BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers' mouth piece - the LT

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/17104589.lifelong-blackburn-rovers-fan-67-slapped-with-two-bus-lane-fines-in-five-minutes/?ref=mr&lp=1

The Bolton Road bus lane saga strikes again. Between them Rovers and their mates at the council seem to enjoy making it as difficult as possible to get to Ewood Park and away again afterwards. A completely ludicrous traffic system in place, insufficient parking for the big games, opening a campsite in the middle of a car park, allowing the occupants of that site to let the place go to ruin at significant cost to the taxpayer. On matchdays there are loads of council employed parking inspectors on patrol trying to make a few bob out of people attending Rovers games. Try to make money out of those who put something into the area by coming down and supporting their club rather than going after the deadweights dragging the area down.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17498888.a-bold-move-and-a-blessing-in-disguise-in-rovers-win/

"Those calls for Tony Mowbray's head this week looked pretty pathetic as our manager stood tall and proud in the wind, clad only in his usual smart sweater and slacks..."

It's all getting a bit Mills & Boon in Smith's head

?

Edited by blueboy3333

At two separate groups no less.

End of the day Mowbray’s received zero stick in the ground. 20+ years ago the grumblings he’s had on the Internet would have been elsewhere like the boozer or perhaps an angry letter to the LT letters page.

Was ever thus, but it has allowed Smith to resurrect his usual nonsense.

Any manager that delivers 6 defeats in 7 at any professional level is going to attract criticism and begin to have his position questioned or doubted. You've only to look at the stick Parkinson is getting at Bolton or Cook at Wigan where circumstances have arguably been far more difficult than they have here yet their fans are completely fed up with it. PNE lot were calling for Neil to go after the first few months of the season yet now are worrying about him being poached and Dingles were after potting Dyche before Xmas and no doubt will be again if they go down.

Welcome to the world of football!

If you can't handle criticism or questions about futures when plummeting down the division and losing every week you should probably go and watch another sport because I don't think any club in the top 4 or 5 leagues could go on a long losing run and not see stick towards the manager.

For some reason it is seen as 'loyal' or 'superior' to attack or ridicule anyone who expresses concern or doubt.

I haven't reached a stage where I've sought for Mowbray to go and hope I don't reach that stage any time soon, but I am going to criticise him when we perform as we have recently, and nor am I going to go round calling people pathetic who do have big doubts about him. Delighted we ended the run with a win on Tuesday but if we go on another 6 game losing streak the one looking daft will be Smith.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17498888.a-bold-move-and-a-blessing-in-disguise-in-rovers-win/

"Those calls for Tony Mowbray's head this week looked pretty pathetic as our manager stood tall and proud in the wind, clad only in his usual smart sweater and slacks..."

It's all getting a bit Mills & Boon in Smith's head

?

I won't give this pillock the satisfaction of reading his drivel but I bet he doesn't mention Mowbray publicly calling out players and being generally critical of the team. I find people like him put themselves on a pedestal and endeavour to take some moral high ground over us mere mortals.

Still if it wasn't for this website some of the 'bloggers' would struggle for material for their weekly diatribe.

• Like 3

We should all be ashamed of ourselves for showing concern at a mighty 1 point from 21 after not strengthening in the window and seeing us plummet down the league from being within touching distance of the playoffs, 7 points ahead of Preston, to now being 7 points behind them. We have basically switched positions with them.

• Like 2

Those who still back tony are citing his long term plan and that takes time. I totally understand that view point. The reason he has lost my backing is for the very same reason. This isn't a knee jerk reaction to a bad run. 

In mowbray we trust, well sorry but I just don't trust him long term to deliver for reasons said many times. 

He is in no man's land at the minute because only time will tell if he can successfully deliver his plans. It really is down to in mowbray we trust and it pains me to say it but I just don't trust him to deliver what he intends to achieve but let's get one thing straight, This isn't a knee jerk reaction to bad results. This is two years of full backing and assessing his managerial capabilities.

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Those who still back tony are citing his long term plan and that takes time. I totally understand that view point. The reason he has lost my backing is for the very same reason. This isn't a knee jerk reaction to a bad run. 

In mowbray we trust, well sorry but I just don't trust him long term to deliver for reasons said many times. 

He is in no man's land at the minute because only time will tell if he can successfully deliver his plans. It really is down to in mowbray we trust and it pains me to say it but I just don't trust him to deliver what he intends to achieve but let's get one thing straight, This isn't a knee jerk reaction to bad results. This is two years of full backing and assessing his managerial capabilities.

My thoughts also.

Fine lines again the guy will have been storing up his fan digs for a few weeks until we beat someone just before the cork is about to pop. Then fortunately for him he gets an excuse to get his ill thought out nonsense off his chest.

I think had we lost to Wigan his tune would've been completely different I doubt his inner concerns are any different to a whole lot of others but he seems to see himself as the clubs 'positive' PR man so he'll never express the reality of it he'll just stay in his bubble that keeps him in the LT.

Edited by tomphil

• Moderation Lead
28 minutes ago, deryck guyler's spoon said:

To be fair Rovers fans take some beating when it comes to being miserable.

I think people are just annoyed and frustrated because of what's gone on under Venky's and who can blame them?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I think people are just annoyed and frustrated because of what's gone on under Venky's and who can blame them?

Not me and TM has certainly drawn deeply on his well of good will since the start of December. Rovers fans,  as a collective, do love a good old moan though. Wasn't there a former player from way back who said Rovers supporters "aren't a crowd, they're a jury"?

Edited by deryck guyler's spoon
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, deryck guyler's spoon said:

Not me and TM has certainly drawn deeply on his well of good will since the start of December. Rovers fans,  as a collective, do love a good old moan though. Wasn't there a former player from way back who said Rovers supporters "aren't a crowd, they're a jury"?

Depends what you compare us to. Remember Salgado commenting on how pressure free playing for Rovers was compared to Real Madrid. Said we were far less judgemental.

• Moderation Lead
7 minutes ago, deryck guyler's spoon said:

I don't honestly think we are any different to any other set of fans in the world, to be fair.

I've no idea re the quote!

Just now, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Depends what you compare us to. Remember Salgado commenting on how pressure free playing for Rovers was compared to Real Madrid. Said we were far less judgemental.

I have an empty life and so try to fill it by lurking over other club's forums. We take some beating when it comes to belly aching.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, deryck guyler's spoon said:

Rovers supporters, as a collective are no different than fans of any club.

When I read posts like that its almost like there is public outcry against Mowbray. The vast majority who have been critical of the manager and players have done so quite constructively. Probably the biggest 'moaner' has been Mowbray himself who has criticised individual players and the team in general. Not on a fans website though but in the local newspaper.

14 minutes ago, deryck guyler's spoon said:

Wasn’t said player Tom Finney, shows how far back the moaning goes if true?

No it was Jimmy Armfield in his role of a commentator I think and no doubt said with a touch of humour.

I also remember Richard Dinnis in commentary at Middlesbrough saying their fans are known for turning on their players quicker than carousel or something like that. Doesn't really mean much in the grand scheme of things Preston fans have been noted for their misery when things aren't going well and Dingles are known to display anger in various guises !

It's football, fans live and breath it.

• Like 1