BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Boycott The Lancashire Evening Telegraph

Neal

2 hours ago, TBTF said:

Gumboots , I always think you seem a fairly rational judge of things and I seem to have taken a broadly similar stance to you on what's gone on .

did you listen to the Ribble FM interview in another thread and if so what do you make of it? I thought it was as close to telling it how I see it as anything I have heard in a long time. 

Not that anything is going to happen any time soon but it made me feel good to know there are genuinely people out there who won't let this club fail and that whenever that is there is hope for us. It sort of picked me up a bit from a very low place

just be interested in your thoughts as the voice of reason.Bob , I think saw it that way too and is always pretty measured.

I havent had chance to listen to that yet. Intend to when i get a bit more free time. Sounds daft now im retired but the old adage is true. I really dont know how i had time to go to work.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apart from Venkys who in the eyes of Rovers fans is the biggest criminal in this whole sorry affair?

Who would Rovers fans only like to read about in relation to his obituary?

Yet the Venkygraph thought it would be in their interests to publish, online, a vomit inducing interview with the slimeball

They quickly removed it but their colours are firmly nailed to the mast.

The article exists via Google Cache

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:q02CZzoLxrwJ:www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15068680._I_got_pulled_into_things_that_I_probably_wasn_t_qualified_to_be_talking_about____former_boss_Steve_Kean_on_his_time_as_Blackburn_Rovers_boss/%3FcommentSort%3Dnewest+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Vinjay17 said:

Really don’t understand the problem.

A business owned by a notable local family changes directors and does well is standard local rag fodder.

I’m giving you the benefit of the doubt here...

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Ha you obviously haven’t been here long enough S8...

The notable local family is the problem!

Damn right they are. I think S8 knows exactly what my issue is and I know what his real issue is.

That article didn't even mention a director change either. Clearly you didn't even bother to read it properly. It was the current managing director (who appears to have been there a while) glorifying the Walker Family/Trustees in a pathetic puff piece. They never get the abuse they deserve and it's because of rubbish like this in local media who ought to be objective. Rather than kissing up to them so they might pay for puff pieces like this. 

Unless you have somehow confused this with a separate (and slightly more recent) story with Northchoke recently selling their "Ribble Valley Inns" properties? As I say you clearly didn't read that article properly so it's plausible.

I never knew that Guide Security was part of the Walker Trust portfolio.

Interesting to note that this company have become sponsors of Accrington Stanley over the last few years. I don't think they mirror that with support of Rovers.

If I'm wrong on that then I hold my hands up but I'm not aware of any Walker family businesses being involved in supporting Rovers. The only link is Northcote which from what I can see doesn't really do the club many favours.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

I never knew that Guide Security was part of the Walker Trust portfolio.

Interesting to note that this company have become sponsors of Accrington Stanley over the last few years. I don't think they mirror that with support of Rovers.

If I'm wrong on that then I hold my hands up but I'm not aware of any Walker family businesses being involved in supporting Rovers. The only link is Northcote which from what I can see doesn't really do the club many favours.

It used to bug me when they sponsored Birmingham and sent more money their way than ours.

Archived