SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer's Linkedin Profile

Amo

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, preston blue said:

Sorry but I cannot stand Bowyer.  Watching him from the JW Upper was like watching a battery powered robot with the batteries running down.  He was as motivating as a stuffed parrot....and well out of his depth.

True,but that team we had....

Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Fair play to the Blackpool fans for their continuing boycott....the ground looked very empty v Luton.

The loudest chant I heard from the Blackpool fans during the game was "Oyston Out". The Luton fans chanted this too and also sang "give them their club back". This drew a round of applause from the Blackpool supporters.

18 minutes ago, arbitro said:

The loudest chant I heard from the Blackpool fans during the game was "Oyston Out". The Luton fans chanted this too and also sang "give them their club back". This drew a round of applause from the Blackpool supporters.

Well played Luton fans

Bowyer's Herculean Juggernaut of Footballing Supremacy has just glided to a 6-5 walkover against a team who amusingly finished above them. From what i've heard it was like watching a shark fight a tadpole. 

As always, built on rock solid defence and masterful substitutions, I can't believe they're going to put him through the indignity of another 90 minutes before handing him the inevitable promotion.

Genius. 

Pleased for Gary, who has done an excellent job under difficult circumstances.  Also pleased for the Blackpool fans, many of whom we've met on motorway service stations this season as they continued to follow their team under the most trying of circumstances.  They thoroughly deserve a day out at Wembley and hopefully they can celebrate promotion - if only to save us a trip to Exeter next season!

6 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Bowyer once again proving himself to be a far better manager than he is given credit for. To do what he's done at Blackpool this season is impressive to say the least.

Hope they go up for his sake. He never got the credit at Rovers that he deserved.

Bowyer has found his level. I was one of his biggest critics but even I said he would be good in League 2.

You can't take credit for not making the play-offs with the squad he had.

Bowyer has done a great job with Blackpool this season. Can't understand why he gets slated on here so much, agreed the way he set the team up at times was frustrating but under Venkys we had our most stable period under him. If Blackpool get promoted it'll be interesting to see how far he's come against us.

47 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Bowyer has found his level. I was one of his biggest critics but even I said he would be good in League 2.

You can't take credit for not making the play-offs with the squad he had.

Disagree. We had Willowe in our engine room. That does not suggest we had a great squad. We just had a few well regarded players at Championship level, most of whom Bowyer bought for a pittance and then quickly had to sell. He spent £3m in nearly 3 years, even at Championship level that's a lot less than most.

In the circumstances he did a very good job. He was only sacked because the pluckers, in their wisdom, thought Lambert would get us promoted with the rag-tag of freebies Bowyer was left with. A monumentally bad decision. We wouldn't be in League 1 if they'd kept Bowyer. Bowyer will gets results at any level in the EFL. He brings 'stability', that much derided word which we would have killed for a bit of last season.

1 hour ago, Tony Rover said:

Bowyer has done a great job with Blackpool this season. Can't understand why he gets slated on here so much, agreed the way he set the team up at times was frustrating but under Venkys we had our most stable period under him. If Blackpool get promoted it'll be interesting to see how far he's come against us.

A distinct lack of footballing knowledge and illusions of grandeur are 2 reasons why this board gave him so much stick.

Glad for him, one of the good guys.

31 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

We wouldn't be in League 1 if they'd kept Bowyer. Bowyer will gets results at any level in the EFL. He brings 'stability', that much derided word which we would have killed for a bit of last season.

Bunkum

We'd have been in league 1 a season earlier had we kept Bowyer

Maybe your part time boycott depending on which way the winds blowing meant you missed the end of his reign?

We were heading one way, down....

I saw both and the resilience Blackpool showed was remarkable. They went behind on aggregate to the dodgiest of dodgy penalties and showed bottle to come back and win.

Good luck to Bowyer and his team. The Oystons don't deserve to be lording it up in the Royal Box but they will be milking it.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

Disagree.

I'm afraid I have to disagree with your disagree. 

I think Bowyer's tenure is looking worse as the years go on and you have the benefit of hindsight. Such a massive opportunity lost, and looking at our current predicament could really be seen as a massive turning point IMO, that set us down the wrong path. 

For example, the 2014/15 season he had a squad of:

Tom Cairney-                     Champ team of the year 2017. 20 million price tag.

Josh King-                          16 Prem goals 2017. 15 million price tag.

Shane Duffy-                      Just been promoted to Prem 2017.

Rude Gestede-                  20  Champ goals that season.

Jordan Rhodes-                 21 Champ goals that season.

Paul Robinson-                  Still played a few Prem matches in 2017.

Marcus Olsson-                 Played a full season 2017 in a top 10 Champ team.

Ben Marshall-                    Still scoring goals and getting assists in the Champ.

Craig Conway-                   Playing way better back then, with a yard extra pace.

Alex Baptiste-                     Played half a Champ season 2017 in team that finished 11th

Grant Hanley-                    Errrrrrr, failed at Newcastle, but International regular.

And with that squad at his disposal, Bowyer failed to "compete", and I mean compete at any time over the course of the season to even get in the Top 6 let alone think about the top of the table. That is an absolute travesty when you look at some of the squads that have competed at the top of the table this season, i.e. Reading, who may still yet go up. 

And to blame it on Willowe as an excuse to get him off the hook is weak. If anything, that highlights his deficiencies to me. We had a very competent squad that was strong enough in most areas - defence, wings, strikers - and yet it was let down week after week by the middle of the field. And was not addressed despite the supporters screaming about it game after game. 

FWIW, I like GB,wish him all the best, and hope he has a great day out at Wembley and comes back successful. He also did a lot of good at Rovers, and helped steady a massively listing ship during stormy times. But I also won't ever have it that he did anything other than fail in the grand scheme of things when you think of the opportunity we had back then, and realistically how far away we were from achieving success in the form of promotion. 

Archived