BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bowyer's Linkedin Profile

Amo

Fair play to Bowyer. Glad for the bloke, was kind of hoping for Exeter as i like that part of the world and it's a ground I've never been to. Hope he gets a decent reception from Rovers fans, he had the club at his heart.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Gav said:

Happy for Bowyer, decent guy, and better manager than most on here gave him credit for.

Sadly for the fans that doesn't tell the whole story.

Couldn't agree more Gav. One of the only managers we've had since Allardyce who actually gave a @#/?.

Well done GB. Many managers would've struggled in that scenario 

Just now, Gav said:

Happy for Bowyer, decent guy, and better manager than most on here gave him credit for.

Sadly for the fans that doesn't tell the whole story.

Decent bloke? No doubt.

Better manager? Not a chance. Blew our last hope. Not his fault ultimately - although a Tony Parkes would have put the club before himself and stood down. He should have been replaced by a real manager before the money ran out.

As a perennial caretaker he would have been very good. Trouble with that is that it gives the Raos ideas excuses.

Just now, Stuart said:

Decent bloke? No doubt.

Better manager? Not a chance. Blew our last hope. Not his fault ultimately - although a Tony Parkes would have put the club before himself and stood down. He should have been replaced by a real manager before the money ran out.

As a perennial caretaker he would have been very good. Trouble with that is that it gives the Raos ideas excuses.

Very good bloke. 

We have had this debate about him before he did a good job whilst here

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Very good bloke. 

No. He did a mediocre job. A good job would have been promotion. An average job - with that squad - would have been play-off places.

Just now, Parsonblue said:

Very pleased for Gary who has done a fantastic job in difficult circumstances at Blackpool.  Also pleased for the many Blackpool fans we have met this season travelling up and down the country.

I think the hardcore live in a virtual reality world.

Most Blackpool fans will be disgusted that the Oyston's have had a moment of success.

Just now, Stuart said:

Most Blackpool fans will be disgusted that the Oyston's have had a moment of success.

You'll be cheering on another relegation for Rovers next season then...

Just now, Stuart said:

Some Blackpool fans have missed a great victory and promotion today..

Each person has made their choice. 

Are you not a hardcore Rovers fan who still attend games?

Just now, Stuart said:

Fans have different opinions and we've met some decent Blackpool fans who've travelled up and down the country this season following their club just as we follow ours.  They've stuck with the manager and players and those fans have got their reward today.  Good luck to them.

Just now, Stuart said:

Decent bloke? No doubt.

His achievement today shows what a good manager he really is, to blame him for the shenanigans that went on here shows a lack of knowledge on the subject which I know you don't have. 

Time to swallow that pride and admit you got Bowyer wrong.

Just now, Hasta said:

When's was the last time Rovers finished a league season below Preston, Burnley and Blackpool? 

Another long-standing record for Venkys to aim for next year.

Too strong a comment for me. Was enjoying a couple of beers and read this, has soured the taste a little now. 

South West 0 v Lancashire 2 after Lancashire beat Cornwall and Blackpool winning.

I'm pleased that Gary has achieved success in getting them up. His job was almost the impossible job of sending his players out at Bloomfield Road in that toxic atmosphere and getting results.

Bowyer is a football man and has been with a dad like Ian who must have instilled a love of football in him from an early age. It was nice to see him there in the stands today.

Two interesting anecdotes from the commentary team today; at the age of 6 Gary burst into Brian Clough's office and demanded to know why his dad wasn't in the first team! Shows that he may not be the dull figure that some believe him to be; Cloughies reaction wasn't mentioned!

Secondly his talent as a coach was constantly stressed and they said that Phil Jones had always been effusive in his praise of Gary Bowyer and owed his professional career to him rather than another ex- manager of ours.

He certainly squeezed every drop out of his side today even though in my opinion the better side lost.

So now it's Blackpool Fleetwood Wigan Bury Oldham Rochdale derbies next season. A depressing list if you're pessimistic but some decent scraps if you're a glass half full person!

And why, when there has been plenty of Championship and League 1  jobs available since he left, did he only end up in League 2? Was never good enough as a manager for a club that desperately needed promotion and never came near to even threatening the playoffs. With the players we had, fair enough a lot of which were signed while he was manager. By him or by his Dad is debatable, depending on which stories you believe, but he arguably had the final say as manager. I think a lot are looking back with rose tinted specs after the gash we've put up with since and before him, but just because he was marginally taller than the other dwarves we've had, it doesn't make him a giant.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Very good bloke. 

You did want him sacked though didn't you?

Just now, Reidy You're a Star said:

And why, when there has been plenty of Championship and League 1  jobs available since he left, did he only end up in League 2? Was never good enough as a manager for a club that desperately needed promotion and never came near to even threatening the playoffs. With the players we had, fair enough a lot of which were signed while he was manager. By him or by his Dad is debatable, depending on which stories you believe, but he arguably had the final say as manager. I think a lot are looking back with rose tinted specs after the gash we've put up with since and before him, but just because he was marginally taller than the other dwarves we've had, it doesn't make him a giant.

He did come very close in the season Rudy and Rhodes scores 20 a piece, the next to last home game we conceded a 93rd minute equaliser to Brighton who finished in play offs if we'd have held on we would have finished in the play offs that season, we went into the last game with a chance.

However, I agree, should have done better with those players. When cairney was here I didn't rate him because GB played him out wide, he now looks like a completely different player in the role he has at Fulham. 

Just now, Reidy You're a Star said:

He got promotion today for a desperate club and came within two points of the play-offs with Rovers. Apart from that....

Needles to say The Monotone Mourinho pulled off yet another tactical masterstroke and steamrolled through another easy afternoon's work. From what I've heard it was one of the most one sided 2-1er's you'll ever see. The commentators were apparently waxing lyrical about the amount of systems he has up his sleeve. It won't surprise anyone to hear he was wearing a long sleeved shirt...

Archived