BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Birmingham Home Saturday 21/01/2017

1arC

This coming Saturday, sees us return to Ewood for the second fixture of the new year. Birmingham are in FA Cup action, first this Wednesday,away at Newcastle so here's hoping, they have either get a thumping, or go to extra time and penalties and arrive at our place leg weary.

Their last few games have been something of a mixed bag, as the were beaten 4-0 away at Newcastle in early December. They followed that up with a 2-1 win at home to Ipswich and a 1-2 reverse at home to Derby. New years Eve so them draw 2-2 V Barnsley and in their first game in 2017 they lost at home 1-3 to Brentford. Following on from that, they drew 1-1 at home in the cup against Newcastle and 0-0 at home to Forest at the weekend.

Given the recent change of ownership and manager, they seem to be a club in transition right now. The bookmakers have Rovers down as favourites at the minute, but the most tempting bet, has to be the 50- 1 available on a 2-3 win for Brum. Given that we have lost four of our last seven league games, by that very score, these are very tempting odds and I may have my £1 on that come the weekend. I would much rather lose the money and see a Rovers win, but forecast a 2-2 draw.

Recent connections with the club are current joint U23 managers Damien Johnson and David Dunn, who both had spells with them, Dunny making the return to Ewood as we all know.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jim Smith also signed Gordon Taylor from Brum for Rovers.

This is a 'must win' game and I fully expect Coyley and the boys to deliver. Think Brum lost the plot sacking Rowett and replacing with Zola who has still to win a game with Brum after 6 or 7 matches. Who knows, heavy defeat at Newcastle in the cup might lead to Zola either being fired or resigning!

In a way, we couldn't have a better home game.

This is a 'must win' game and I fully expect Coyley and the boys to deliver. Think Brum lost the plot sacking Rowett and replacing with Zola who has still to win a game with Brum after 6 or 7 matches. Who knows, heavy defeat at Newcastle in the cup might lead to Zola either being fired or resigning!

Mercer for the love of God:

i) Stop saying 'Coyley and the boys'

ii) Predicting us to win every game yet again

You had appeared to wise up for a month or so but you're back to your old ways again. You know just as well as I do that we're crap.

Rovers 1 Brum 2

You just have to see this as Zola getting lift off it's what Rovers do best offering struggling managers a lifeline, even their own but not in this case. More tinkering with the side and more excuses from Coyle.

Why do you expect us to do something we've seldom done all season? We can all make it predictions, but some element of a basis would be nice.

Agree on Brum but you couldn't even consider us likely to get at point at current form. We couldn't defend to save our lives.

1-2 Birmingham win , with a stray gust of wind taking the ball round lowey and through Steelys legs for the winner, Coyley complaining afterwards of Mother Nature having a agenda and greggs having increased the price of chocolate sprinkle doughnuts so we can't sign any players

Why do you expect us to do something we've seldom done all season? We can all make it predictions, but some element of a basis would be nice.

Agree on Brum but you couldn't even consider us likely to get at point at current form. We couldn't defend to save our lives.

We aren't a good side, I know that and most of our fans know that.

Fact is Brum are in turmoil. From a well engine machine under Rowett, they've turned into a 'confused' side under Zola if some reports are correct. The last thing they need is a long return journey to Newcastle on a midweek winter's night only to come back with a likely hiding.

As for current form, last three league games include a point at Huddersfield, a win at home to Newcastle and a cup victory at QPR - surprises, yes but results don't lie.

I think the aforementioned is sufficient basis to think that Coyley and the boys can notch three much needed points on Saturday - don't you ?

Fact is Brum are in turmoil. From a well engine machine under Rowett, they've turned into a 'confused' side under Zola if some reports are correct. The last thing they need is a long return journey to Newcastle on a midweek winter's night only to come back with a likely hiding.

As for current form, last three league games include a point at Huddersfield, a win at home to Newcastle and a cup victory at QPR - surprises, yes but results don't lie.

I think the aforementioned is sufficient basis to think that Coyley and the boys can notch three much needed points on Saturday - don't you ?

Coyley

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

:D

Old 'Coyley' can go and Friday himself royally

I can't see it, we're terrible.

Brum are yet another dusfunctional club in this ridiculous league we're in. Someone said that club managers were picked like you would pick a sticker for your Panini album and that's dead right in their case. We should beat them .... probably won't though..1-1.

Gallows humour indeed!

I honestly can't see us picking up points. Just on the basis of where we are in the table compared and the constantly poor performances at home all season - even in those games we've had results. We would need to score a few goals, and I doubt Zola is so stupid to have completely changed the defensive set up - they've conceded far less than us even since Rowett left.

I anticipate more poor tactical decisions, more individual mistakes, more unrest and probably more misery. I hope that you are corrrect, and I agree that Brum seem destined to go in a similar direction to us ultimately!

Players must be having the day off. Wes Brown spent the afternoon in the Sky Sports studio talking about the Premier League and Sam Gallagher posted on instragram yesterday that he was flying home.

Maybe Coyle or his bosses, had Ipswich in his accumulator, so gave them a few days off, as a reward.

Archived