BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burton away - Friday 24 Feb - 6 pointer

Couldn't see a match thread for this one so thought I'd get the ball rolling.

Simply put, it's a huge game. It has to be classed by everyone at the club as must win; lose it and you genuinely fear that we're done for, while a draw isn't of much use either. Coyle needs to stop chopping and changing and at least try to get our best 11 on the pitch week in week out, which for my money is:

Steele
Lowe Hoban Lenihan Williams
Mahoney Mulgrew Evans Bennett
Emnes
Graham or Gallagher

For Burton, as Evans is unlikely to be fit, Guthrie has to start, while I'd switch Bennett for Feeney as the former is suspended. A half fit Hoban is surely better than Greer whose legs look to be shot.

I want to be proved wrong but I just fear that firstly, Coyle will mess around with the line-up further (most likely bring Gallagher in on the wing or go flat 4-4-2); secondly, their players will want it more; and thirdly, Clough will get the better of Coyle tactically.

As I say, huge match.

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

..............Steele/Raya

Nyambe Hoban Lenihan Lowe

Feeney Mulgrew Guthrie Mahoney

......................Emnes

.....................Graham

I don't rate Williams at all and Lowe played well when he was LB vs qpr I think & conway is finished, so its Feeney for me.

• Mike E pinned this topic
  • Backroom

Expecting a full week of 'proof we can go toe to toe with the best' and '15 cup finals remain' followed by a meek loss on Friday.

Really hope to be wrong but a loss here would be nothing short of catastrophic and the probably sacking would then be too late.

Just now, philipl said:

Having seen Mahoney against the Mancs, shouldn't he start every remaining game?

Probably depends on the fine detail in his contract, appearance fees, Table tennis ranking, how many donuts downed in a minute, Balaji's spread betting etc

1 hour ago, RV Blue said:

..............Steele/Raya

Nyambe Hoban Lenihan Lowe

I don't rate Williams at all and Lowe played well when he was LB vs qpr I think & conway is finished, so its Feeney for me.

Agree 100% with this team, hopefully Hoban will be fit, greer's lack of pace is demoralizing. Conway has completely lost it for me, a couple of wonder goals a season doesn't cut it, constantly making wrong decisions and his crossing is worse than feeneys.

Just now, 1arC said:

Does anyone know the total number of tickets allocated to Rovers fans? Have we sold out and if we have, Coyle can hardly blame anyone but himself, of we lose with the backing of a sell out on a Friday night!

1700. Sold 1100 so far as mentioned above. 

I know a lot going to this. The coach I'm going on from Darwen sold out very quickly. Novelty of a new ground, terracing, Friday night football and also the fact it's a big game.

Just now, david brent said:

1700. Sold 1100 so far as mentioned above. 

I know a lot going to this. The coach I'm going on from Darwen sold out very quickly. Novelty of a new ground, terracing, Friday night football and also the fact it's a big game.

Excellent stuff. I am in Spain, otherwise would have come to this. I am as anxious as hell and just hope the team turn up. I know the fans will and give it hell for leather for 90 minutes.

A must win game which will see a convincing Rovers' victory.

Burton play at Derby tomorrow night which is their 'big derby' game and it will prove a huge drain both mentally and physically. 

We have two extra days rest/recovery and I think this will be crucial.  Coyley will also have the dressing room bouncing after yesterday's performance.

Rovers to win by 3 or 4 goals to 1 with Mahoney and Emnes shredding Burton. 

My team given injuries and suspensions:

........................Steele

Nyambe Greer Lenihan Williams

Just now, Mercerman said:

Burton play at Derby tomorrow night which is their 'big derby' game and it will prove a huge drain both mentally and physically. 

We have two extra days rest/recovery and I think this will be crucial.  Coyley will also have the dressing room bouncing after yesterday's performance.

Hats off to the optimism'. I really wish I could agree.  Coyle will be in full "make sure we don't lose mode". A sterile, sitting deep, passing sideways approach will invite Burton to score, if Coyle's luck holds we'll scab a late equaliser and maybe hold out. Cue for Coyle's inane positivity and another game will have slipped by with us in the bottom 3.

Just now, Mercerman said:

Other fairy stories are available from your local lending library.

He needs to start with Emnes in particular for me, also Mahoney and Tomlinson but I expect he'll revert back to Gallagher and Graham with no sign of the youngsters until it's too late and we're chasing the game.

I expect something similar to Rotherham if Coyle is still here. An unsatisfactory draw which won't put us out of survival contention mathematically but will do nothing for our actual chances of staying up.

7 minutes ago, Mercerman said:

I wish our actual results matched your predictions. We'd be about 10 points ahead of Newcastle.

isn't Bennett suspend?

My team would be

Steele

Lowe Hoban Lenihan Williams

Feeney Evans Mulgrew Mahoney

Emnes Graham

If Evans is fit then Guthrie in for me. Greer in for Hoban not fit.

Big Game for Rovers and this is a must win

30 minutes ago, Mercerman said:

If I wasn't 100% convinced before, I sure as hell am now that you are taking the @#/?.

'Coyley will have the dressing room bouncing'. The only thing bouncing under his management are table tennis balls.

Archived