BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Raise a red card to the Raos

EwoodDawn

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://theconversation.com/how-blackburn-rovers-fans-could-use-man-utd-to-help-dislodge-their-unpopular-indian-owners-72606

I came across this article and the intetesting bit on social media in India, ManUre etc. I dont do Twitter myself but it caught my attention. I think the article has got mixed up a bit on the actual protest planned for tomorrow.

Just now, bob fleming said:

Didn't they say why waste your time instead? Won't it look pitiful and such like?

Good on them.

No, which surprised me actually, they seemed interested and can't believe how far we have fallen

Sunday 19th February

Blackburn Rovers vs. Manchester United

#VenkysOut

“Show Your Red to the RAOS”

Blackburn Rovers welcome Manchester United to Ewood Park, a fixture in which pre-Venkys’s had the hallmarks of a classic with many fans from both sides able to tell you a story of a game they’d seen between the sides. Six years ago (November 2011) Indian poultry company Venky’s acquired Blackburn Rovers in a twenty three million pounds deal , plus the existing debt of twenty one million which at the time was the 15th lowest in the Premier League supporting 4 out of the last 5 seasons in the league with 10th Placed or higher finishes including European campaigns.

Since there disastrous takeover consulted and aided by Jerome Anderson and Kentaro the club has spiralled more than 30 league places amassing a debt of over 105 million pounds. To continue our fight to rid the club of Venkys and their associates we urge anyone going to the game tomorrow to raise your red card to the Rao family respectfully in the 18th and 75th minute of the game. Copies of red cards will be distributed prior to the game around the ground whilst smartphones can be used by searching for the red card app in most app locations.

Please take the time to also visit www.venkysout.com and post your tweet with a hashtag of #VenkysOut

An article of interest which briefly explains allot of the unknowns and rumours can be found here including leaked documents: https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/misery-at-blackburn-rovers-leaked-documents-reveal-harrowing-details-of-the-indian-rule-at-riverside

SHARE WHERE YOU CAN FOLKS

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Will you be joining in ? 

Id like to think that those who still get behind the lads will give it a try as there is nothing lost 

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

On ‎12‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 3:24 PM, Bigdoggsteel said:

I am just hoping that all fans unite behind the protest and it isn't diluted by attacks on Coyle. The utd game is a great opportunity for the fans to show they all know who the real problem at this club is. 

Come clean. Are you really Owen Coyle?

Red cards are available at most local Ewood pubs. Uncle Jacks, Fox and Hounds, Golden Cup, Brown Cow, Black Bull and Havelock. 

They will also be distributed outside the game and on concourses. If you are planning on protesting take a hand full and offer them around. 

As Rovers fan, David, pointed out on Talksport yesterday, many of us think the Roas are not alone in being to blame for the horrible state our club is in. But by joining in this simple action, media attention could be maintained, which can only assist in bringing about further discussions regarding what has really happened to BRFC. If you don’t manage to collect a paper one around the ground tomorrow, there’s always this: http://appcrawlr.com/ios/redcard

• Mike E pinned this topic

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4238742/Blackburn-left-die-FA-Venky-s.html

Left to die.

£27m spent on players

Bought Rovers for £23m

£75m received in player sales

£48m received in parachute payments

£123m in debt owed to the Bank of India

£200k spent on players in the last FOUR transfer windows

You can do the sums.

Those of us going today, are we all on board with this? Hold a red card up for 60 seconds on the 18th and 75th minute. Download the RecCard app, it's free. It won't kill you to do it, you might feel better for doing it. 

In between those times you can scream and shout for the team, in fact you can scream and shout and hold up something red at the same time. I know cause I've just tried it. Yes it is possible.

Just now, bob fleming said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4238742/Blackburn-left-die-FA-Venky-s.html

Left to die.

£27m spent on players

Bought Rovers for £23m

£75m received in player sales

£48m received in parachute payments

£123m in debt owed to the Bank of India

£200k spent on players in the last FOUR transfer windows

You can do the sums.

Those of us going today, are we all on board with this? Hold a red card up for 60 seconds on the 18th and 75th minute. Download the RecCard app, it's free. It won't kill you to do it, you might feel better for doing it. 

In between those times you can scream and shout for the team, in fact you can scream and shout and hold up something red at the same time. I know cause I've just tried it. Yes it is possible.

And if you don't have a smart phone, physical red cards are being handed out outside the match and are also available at most local pubs. 

Just now, michaelscarn said:

If you still have what it takes to be going on today it makes no sense at all not to give this a try .... if you can't even give this a try you can only be happy with what's going on 

parson meadows rev blue chaddy are you listening

Just now, blue kiwi said:

parson meadows rev blue chaddy are you listening

I gave getting behind the lads a go .... under kean berg Appleton gaz .... no joy I admit it , after 25 years I got ground down , forced out . 

It's not asking a lot , no football is going to get missed . Are you going to give this a try ? 

Archived