BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Takeover Talk

Kamy100

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope this is true but expect disappointment.

Caution folks.

He may not be the knight in shining armour after all:

http://www.houstonpress.com/news/why-bob-mcnair-is-the-worst-owner-in-houston-sports-history-7839734

A fair reading of the article has a lot of positives in it also. And as others have pointed out, their record is not as bad as all of that.

Sadly hes a Republican Trumpeteer but on the upside seriously minted.

Good for him. A businessman of sense.

I have received 2 statements from Bob McNair's spokespeople. The first one via Houston Chronicle reads as follows: 1/2

Mr McNair has looked at viability of purchasing Blackburn Rovers but decided not to pursue this any further. 2/2.

It would have been nice, but as usual, our hopes fade.

The second statement I received is from Amy Palcic who is director of communications for Houston Texans, it reads: 1/2

There is no truth in speculation that Mr McNair has decided to pursue interest in purchasing Blackburn Rovers Football Club. 2/2.

All over folks, nothing to see here!

Northern Rover@Northern_Rover 2m2 minutes ago

More

I have received 2 statements from Bob McNair's spokespeople. The first one via Houston Chronicle reads as follows: 1/2

Northern Rover@Northern_Rover 1m1 minute ago

More

Mr McNair has looked at viability of purchasing Blackburn Rovers but decided not to pursue this any further. 2/2.

It would have been nice, but as usual, our hopes fade.

Northern Rover@Northern_Rover 21s21 seconds ago

More

The second statement I received is from Amy Palcic who is director of communications for Houston Texans, it reads: 1/2

Northern Rover@Northern_Rover 14s14 seconds ago

More

There is no truth in speculation that Mr McNair has decided to pursue interest in purchasing Blackburn Rovers Football Club. 2/2.

All over folks, nothing to see here!

. Let's get #pleasereconsider trending on Twitter then

Sorry to report that 2 spokespeople for Bob McNair have told me that he will not be buying Rovers. Looks like there was interest but he decided not to go any further. All very disappointing but not unexpected.

Oh well 24 hours nearly of hope. This has to end one way or another some day.

Sorry to report that 2 spokespeople for Bob McNair have told me that he will not be buying Rovers. Looks like there was interest but he decided not to go any further. All very disappointing but not unexpected.

have you asked the them if they are willing to disclose a main reason /further why not and what was the interest in the first place?

May uncover info we have no knowledge of

Probably doesn't matter much why the American's looked and decided against it. It's tough to take that they won't be going any further with it but not at all unexpected.

The two most important points here are:

1) There are people around the world who are on the lookout to buy Championship football clubs and have taken an interest in Blackburn Rovers. We now know there have been at least 2 groups who have at least considered or attempted some sort of investment in Rovers in the space of the last 6 months with no evidence the club is even actively up for sale (Seneca and McNair). This undermines the theory regularly seen that nobody with any sense would ever want to buy this club in future.

2) It probably doesn't matter about the American side as to why they looked but decided against it. What matters more is whether their interest came about through Venkys attempting to sell/get people on board, or whether they were just interested in buying a club and Venkys had nothing to do with it. If its the latter then it could well be the case that Venkys remain 'committed' and wouldn't have even given the Americans the time of day even if they had decided to bid.

Good for him. A businessman of sense.

Hasn't he bankrupted four businesses, settled in court for scamming people with a fake university, and earned less with his inherited money than if he'd just put it in the bank? Doesn't seem like a businessman of sense to me.

Hasn't he bankrupted four businesses, settled in court for scamming people with a fake university, and earned less with his inherited money than if he'd just put it in the bank? Doesn't seem like a businessman of sense to me.

And would still be a better option than what we have now. In my opinion.

Archived