BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] QPR game

Mercer

5 minutes ago, chor808 said:

Boasting really, one of my best memorys (apart from being at anfield on that day) was Chorley at ewood park playing in the FA cup 0-0 vs Preston, my ground and my home town team.

I'd love to be at ewood tomorrow supporting an honest club and team trying their best for the town and the supporters. Instead we have the invisible man, the invisible owners and captain bull crap sailing the ship. I'm angry and upset but I'm not going and I'm absolutly not bloody boasting.

One day we will get this club back then we can return to normal.

I hope so too.

I have no problem with people boycotting or whatever, you have to admit it seems as though some on here can't wait to tell us they are off to watch someone else instead of going Ewood.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, MarkBRFC said:

I hope so too.

I have no problem with people boycotting or whatever, you have to admit it seems as though some on here can't wait to tell us they are off to watch someone else instead of going Ewood.

I think they would all want to be at Ewood deep down. People are so fed up they may come across the wrong way. I can't imagine anyone is boasting to you or I, maybe it is a way of expressing ther frustration about the club/situation.

Strangely agree with Mercer and believe we will win this game. No logic behind that at all, just that we do win the odd one here and there. Plus I've never really liked QPR. No logical reasoning behind that either. Rovers 2 - QPR 0. Nothing logical about us keeping a clean sheet. Lowe to get both goals. Putting £17.87 on at 66/1. Pulling a few hundred sheets later tomorrow and will celebrate with a nice dry white and Scampi Fries. Eeeeiiiieeeiiieeeiiiiooooo....up the

16 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

The last time we played QPR while in a desperate bid to avoid relegation to the third tier, two fans invaded the pitch during play and one of them booted Phil Parkes, the QPR goalie, in the nuts.

Just sayin'

I knew one of them.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

my team

Raya Nyambe Brown Lenihan Williams Feeney Guthrie Mulgrew Bennett Gallagher Graham

Subs:-

Steele Greer Conway Lowe Mahoney Emnes Joao

going for 2-1 Rovers win

Hope you're right Chaddy.  hopefully I check my phone at 5pm tomorrow and see a Rovers win. We tend to do well against QPR at Ewood in recent years if memory serves me correct, we even managed to beat them at home when we got relegated in 2012. 3-0 up and just about got home winning 3-2!! They seem a revitalised side in the last few weeks, so it'll be a tough game tomorrow. If Mulgrew see's out the 90 minutes then I could maybe see us getting a win, that guy has been our best player by a country mile this season. Who knows where he'd be playing if he hadn't suffered so badly with injuries, top pro. 

7 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

The boasting some folk are doing about going to watch other teams is very odd to me I have to say, I'm not going to Ewood tomorrow but I wouldn't even think about going to watch someone else.

I honestly wonder if this is normal and if fans of other teams do this as for me it's Rovers or nothing.

Well said. Couldn't agree more it's utterly bizarre.

To me it seems like an extension of the phenomenon I highlighted on here last weekend whereby people are trying to outdo themselves with how much they dislike the Club and the owners. In this instance people are falling over themselves to boast about what they're doing as an alternative to going to the game. The feebler the alternative the better it seems as that makes them sound a better boycotted than the next person. 

As for the game, couldn't be more crucial. Last chance saloon for us I think, fail to win and I can't see how we can stay up. If I had to bet on it I'd say it'd follow the recent pattern and be a draw which isn't good enough for us.

1 hour ago, onlyonejackwalker said:

Strangely agree with Mercer and believe we will win this game. No logic behind that at all, just that we do win the odd one here and there. Plus I've never really liked QPR. No logical reasoning behind that either. Rovers 2 - QPR 0. Nothing logical about us keeping a clean sheet. Lowe to get both goals. Putting £17.87 on at 66/1. Pulling a few hundred sheets later tomorrow and will celebrate with a nice dry white and Scampi Fries. Eeeeiiiieeeiiieeeiiiiooooo....up the

Bloody hell. I'd want 200/1 for Lowe to score one.change your bookie.interesting stake amount...did you just empty your piggy bank?

Can't see anything other than our usual game.  Couple or three schoolboy errors, couple of goals for us 2-3 or 2-4, Coyle breaking out the standard garbage, individual errors, shot ourselves in the  foot.  Bloody hell that foot  shooting gun should have been out of bullets some time ago. 

9 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We can't be settling for draws now. We'll be needing snookers soon. Safe journey over.

