BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers' mouth piece - the LT

13 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

At two separate groups no less.

End of the day Mowbray’s received zero stick in the ground. 20+ years ago the grumblings he’s had on the Internet would have been elsewhere like the boozer or perhaps an angry letter to the LT letters page.

Was ever thus, but it has allowed Smith to resurrect his usual nonsense.

And as always, it only ever takes one win.

1 point in 21 prior to Tuesday... including a humbling by Brentford (FFS) and defeats by Rotherham and Reading who were both in the bottom threee at the time. We finally beat a bottom three team in our abysmal run since January and it’s all good again. We can lose another 6 now, no problem.

These types of fans are becoming caricatures of themselves.

23 minutes ago, Stuart said:

And as always, it only ever takes one win.

1 point in 21 prior to Tuesday... including a humbling by Brentford (FFS) and defeats by Rotherham and Reading who were both in the bottom threee at the time. We finally beat a bottom three team in our abysmal run since January and it’s all good again. We can lose another 6 now, no problem.

These types of fans are becoming caricatures of themselves.

"These types of fans"?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Who's Derekkkk ?

It's a terrible user name but one I'm stuck with. Deryck Guyler was a comic actor from 60s and 70s sitcoms. I once had a drunken disagreement with someone as to whether or not he was also an accomplished spoon player. Apparently he wasn't. Not the first or last time I was to be proved wrong.

Edited by deryck guyler's spoon

10 minutes ago, deryck guyler's spoon said:

It's a terrible user name but one I'm stuck with. Deryck Guyler was a comic actor from 60s and 70s sitcoms. I once had a drunken disagreement with someone as to whether or not he was also an accomplished spoon player. Apparently he wasn't. Not the first or last time as was to be proved wrong.

You haven't seen the advert on British tv then ?  

Cheers for the explanation I did wonder where it came from I've heard the name but couldn't place it.

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

You haven't seen the advert on British tv then ?  

Cheers for the explanation I did wonder where it came from I've heard the name but couldn't place it.

Last time I was home was in January so I'm a bit behind UK tv. Is 'Dinner Date' still on?

6 hours ago, deryck guyler's spoon said:

It's a terrible user name but one I'm stuck with. Deryck Guyler was a comic actor from 60s and 70s sitcoms. I once had a drunken disagreement with someone as to whether or not he was also an accomplished spoon player. Apparently he wasn't. Not the first or last time I was to be proved wrong.

Ha, Beer is just the best.

7 hours ago, deryck guyler's spoon said:

You're quite the provocateur (some might suggest troll) but then don't seem to want to engage when you provoke a response.

No, you ignore other posts of the same opinion and jump on me. For instance, I’ve just pointed out to you that my post was in response to another post. You’ve ignored that and pressed ahead with your personal vendetta, simply because you don’t like me.

I’ll happily debate with 95% of the folks on this board but not you.

7 hours ago, deryck guyler's spoon said:

You're not totally stuck with it, we can change it to whatever you like.

• Moderation Lead

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/17514931.fans-verdict-on-rovers-predicament-with-eight-games-left/

Have to admit, it's nice of the LT to ask a real question for a change! Even if one of their fans on the jury doesn't answer the question....

Edited by K-Hod

On 15/03/2019 at 00:10, deryck guyler's spoon said:

Not the spoons, but the washboard, this is from Pebble Mill (apparently presented by Charlie Nichoas) surreal!

• Moderation Lead
2 minutes ago, Biz said:

What, not be racist?

Don't be obtuse, you know that isn't what I meant! The bit below is the bit in question: 

'I’m not excusing a poor game by Derrick Williams but I am reiterating that, as fans, our passion is best served positively rather than negatively. Moan in the pub, cafe or living room. Not hiding behind a keyboard. These individuals, and I use the plural ‘individuals’ badly, rarely make these comments without looking to those around them for confirmation of their prejudices. They seek assurance that they are right because they don’t really believe it; they are ‘individual’ in that they are not representative.'

Now, people live their lives online these days, so it stands to reason they will express how they fell in such a way. Why is Simon Smith making us try to swim against the stream? Of course, it's totally okay for him to write articles containing his views which are published online though.....

Edited by K-Hod