns to chicken shit.

Archived