BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Association Faces vote of No Confidence

Just now, Mike E said:

Do you mind not doing that, Andy? Makes the thread awkward to scroll through.

Mike

I didnt do it on purpose

if at all

dunno what happenned and appreciate if you can clean it up please.

I only wanted Burnley Bob wanted for crimes against BRFC

was a technical glitch with either the site or my operation of my phone

• Backroom
10 hours ago, AndyW said:

Mike

I didnt do it on purpose

if at all

dunno what happenned and appreciate if you can clean it up please.

I only wanted Burnley Bob wanted for crimes against BRFC

was a technical glitch with either the site or my operation of my phone

No problem :)

On ‎07‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 11:42 AM, cmb211087 said:

VoteFootball have a very easy way to contact your MP and ask them to attend this debate.

http://votefootball.org/Campaign/FA-reform-debate

Just click take part and fill in the required details.

I have an email reply from Graham Jones MP.

FA reform debate (Case Ref: GR17279)

Graham Jones MP <graham.jones.mp@parliament.uk> Dear Alan Thank you for contacting me regarding the debate in Parliament about the FA. As a long-standing critic of the FA and football corruption, I welcome the Culture, Media and Sport Select Commit

Today at 11:53
Dear Alan

Thank you for contacting me regarding the debate in Parliament about the FA.

As a long-standing critic of the FA and football corruption, I welcome the Culture, Media and Sport Select Committee’s securing of this debate.

Parliament is long overdue the opportunity to properly scrutinise this organisation’s work. In October, I launched an Early Day Motion, after an investigation revealed the widespread use of ‘bungs’ in player transfers. It expressed concern about the conduct of the former England Manager, the continued lack of transparency in football, and the widespread nature of improper transfer activity: https://www.parliament.uk/edm/2016-17/611.

The Early Day Motion also raised concerns about problems with football governance and the failure of the FA to implement its ‘fit and proper persons test’ – a topic which I have written about for the Football Supporters’ Trust: http://www.fsf.org.uk/blog/view/mp-calls-for-government-to-clean-up-game-edm-nov-2016.

In the article, I raised the issues with my own club, Blackburn Rovers. Blackburn continues to be subject to terrible financial mismanagement by Venky’s – in contravention of FA rules. In 2014, I campaigned with fellow Blackburn fans against the secrecy of the club’s ownership and decision-making, standing in the freezing cold during a 24-hour protest. The concerns which I raised then – of financial mismanagement and a lack of communication between the owners and fans – persist today. In March 2016, the club’s financial results revealed debts of £104.2 million. Indeed, more clubs than ever are presiding over a lack of transparency and a lack of consideration for their fans’ views, across the country.

We, as supporters, can no longer sit by and wait for the FA to reform and I am glad that MPs will finally have the opportunity to press the Government on taking much-needed measures to force the FA to reform. The FA continues to fail to meet government guidance on best practice for sports governance, as the Government fears taking on its vested interests. Labour, by contrast, has committed to transforming football ownership, including implementing a requirement that supporters form a single accredited trust which, among other powers, could appoint and remove a quarter of the club’s board of directors and purchase 10% of the club’s shares when a club changes ownership.

I intend to raise these concerns during the debate on Thursday 9 February. The FA can no longer remain a cosy old-boys club, more interested in serving itself than the people who are the true lifeblood of football: its supporters. It needs immediate and radical reform.

Thank you for getting in touch to share your thoughts.

Best wishes
Graham

Graham Jones MP
50 Abbey Street
Accrington
BB5 1EE
Tel: 01254 382283

1 hour ago, Al said:

I have an email reply from Graham Jones MP.

FA reform debate (Case Ref: GR17279)

Graham Jones MP <graham.jones.mp@parliament.uk> Dear Alan Thank you for contacting me regarding the debate in Parliament about the FA. As a long-standing critic of the FA and football corruption, I welcome the Culture, Media and Sport Select Commit

Today at 11:53
Dear Alan

Thank you for contacting me regarding the debate in Parliament about the FA.

As a long-standing critic of the FA and football corruption, I welcome the Culture, Media and Sport Select Committee’s securing of this debate.

Parliament is long overdue the opportunity to properly scrutinise this organisation’s work. In October, I launched an Early Day Motion, after an investigation revealed the widespread use of ‘bungs’ in player transfers. It expressed concern about the conduct of the former England Manager, the continued lack of transparency in football, and the widespread nature of improper transfer activity: https://www.parliament.uk/edm/2016-17/611.

The Early Day Motion also raised concerns about problems with football governance and the failure of the FA to implement its ‘fit and proper persons test’ – a topic which I have written about for the Football Supporters’ Trust: http://www.fsf.org.uk/blog/view/mp-calls-for-government-to-clean-up-game-edm-nov-2016.

In the article, I raised the issues with my own club, Blackburn Rovers. Blackburn continues to be subject to terrible financial mismanagement by Venky’s – in contravention of FA rules. In 2014, I campaigned with fellow Blackburn fans against the secrecy of the club’s ownership and decision-making, standing in the freezing cold during a 24-hour protest. The concerns which I raised then – of financial mismanagement and a lack of communication between the owners and fans – persist today. In March 2016, the club’s financial results revealed debts of £104.2 million. Indeed, more clubs than ever are presiding over a lack of transparency and a lack of consideration for their fans’ views, across the country.

We, as supporters, can no longer sit by and wait for the FA to reform and I am glad that MPs will finally have the opportunity to press the Government on taking much-needed measures to force the FA to reform. The FA continues to fail to meet government guidance on best practice for sports governance, as the Government fears taking on its vested interests. Labour, by contrast, has committed to transforming football ownership, including implementing a requirement that supporters form a single accredited trust which, among other powers, could appoint and remove a quarter of the club’s board of directors and purchase 10% of the club’s shares when a club changes ownership.

I intend to raise these concerns during the debate on Thursday 9 February. The FA can no longer remain a cosy old-boys club, more interested in serving itself than the people who are the true lifeblood of football: its supporters. It needs immediate and radical reform.

Thank you for getting in touch to share your thoughts.

Best wishes
Graham

Graham Jones MP
50 Abbey Street
Accrington
BB5 1EE
Tel: 01254 382283

Just sent it, but my local MP that came up when entering post code is Nigel Evans, will not be holding my breath for a reply!

Just now, funny-old-game said:

Just sent it, but my local MP that came up when entering post code is Nigel Evans, do not holding my breath for a reply!

Same here, I do not recall Mr Evans saying a lot about our plight.

Absolutely nothing will change, there is no desire to change.

The FA council currently has an average age of 63, with only 4 female members, 2 players (both in their 70's) and 6 members from BME communities. Considering diversity was one of the FA's biggest campaign pledges in recent times these figures should give an indication of what sort of change to expect.

Just now, 1arC said:

He will be cone election time.

He used to come in Whalley Con club once every four years and apologise for not being able to buy us a drink because of the impending general election.

Governance of the FA debate going on now on the Parliament channel.

Coventry MP just hammered their owners, Graham Jones actually is in the debate, good effort.

MP for Colne Valley just mentioned us, Udders fan, Jason McCartney.

Well if anything comes of this, I've got a few dominos pizza vouchers that I wont use, unfortunately not Free meals, but some good savings. So if the FA gravy train does come to a halt, Burnley Bob give me a ring and I will send them you , will certainly help Mrs Burnley Bob with the increased food bills

Archived