Thanks Tyrone. I still think we will end up needing them anyway all games are now must win. However in coyles mind he thinks once we get to 80 mines were home and it doesn't work like that.

See yas over there 

6 hours ago, onlyonejackwalker said:

4 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

To me it seems like an extension of the phenomenon I highlighted on here last weekend whereby people are trying to outdo themselves with how much they dislike the Club and the owners. In this instance people are falling over themselves to boast about what they're doing as an alternative to going to the game. The feebler the alternative the better it seems as that makes them sound a better boycotted than the next person. 

As for the game, couldn't be more crucial. Last chance saloon for us I think, fail to win and I can't see how we can stay up. If I had to bet on it I'd say it'd follow the recent pattern and be a draw which isn't good enough for us.

You mean we shouldn't dislike the owners ? OK, fair enough.

I think we will win also, Coyle follows a very similar pattern to Kean. He loses 3 or 4 games and you think "surely he has to go? this is embarrassing" then we scrape a win

and we are then told that this is the game when we turn the corner, and then.........well you know the rest.

6 hours ago, johnradfordsubbuteo said:

Bloody hell. I'd want 200/1 for Lowe to score one.change your bookie.interesting stake amount...did you just empty your piggy bank?

I was joking jrs. Mercer always wins on Rovers and spends it on wine. No idea what the odds would be for Lowe to score two. Long for sure.

7 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

As in many other ways, I don't get you and you don't get me. It's not about being better than others. I like watching live sport. I'd like to be watching a team at Ewood that in any way resembled the team I've watched for 20 odd years. Apart from the fact there are 11 of them moving around the pitch in blue and white shirts I can't really see a resemblance. But I like going to games. I live in Clitheroe. I've gone to games on and off when I could ie I wasn't at a Rovers match home or away. Now I just go a bit more often, as and when I feel like it. I don't put myself out for it as I used to do for Rovers where fixtures went in the diary and everything else had to revolve around it. I just go and watch guys whose names I don't know play football in my town. My money matters to them. If they get 300 on its a decent crowd. I can have a drink whilst watching. It's a social occasion as there are always folks I know there. Would I exchange it for Rovers? Of course I would, but at the moment I can't see any enjoyment or pleasure at Ewood Park. I can't see what attending achieves. It puts me in a bad mood. Last season even if Rovers won, I found myself feeling gloomy.  I can watch Clitheroe because I don't actually care about them. It's nice when they win, but they are not my passion. Rovers are and I find I just can't watch them any more.

Just now, gumboots said:

As in many other ways, I don't get you and you don't get me. It's not about being better than others. I like watching live sport. I'd like to be watching a team at Ewood that in any way resembled the team I've watched for 20 odd years. Apart from the fact there are 11 of them moving around the pitch in blue and white shirts I can't really see a resemblance. But I like going to games. I live in Clitheroe. I've gone to games on and off when I could ie I wasn't at a Rovers match home or away. Now I just go a bit more often, as and when I feel like it. I don't put myself out for it as I used to do for Rovers where fixtures went in the diary and everything else had to revolve around it. I just go and watch guys whose names I don't know play football in my town. My money matters to them. If they get 300 on its a decent crowd. I can have a drink whilst watching. It's a social occasion as there are always folks I know there. Would I exchange it for Rovers? Of course I would, but at the moment I can't see any enjoyment or pleasure at Ewood Park. I can't see what attending achieves. It puts me in a bad mood. Last season even if Rovers won, I found myself feeling gloomy.  I can watch Clitheroe because I don't actually care about them. It's nice when they win, but they are not my passion. Rovers are and I find I just can't watch them any more.

Many of us get it Gumboots. Most things are more enjoyable than being totally disrespected down at the Rovers. Supporting thieving, lying, malpractice and injustice takes some doing. Credit to those still able to do so but for me there is no pleasure, enjoyment or satisfaction being taken for a fool.

8 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

The last time we played QPR while in a desperate bid to avoid relegation to the third tier, two fans invaded the pitch during play and one of them booted Phil Parkes, the QPR goalie, in the nuts.

Just sayin'

8 hours ago, rigger said:

I knew one of them.

You knew one of Phil Parke's nuts?

9 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Just sayin'

That was the game a few of us from Darwen were sat on the wall at the front of the Riverside. I fell off backwards, hit the terracing with the back of my head and suffered concussion. Was carried off by a copper and spent the rest of the game deep in the bowels of the Nuttall Street Stand. I missed Phil Parkes being kicked in the nuts and, if I remember correctly, we were beaten 1-0.

Archived