BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fa Cup Next Round

I think we will see a jump from 7000/8000 Rovers fans to something like 13/4k despite the boycott platitudes.

Im looking forward to it, it wouldnt surprise me either, if the signings since last night are linked to the potential of shifting 7k x £35 tickets...

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bet Cheston is investigating the possibility of allocating the Riverside to United fans.

Should be a lunchtime kick off if United get the full Darwen End as we have been told in the past that the police insist on an early kick off if there is such a large away following. Except of course when Sky Sports want to put it on live TV or when its United and a different set of rules come into play.

To be fair, so would most clubs as they know there will always be utd "fans" ready to pay it.  For this one I wouldn't blame them charging high prices. Only concession could be if you have your ticket from the last round then you get a fiver off or whatever, but since most fans will be from the away club make them pay

Sunday or a Monday night this one, I would have thought there is a good chance of it being Monday as United will probably draw a decent TV audience. I think there will be well over 20k on as lots of casual united fans will come out of the woodwork. I've already had a few mates who know i have an ST tap me up to see if they can come with me or use my allocation.

Has to be Sunday, as they are also playing the following Wednesday.

We had a sell out two years ago, though this is an earlier round and the fact our average crowd has dropped still further since then, the days we played these clubs regulary are becoming more and more of a distant memory, so you can only imagine it sells well.

• Backroom

The latest pleb (the one who had the sly dig at fans at weekend) was on Twitter bragging last night how corporate was nearly sold out for the game already.

They'll be licking their lips.

Just now, Tom said:

The latest pleb (the one who had the sly dig at fans at weekend) was on Twitter bragging last night how corporate was nearly sold out for the game already.

They'll be licking their lips.

Sellout Dan ?  Bet they are not selling as fast as he sold out his principles

I'm actually in Blackpool watching my son and son in law running the fylde half marathon if the match is Sunday. So I can't be tempted, but unfortunately might also miss any protests outside the ground. And if it's Monday night I'm in Edinburgh

How can they sell out corporate if they still don't know what time the kick off is and haven't announced ticketing arrangements yet?

Unless someone does know the final arrangements but they are holding back from telling the fans....

Dan the man would have been cracking open the champagne after last night's draw. They'll make more money off this Cup game than the rest of the season put together and it will be pats on the backs all round at Ewood.

Just now, A cup of beans said:

I'm stopping boycotting in the hope of seeing Zlatan and Pogba live!

Just kidding.

The last time I went to Ewood to see anyone except the Rovers, was 1968/9 when we played city in the cup. I will not be going.

There'll never be a problem selling corporate stuff when UTD are in town so i don't know why he's bragging it's feck all down to him. It would be pathetic if corporate stuff didn't sell out even if the stadium doesn't. At least 60% in those boxes will be UTD fans or neutrals, many brought in by Rovers supporters it's just the way it is. This is a club from 30 miles up the road that gets 75k every home game including full boxes.

I'd imagine ticketmaster and stubhub will do a roarer as well, wonder how restrictive the club are when it comes to allowing blocks of tickets to end up on these ? Not very i'd wager.

The FC united fans may get on board if it was aimed more towards the FA. They understand what we are going through and seem a decent bunch. No harm what so ever in posting a message on theirs and man u board. At the end of the day we are all football fans who want what's best for their clubs. Who knows which club is next. For the sake of a message the potential rewards are ten fold. Would some bpool fans not come back down. Some friends/allies surly got made that day. We could even promise that a bunch of us will go and help them later in the season. Possibly inspire other clubs to think alike. Get the movement going

Taken from www.rovers.co.uk in a couple of days time:-

In the 5th Round of the FA Cup, Blackburn Rovers fans have the chance to witness a classic tie versus holders Manchester United. The tie will take place at Ewood Park and Blackburn fans have been allocated 8000 tickets in the whole of the Blackburn End. The rest of the ground is strictly for Manchester United supporters.

The Golden Cup has been allocated as the designated Blackburn pub for the day and police are advising Rovers fans against wearing colours.

Season ticket holders in the Riverside, DE and JW will receive an email shortly telling them which seats they have been allocated.

Mike Cheston, Director at Ewood, says "It will be a huge financial boost to see Ewood full and rocking again. It justifies what we have been striving to achieve over the recent months."

Balaji Rao was unavailable for comment.

54 minutes ago, A cup of beans said:

I'm stopping boycotting in the hope of seeing Zlatan and Pogba live!

Just kidding.

If that is aimed at me then it's not exactly accurate as I'm not boycotting. I still go to league games as I've paid for my season ticket and I plan to 'get my money's worth' (a misnomer if ever I've seen one), it's just the way I am. Next season I won't be renewing though.

I'm also a football fan at the end of the day so the chance to see the world's most expensive player and a player with the mystique of Zlatan, well that appeals to me. The fact it's at Ewood against Rovers really is a side issue. Even still I'm in two minds anyway.

Just now, donnermeat said:

If that is aimed at me then it's not exactly accurate as I'm not boycotting. I still go to league games as I've paid for my season ticket and I plan to 'get my money's worth' (a misnomer if ever I've seen one), it's just the way I am. Next season I won't be renewing though.

I'm also a football fan at the end of the day so the chance to see the world's most expensive player and a player with the mystique of Zlatan, well that appeals to me. The fact it's at Ewood against Rovers really is a side issue. Even still I'm in two minds anyway.

No in depth reply is really needed, from me.  You've clearly explained yourself and freedom of choice etc.

34 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Taken from www.rovers.co.uk in a couple of days time:-

In the 5th Round of the FA Cup, Blackburn Rovers fans have the chance to witness a classic tie versus holders Manchester United. The tie will take place at Ewood Park and Blackburn fans have been allocated 8000 tickets in the whole of the Blackburn End. The rest of the ground is strictly for Manchester United supporters.

The Golden Cup has been allocated as the designated Blackburn pub for the day and police are advising Rovers fans against wearing colours.

Season ticket holders in the Riverside, DE and JW will receive an email shortly telling them which seats they have been allocated.

Mike Cheston, Director at Ewood, says "It will be a huge financial boost to see Ewood full and rocking again. It justifies what we have been striving to achieve over the recent months."

Balaji Rao was unavailable for comment.

I know you're being facetious but I am expecting something unpalatable along those lines. For me fook the Mancs, give them the Riverside only and use the game as an opportunity to get lapsed Rovers fans back into Ewood for one game.

If the boot were on the other foot and we could fill Ewood with our own fans and the debate was whether to restrict Man Ure to the top right hand corner of the Darwen End then I'm sure the local Police would be bleating about how this can't be done due to segregation issues etc.

I'm sure however as its a case of bending over backwards to appease away fans they'll find a way to ignore those sort of considerations and fill the ground with away fans in the grubby pursuit of a few extra quid thereby making the experience as unpleasant as possible for our own supporters.

18 hours ago, preston blue said:

It will probably be a Sunday game as Burnley have a home tie.

20,000 + Mancs

7,000 Rovers 

the V's will be rubbing their hands at the income flowing back to Pune.

i have a day on the bevvie in Chorley on the Saturday.

This will test the mettle of the boycotters. I predict practically a full house.

Archived