BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burton away - Friday 24 Feb - 6 pointer

Just now, JohnD said:

In that case it's appropriate for you.

He's had 3 days ffs grow up

Grow up? Maybe he shouldn't have taken the job until tomorrow if he was going to forfeit his first game.

He picked the same dross players that we need to be dumping. "FFS".

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dominated first half apparently but yet had ZERO shots on target, and second half should have been beaten. Same old, the team just isn't good enough for me, no criticism of manager, apart from brining on seniors lover boy who looks an absolute dolloper. The team IS NOT good enough, I don't think some people realise that.

Just now, Stuart said:

First test for Mowbray: failed.

Must win game not won. Same mistakes in team selection made. The stats show that we are better off without Lowe, yet he continues to be picked.

Over to the apologists to start making their excuses.

Fair points but I'm not altogether surprised he erred on the side of caution with his first team selection.

If he continues doing  the same  when it clearly isn't working then yes, it might be more of a reason for criticism.

Just now, rigger said:

I would say tonight was a must not loose, so target accomplished. It could have been better, but the fight goes on.

Agree rigger. To have lost and gone 9 behind Burton would have been  disaster. As it stands gives him a bit more time to see what hes got and plan his approach.with 3 massive home games coming . Minimum 6 points from those 3 or it does start to get rather tight with some tough away games coming and games running out. I think we will know how to rate our chances after Cardiff. 

As someone has already said that was a 'must not lose' game rather than a 'must win'. A point is a decent start for Mowbray. It's encouraging we had so much of the ball simply because we aren't the best defensively.

The over-rated Lambert lost again. That's 4 in a row, and 5 out of the last 6. 

Bristol City away to Newcastle tomorrow. Wigan at home to Forest. 

All to play for. 

17  Aston Villa 32 8 12 12 30 38 -8 36
Lost to Brentford Lost to Nottm Forest Lost to Ipswich Lost to Barnsley Lost to Newcastle
18  Nottm Forest 33 10 6 17 46 58 -12 36
Won against Rotherham Won against Aston Villa Lost to Norwich Lost to Fulham Lost to Sheff Wed
19  Burton A 34 9 9 16 34 47 -13 36
Lost to Fulham Won against Wolves Lost to Brighton Won against Norwich Drew with Derby
20  Wolves 32 9 8 15 39 44 -5 35
Lost to Norwich Won against Barnsley Lost to Burton A Lost to Newcastle Lost to Wigan
21  Bristol City 32 9 5 18 42 48 -6 32
Drew with Sheff Wed Won against Rotherham Drew with Derby Lost to Leeds Lost to Fulham
22  Wigan 33 7 9 17 30 40 -10 30
Drew with Norwich Lost to Fulham Won against Wolves Drew with Preston North End Lost to QPR
23  Blackburn 32 7 9 16 37 50 -13 30
Drew with Birmingham Lost to Leeds Won against QPR Drew with Rotherham Lost to Sheff Wed
24  Rotherham 33 4 5 24 30 73 -43 17

Just now, JohnD said:

Good to see that Stuart is happy. He really does not winning very well

Sorry about that Stuart.

If I come down to your level you'll beat me with experience.

A win would have been great but unlikely after just 3 days with the squad

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

You just couldn't to start moaning again. Lets moaned and whinge again.

I knew you would be one of people to do this.

It is NOT a failed at all. But lets be negative again.

As opposed to your hyperbole positivity again

You just couldn't to start moaning again. Lets moaned and whinge again.

I knew you would be one of people to do this.

It is NOT a failed at all. But lets be negative again.

Hang on , were you not whinging the other day about posters being respectful to different views?

Actually we did fail, we failed to beat Burton,  imo it was important we didn't get beat , can't read to much into Mowbrays reign as the team was probably suggested by Lowe and Dunn, so hopefully he makes his own mind up on a couple of players in the next few games.

Just now, Stuart said:

Must win game not won. Same mistakes in team selection made. The stats show that we are better off without Lowe, yet he continues to be picked.

Jesus wept you talk some tripe.

In the job a matter of days and he's got a draw, we'd have probably lost 3-2 with coyle in charge. I despise Venkys and everything they stand for and what they've done to the club, but give Mowbray some time, it's not his fault he's only just been given the gig 48 hours before this game and with such a busy schedule in charge.

If mowbray has failed this test, give me a name of someone who'd realistically take the job and turn the results around within that time frame?

Just now, Stuart said:

Grow up? Maybe he shouldn't have taken the job until tomorrow if he was going to forfeit his first game.

How do we forfeit tonight game? I think he wanted Rovers to go down and lose games then you can show that you were right and we were all right.

You just cant wait to be Mr Negative all the time.

How do we forfeit tonight game? I think he wanted Rovers to go down and lose games then you can show that you were right and we were all right.

You just cant wait to be Mr Negative all the time.

Now thats irony. Mr super positive

Just now, Stuart said:

You're making a fool of yourself!

Have you been on the sauce?

Just now, Stuart said:

Give it a rest, just because you were initially crying at the appointment doesn't mean you shouldn't support him... there's 14 games left and we'd have lost this game under Coyle.

Archived