SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Owl in peace

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Lol. Not that you're obsessed with him or anything........

One goal in two for him and six points out of six for them. Not too shabby a start is it? 

One in three to be fair, and again to be fair to Den you can gaurantee if he scored last night the board would be full of 'does nothing that Rhodes' type posts.

End of the day he's gone onto better things and will be better off in his career than the club he left 

I made the 4 hour trip there and a long 4 hour trip home for this game. My honest view on the game -

i thought we had good possession of the ball in large parts of the game compared to Wednesday but we lack that real quality to do anything with it. Wednesday didn't really do anything yet came away with the 3 points which is alarming. Both there goals came from set pieces, the first goal was shocking marking ( or lack of I should say) , wasn't a rovers players in sight near him. Mahoney is wasted out wide on the right when he only has a left foot (and 1 skill). He's a weak player for me and if he is to be used then stick him on the left where he can use his left to deliver. we look unfit, graham couldn't run in the last half hour which was frustrating as we got in good positions in the final 3rd but he didn't have any legs to make any runs or movement, although saying that I noticed none of our midfielders made runs beyond in behind graham to create space or be that other option. The midfield lacks any real footballing brains, our best player by a mile is mulgrew, if only we had 2 or 3 of him. He's comfortable on the ball, good in the air, can read a game and can pass a football. I personally think we need him in midfield to make things happen and dictate games, I honestly think wes brown has the experience to get away with playing for us at the back to allow mulgrew to play centre mid. A few tweaks here and there and it could click. I have noticed it looks like coyle has got players comfortable on the ball and making passes, the only problem is there side way passes and backward passes, its passes for the sake of it rather than any real idea as to what there doing with the ball. I say I think a couple tweaks here and there could see fortunes turn but coyles got to see it himself which he isn't. 

Like the fans chanted yesterday 'Owen coyle  you're sending us down'. Open you're eyes pal and start doing you're job!

3 hours ago, broadsword said:

No point having this conversation.

a) Coyle won't get sacked

b.) If they sacked him, they'd appoint some other serial loser/ gimp/ BS merchant

c) It gives everyone false hope. Like talk of a potential takeover, but not quite as bad. Let's face it, we're on a one-way ticket to the conference, everything else is just details. Why are we even bothering any more

d) Fat Barry wears support tights and smells of Camenbert

e) Owen Coyle likes to dress up like a monkey in bellboy gear and bang a little drum whilst riding a tricycle as his missus feeds him bonio treats and donuts

Spot on a-e!

Just had a look at the highlights in super slo-mo in a video editing program.

Goal line technology would have shown Emnes' shot clearly a yard over the line. Also what would have been the winner from Akpan clearly hit his chest.

- Yours sincerely Coylio's PA.

6 hours ago, den said:

:lol:  my mate Joa, Gav?

Jordan's scored one goal this season Gav, while rovers have scored goals for fun since we lost his "input".

just taking my chance here Gav, cause if he had scored, his fans would have been everywhere today. £9m my backside :)

He scored on his debut having been sat on the bench for 12 months, the Wednesday fans are over the moon to have him on board.

We've basically swapped Joao for Rhodes and fat barry has pocketed the loot, nobody is happy about that surely.....

Incidentally Wednesdays worst home performance of the season by all accounts and we still can't manage a point.

54 minutes ago, Gav said:

He scored on his debut having been sat on the bench for 12 months, the Wednesday fans are over the moon to have him on board.

We've basically swapped Joao for Rhodes and fat barry has pocketed the loot, nobody is happy about that surely.....

Incidentally Wednesdays worst home performance of the season by all accounts and we still can't manage a point.

Fat Baz probably got the 1.3million from Rochina's sell on too.

He must have massive pockets.

Just now, den said:

We've done no such thing.

Our business with Wednesday would suggest we have, we're a worse team without Rhodes and we're heading to league 1 because we sold him, goals win games.

He saved us once, he can't do it again.

Just now, Gav said:

Our business with Wednesday would suggest we have, we're a worse team without Rhodes and we're heading to league 1 because we sold him, goals win games.

We're not going down because we can't score goals. We're going down because we can't stop conceding goals. If you think Rhodes would have made a difference in that equation you're fooling yourself.

Just now, Gav said:

I wish he was still with us Gav but we've more problems in the team / club than Jordan Rhodes. We'll continue to filch goals here and there even if the opposition does it for us but unlessl Coyle can get the defence right we're going down.

Just now, Gav said:

We sold Rhodes to Borough Gav, not Wednesday. Rhodes was replaced in the side by Graham. after we sold Rhodes we actually scored more goals. We're heading to league 1 because the club has sold just about anyone of value.

youre obviously angry about lots of things, as we all are - but you're wrong about all of the above. I don't want to argue any more with you Gav - and I won't.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We're not going down because we can't score goals. We're going down because we can't stop conceding goals. If you think Rhodes would have made a difference in that equation you're fooling yourself.

Totally agree. We've lacked 2 bullying centre halves and a dominant keeper ever since we were relegated. oh for Jones, Macnamee, Faz or Keeley !

Just now, darrenrover said:

Totally agree. We've lacked 2 bullying centre halves and a dominant keeper ever since we were relegated. oh for Jones, Macnamee, Faz or Keeley !

A year ago, Hanley and Duffy weren't bad centre backs at this level to be fair, but they've gone too. First job for a manager when building a team is a good dependable keeper and a big stopper centre half - Coyle hasn't tackled either of these flaws in the team.

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Well anyone with half a brain knows we should have kept Hanley and more importantly Duffy Ts, but den was taking pot shots at Rhodes which couldn't go unchallenged. 

Just now, den said:

We sold Rhodes to Borough Gav, not Wednesday. Rhodes was replaced in the side by Graham. after we sold Rhodes we actually scored more goals. We're heading to league 1 because the club has sold just about anyone of value.

youre obviously angry about lots of things, as we all are - but you're wrong about all of the above. I don't want to argue any more with you Gav - and I won't.

Danny Graham can't lace Rhodes boots, come on den he's a bang average journeyman.

Just now, Gav said:

Danny Graham can't lace Rhodes boots, come on den he's a bang average journeyman.

I'm wanting to let this go Gav, but.........

Graham is a far superior footballer who has the ability to score goals, he holds the ball up well and can bring other players into the game. Last season I thought he was excellent. This season he's looked - and probably is - unfit, for whatever reason. He's one of the reasons why we've scored more goals as a team than we did with Rhodes. A lot of his fans said that wouldn't happen, but it did. He's done well for us and cost nothing. Plus, he's played in the PL, was Swanseas top goal scorer in that league and won their POTY. If he's a bang average journeyman, what does that make Rhodes Gav? 

But, yes, Alan Shearer he isn't.

anyway, feel free to have the last word. Hopefully I'm done.

• Backroom

You have to say Rhodes is a fantastic human. There's a picture on twitter going around today of a letter he wrote to a young Boro fan that wrote to him.

He apologies for leaving and explains why he had to and that he loved his time there then asks about the boys brother and says he remembered him.

Top bloke 

7 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Well, we've had to replace those goals with two players instead of one so that's one less player in midfield.

Amazing that Rhodes still gets stick from Rovers fans. Impeccable record, impeccable professionalism. A limited player but did his main job extremely well, and got slated for not being a PL standard player... in the Championship. :wacko:

Archived