BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers' mouth piece - the LT

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Be careful a newbie on here coming up with a post like that..:o

But in honesty it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest neither would it surprise me if Kean still had shares or something in the club seeing as he's been hiding out in Brunei where amazingly Cresendo are based. Break the club down into a fragment of itself then bring him back to relaunch himself in the face of hardly any opposition . Would not put it past those who really run this club, by rights it should kill what's left stone dead overnight but there'll still be a couple of thousand sat there saying give him another chance.......

I had the idea he went to work for the Brunei royal family for safety reasons (royal bodyguards and all that) because the GG's might not have

been very happy with the way he walked out on the job.

Edited by West Yorks Rover
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

Be careful a newbie on here coming up with a post like that..:o

But in honesty it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest neither would it surprise me if Kean still had shares or something in the club seeing as he's been hiding out in Brunei where amazingly Cresendo are based. Break the club down into a fragment of itself then bring him back to relaunch himself in the face of hardly any opposition . Would not put it past those who really run this club, by rights it should kill what's left stone dead overnight but there'll still be a couple of thousand sat there saying give him another chance.......

Long time reader on these boards.

Once got chatised for saying Tiny Taylor was slow and not very good.

Been a supporter since bob saxton gave me my football winners medal after we won the league with 5 games to go (  I was 9 at the time )

• Like 3

Got to love Google Cache

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:q02CZzoLxrwJ:www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15068680._I_got_pulled_into_things_that_I_probably_wasn_t_qualified_to_be_talking_about____former_boss_Steve_Kean_on_his_time_as_Blackburn_Rovers_boss/%3FcommentSort%3Dnewest+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

Just in case that gets deleted too here's the article copied and pasted

"I got pulled into things that I probably wasn't qualified to be talking about" - Steve Kean on his time as Blackburn Rovers boss

FORMER Blackburn Rovers boss Steve Kean says he has learned lessons from his time at the helm at Ewood Park, and revealed: “sometimes I got pulled into things that I probably wasn't qualified to be talking about.”

Kean left Rovers in September 2012, saying at the time he was ‘forced to resign’ after his position as manager became ‘untenable’.

Kean was appointed Rovers boss in December 2010, with the club securing Premier League survival with a final-day win over Wolves.

Rovers were relegated the following season however, with Kean leaving the club when they were third in the Championship.

Reflecting on his time at Rovers in an interview with ESPN from his side’s pre-season camp in Bangkok, Kean said: “At Blackburn, because it was my first job as a manager, sometimes I got pulled into things that I probably wasn't qualified to be talking about.

“When I was at Fulham, and when I was at Real Sociedad and Coventry, in the assistant manager’s role, I didn’t really get involved with other things.

“But at Blackburn, I was being pulled into meetings and being asked about things like, in three years, what colour is the third strip going to be?

“I think there are people who are better qualified to be in those kinds of meetings than me.

“Now, looking back and reflecting on it, I’m quite strong. If I’m invited attend a meeting about the football side of the club, I’ll come.

“If it's not and it’s about marketing, anything else about the club, I don’t really get involved.”

Kean won just 21 of his 74 games in charge of Rovers, but that did include a 3-2 win at Manchester United on December 31 2011.

However, he doesn’t include that as the standout moment of his time in charge, adding: “I think staying up in my first year was the highlight of my time at Blackburn.

“Beating Manchester United at Old Trafford, and drawing with Liverpool at Anfield were big games, and brought in points at the right time.

“But staying up is probably the highlight because at one point we looked doomed.”

Kean took over the reins at Brunei 13 months after leaving Rovers, and admits it’s an experience he is thoroughly enjoying.

“I’m a better manager because I’m spending time doing to the things I think I’m good at - on the training ground, improving the team,” he said.

“We have a small population, and there’s only 23 professionals in the whole country, and that's our boys.

“We’ve got what we’ve got, so I’ve probably spent many hours really looking at the players and then building the system and the shape and the style of play around them.”

And he has no plans of leaving just yet.

“I've signed a contract for another two years,” Kean said.

“Provided we keep moving forward and keep expanding the club, I’m happy to stay.

“I never expected to be in Brunei in the first place, but football makes the world a small place.

“I’m enjoying it here but I don't have any target area. I don’t have any specific goal to get back to to the Premier League or to go to China or the MLS.

“I’ll just keep working and if opportunities come, you can say yes or you can decide to stay.”

Edited by Rover_Shaun

Vomit inducing. He's still trying to live off those two flukes

A career that includes being the party pooper on Alex Ferguson's 70th birthday, and being tasked with helping the Prince of Brunei's club "grow up", cannot be described as ordinary.

Steve Kean has gone from masterminding Blackburn Rovers' victory over Manchester United at Old Trafford on Ferguson's big day in 2011 to trying to turn Brunei DPMM into one of Southeast Asia's top teams.

As the Scot enters the fourth year of his tenure at Prince Al-Muhtadee Billah's club and approaches his 50th birthday in September, he can express great satisfaction with his achievements on the pitch, including the development of his local players.

Such atmospheres would have included the time his struggling Blackburn side went to Old Trafford and won 3-2 on Dec. 31, 2011, a week after claiming a 1-1 draw away to Liverpool.

Those two results were not enough to prevent Blackburn's relegation at the end of the 2011-12 season. However, Kean remains proud of his achievement in sparing Rovers from the drop after taking over from Sam Allardyce the previous year when victory at Wolves on the final day ensured their survival.

"I think staying up in my first year was the highlight of my time at Blackburn," said Kean. "Beating Manchester United at Old Trafford, and drawing with Liverpool at Anfield were big games, and brought in points at the right time. But staying up is probably the highlight because at one point we looked doomed."

4 hours ago, 1arC said:

I said that his quotes to a degree were quite apt as he wasn't qualified at certain things as the article suggested. He wasn't qualified as a manager, but as his agent was running the club, he was appointed. He wasn't qualified as a wages clerk, but we was handing out £500 per week in a brown envelope to Matt Hocking. He wasn't qualified as a public speaker, so resorted to lies when interviewed. And also said, he nearly qualified for a spell at her majesty's pleasure, as he purged himself in court, after being caught over the drink drive limit, using his mobile phone and speeding, all at the same time.

I suppose his views on a possible future 3rd strip could be useful!

Kean has lied again by implying that the results at Liverpool and Man Utd prevented relegation  -  these flukes both occurred in the relegation season. There is nothing that pile of s**t won't invent to make himself look better (than a pile of s**t). 

• Like 1

When Coyle is managing Brunei in a year or two as his reward for smashing Rovers a bit more his interviews will be popping up

" Yes we did the double drop to league 2 for the first time but i was being dragged into meetings about closing stands so it was distracting. There was the 2 wins over Newcastle United the former Fairs Cup winners though"

• Like 1

Rich Sharpe

I kindly request that you move heaven and earth to either :-

a.) get an interview with Pasha

b.) get a statement from the club on why he wont be interviewed and confirmation of his employment status at the club.

Andy

• Like 1

22 hours ago, AndyW said:

Rich Sharpe

I kindly request that you move heaven and earth to either :-

a.) get an interview with Pasha

b.) get a statement from the club on why he wont be interviewed and confirmation of his employment status at the club.

Andy

Rich Sharpe,

Any news ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...