BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QPR game

Mercer

We probably need to double our points tally from 10 less games than we've played. Can't afford many slip ups as we've played more home games so tomorrow s a huge game for us. We'll probably win to keep the wolf from the door for a few weeks.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, McClarky said:

We probably need to double our points tally from 10 less games than we've played. Can't afford many slip ups as we've played more home games so tomorrow s a huge game for us. We'll probably win to keep the wolf from the door for a few weeks.

It's what's called a 6 pointer.....we need 6 points.

5 hours ago, Mercerman said:

We have a 'must win' league game in a little over 24 hours and no match thread - incredible - so here we go !

As in recent posts, I believe if we can get Hoban back before too long and keep the likes of Mulgrew, Gallagher, Graham and Bennett fit, we will just about be okay despite our manager.

QPR  make their second trip inside four days to their perceived 'frozen north' and it will be all too much for the southern fancy dans so I'm backing Coyley's lads to pocket the three points at 7/5 by a 3-1 scoreline at 20/1. 

Oh is that who we are playing next?

Couldn't care less about tomorrow's game, if anyone wants my season ticket feel free to take it off my hands for the day. Off to Salford City vs AFC Flyde. Top of the league clash, my dad fancied another trip over as we went to watch a game there a couple of months ago and quite enjoyed it. Looking forward to it more than I would be if I was going to Ewood tomorrow!!

The boasting some folk are doing about going to watch other teams is very odd to me I have to say, I'm not going to Ewood tomorrow but I wouldn't even think about going to watch someone else.

I honestly wonder if this is normal and if fans of other teams do this as for me it's Rovers or nothing.

4 hours ago, Gav said:

WELL THAT EXPLAINS IT :P

I'm up later, may see you for a swift one if you're around.

Ps - Rovers 1 QPR 1 and Coyle saying "We could have won that ZZZZzzzzz" 

Sorry Gav but I am off to see the Halle Classics at King George's Hall.

i just realised it is a home game!!   Should have known as I have already done QPR away.  Still off to to Chorley v Darlo.

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

The boasting some folk are doing about going to watch other teams is very odd to me I have to say, I'm not going to Ewood tomorrow but I wouldn't even think about going to watch someone else.

I honestly wonder if this is normal and if fans of other teams do this as for me it's Rovers or nothing.

I went on Chorley on a regular basis (and of course Rovers) when I was a lad, my Brother played in goal for them at the same time as Micky Walsh and a Paul Mariner.  The atmosphere is excellent. 

32 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Rugby League is a different code and they normally play on a Sunday. My team is run as a Co-op, we have regular members meetings. Directors have to stand regularly for election. If I wanted to stand for the board I could easily do so. Deep pockets are not required. My wife was a director for the last few years.  Democracy in action. Also it works, after years in the doldrums we've had two promotions in the last few years.

A total opposite to what is going on at Blackburn Rovers currently.

I'd move the loanee up front rather than on the wing. Now that pittance is fit again, I'd drop the freebie back to centre half

I'd either drop the youth team player back to right back or drop him completely. 

Hope new loanee doesn't start as he looked awful on Wednesday.

• Mike E pinned this topic
3 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

I went to Brigg once. Albeit to see Salford City too whom my friend is linked with. It was very enjoyable. Like a football version of a cricket club.

Just now, Irishrover213 said:

Hoping for a win tomorrow would settle for a draw. Hope coyle goes with Conway on the wing and Gallagher up front with Graham. Hopefully Evans is back anyone know ? 

Will be on 10am flight in the morning. Looking forward to first game of New year 

We can't be settling for draws now. We'll be needing snookers soon. Safe journey over.

4 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

I'm not boasting about going to Clitheroe. We live in Clitheroe. Have done for over 30 years. We've always gone when there isn't a Rovers game. Now we're just going even if Rovers are playing. We'd rather be back at Rovers but won't go under Venkys. 

I'm not boasting. This is only the second time I've missed a league game at Ewood this season, this is just a different kind of day out and a few beers and actually enjoying a good honest game of football for once! 

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Steele

Lowe Greer Mulgrew Williams

Bennett Guthrie Lenihan Conway

Emnes

Graham

Subs: Raya, Brown, Akpan, Feeney, Mahoney, Joao, Gallagher

No Gallagher on the wing, no Nyambe, Conway and Emnes back in, Mulgrew and Lenihan in their natural positions.

It's absolutely tragic that Lowe is our "best" right back.

Coyle/Senior should have been addressing this position as an absolute priority in the January window, it's a joke that we don't have a natural first team right back.

Boasting really, one of my best memorys (apart from being at anfield on that day) was Chorley at ewood park playing in the FA cup 0-0 vs Preston, my ground and my home town team.

I'd love to be at ewood tomorrow supporting an honest club and team trying their best for the town and the supporters. Instead we have the invisible man, the invisible owners and captain bull crap sailing the ship. I'm angry and upset but I'm not going and I'm absolutly not bloody boasting.

One day we will get this club back then we can return to normal.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

my team

Raya Nyambe Brown Lenihan Williams Feeney Guthrie Mulgrew Bennett Gallagher Graham

Subs:-

Steele Greer Conway Lowe Mahoney Emnes Joao

going for 2-1 Rovers win

i hope you are right chaddy, did you see QPR the other night on TV. Nothing like the team we beat in the FA cup, I hope we win but can't see it.

Archived