BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jordan Rhodes

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's scoring goals for Wednesday in the Championship aiming for the Premier League and we're bumming around struggling to make the top 6 in the third division. Plenty suggesting he hasn't done so well out of moving on from Rovers but I'd sooner be in his position than ours at the moment.

12 hours ago, JHRover said:

He's scoring goals for Wednesday in the Championship aiming for the Premier League and we're bumming around struggling to make the top 6 in the third division. Plenty suggesting he hasn't done so well out of moving on from Rovers but I'd sooner be in his position than ours at the moment.

No he isn't.  He has hardly featured and now he happens to had a couple recently, he is suddenly superman again.  Overrated and lucky that uncle and dad have helped along the way.

46 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

No he isn't.  He has hardly featured and now he happens to had a couple recently, he is suddenly superman again.  Overrated and lucky that uncle and dad have helped along the way.

Absolute bullshit. How did they help him score all the goals he did in league 1 for Huddersfield and us in the Championship? 

On 05/11/2017 at 11:30, Sparks Rover said:

He must be the luckiest bloke in the world given that he got "lucky" 85 times in 169 games for us.

I'd better ask him what the Euromillions numbers are for tomorrow night.

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

He must be the luckiest bloke in the world given that he got "lucky" 85 times in 169 games for us.

I'd better ask him what the Euromillions numbers are for tomorrow night.

Form and ability arguments to one side how did you feel about him refusing to take that penalty? Especially considering it was against Huddersfield can you imagine the amount of conspiracy theories on here had it been Rovers and not Sheff W? It probably would have been because of Anderson putting in a clause that he couldn't take penalties against Huddersfield or something.  :lol:

I really don't have anything against Rhodes aside from that. Thought he showed some integrity after he left too but that was downright cowardly. I'm not having it twisted as some noble act because he wasn't confident.

His scoring record stands up with every other top striker we have ever had, but people say hes not a good footballer,isn't footballers job about scoring goals of your a stiker/?

as the topic starter ninja says,a class act that man.

9 minutes ago, Mark45 said:

His scoring record stands up with every other top striker we have ever had, but people say hes not a good footballer,isn't footballers job about scoring goals of your a stiker/?

as the topic starter ninja says,a class act that man.

I've said it many times. You can't knock what Rhodes did here for us, a top professional and seemingly a nice guy too go with it. What we'd do for him up top for us this season.

In cricketing terms, a flat track bully who, IMV, bottles it when it matters as evidenced by his refusal to take a penalty for Owls in play off final which they lost on penalties !  Wow, absolutely unbelievable.

We did well to get our money back for a player so painfully slow and technically inept.

Many can cook fish and chips but few can master a chile en nogada! 

10 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Scored so many important goals for us but never better than a lower Championship player. 

Well, Rovers are never likely to be better than a lower Championship club.

20 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah, we've had lots of players that fit in that category, some much more deserving than Rhodes. The ones I'm thinking of did it at the top level.

Well if I have to be honest I can not really think of many... Actually someone said some time ago that Gamst has been very poor for us, not consistent enough and not even close to a legend of the club, so what do i know.. 

Just now, skous18 said:

sure if he had scored the same amount of goals as he did with Rovers

If?

boro wanted rid, he’s not been able to get into Sheffield weds team until recently and Scotland wrote him off years ago. Huddersfield did well with the money, - they never missed him, -  just as we could have done if Venkys had kept their word.

Archived