SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Connor Mahoney's contract

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, had.e.nuff said:

Is this a template that the LT use every season

Blackburn Rovers ‘committed’ to securing long-term future of -------- ------------

No, that's the one the owners send to the LT to alert other clubs that the revolving door is fully functional 

I think Mahoney and his advisers don't see a real future at Ewood under Coil. He needs to be playing regular first team football to help him develop and Coil just isn't giving him game enough time.

Reading between the lines his mind is made up.

At the end of the day they had no intention of offering either Duffy or Marshall a sensible long term contract to try and persuade them to stay at this club, and they were established proven first team players worth millions of pounds in today's market. On that basis I'm very sceptical that any serious efforts are being made to keep Mahoney who has only just started to feature in first team games despite being at the club for a good few years now.

The very fact that it's now February and he's set to leave on a free in just over 4 months and they are only just starting to talk about a new contract offer in itself is a disgrace. If he's considered good enough, which appears to be the case given his recent inclusion in the first team in the midst of a relegation scrap, then it is imperative to have these young players tied down to long term deals.

Again it probably isn't the fault of those on the ground at Ewood, but more the case that the revolting people over in India are refusing to sanction new contracts. Apart from that they are committed to getting to the Premier League and never refuse to sign a cheque.....

I don't think his recent inclusion in the squad coupled with his contractual status is a pure coincidence. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he's now being picked for the team to put him in the shop window and set in motion a bidding war for him in the summer. Clubs would need to agree a fee with Rovers or go to a tribunal.....reads to me that it suits Rovers that he's playing most weeks from now on in so then if there are a few clubs interested and fighting over him Rovers get more money. Of course that all be made up paranoid nonsense by myself but I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if it was the truth.

Strap yourselves in for the next instalment of the Blackburn Rovers transfer window sales. I thought Marshall might have been the end of it but this thing will keep on rolling.

17 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I think Mahoney and his advisers don't see a real future at Ewood under Coil. He needs to be playing regular first team football to help him develop and Coil just isn't giving him game enough time.

I think you are right.

IMV, any adviser with a semblance of nous would be telling Mahoney that Ewood is not the place to be under the 'management' of Venky's, Senior, Pasha and Coyle.

I understand PNE fancy Mahoney strongly and that would be an ideal move for him.

Just now, Mercerman said:

I think you are right.

IMV, any adviser with a semblance of nous would be telling Mahoney that Ewood is not the place to be under the 'management' of Venky's, Senior, Pasha and Coyle.

I understand PNE fancy Mahoney strongly and that would be an ideal move for him.

The thought of losing our best prospect to PNE is terrible.

Time to go Venkys and your 'stakeholder/partners'.

• Backroom
Just now, Mercerman said:

Absolutely. Ewood is a great place to be if you're over the hill and looking for one last payday, or a terrible player but in with the right agents. Otherwise it's a graveyard to be avoided at all costs.

45 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I had a chat with Mahoney's brother in the pub after the Rotherham game and he said that Connor won't be signing a new contract simply because he hasn't been getting the game time that he felt he deserved.

Just now, D-side17 said:

I had a chat with Mahoney's brother in the pub after the Rotherham game and he said that Connor won't be signing a new contract simply because he hasn't been getting the game time that he felt he deserved.

Hopefully he will now get the starts he deserves and Coyle will be given abuse by the fans, if he doesn't. We have a talented player here, who may well give us that extra lift we need to get us to safety and if Coyle can't even see that, then he is a lot worse than we even thought.

• Backroom

He won't sign, you can read between the lines in what he says, never once mentioning that he hopes to stay.

It will be a travesty to let this one, a local boy as well, slip from our grasp, he'll be a £10m player at some point and gross negligence means he'll leave for next to nothing.

Just now, 1arC said:

Hopefully he will now get the starts he deserves and Coyle will be given abuse by the fans, if he doesn't. We have a talented player here, who may well give us that extra lift we need to get us to safety and if Coyle can't even see that, then he is a lot worse than we even thought.

Impossible 1arC!!! FOV

Just now, Tom said:

He won't sign, you can read between the lines in what he says, never once mentioning that he hopes to stay.

It will be a travesty to let this one, a local boy as well, slip from our grasp, he'll be a £10m player at some point and gross negligence means he'll leave for next to nothing.

He'll be running around in the Championship for a Barnsley, Preston or Bolton if they go up whilst we flounder in the 3rd tier with owners claiming to want promotion and a Football Director talking about only wanting players who will increase in value and moaning about FFP rules.

His next club will probably wonder why on earth he was limited to a few sub appearances at Rovers and why on earth we failed to offer him a new deal in good time.

We'll all know exactly why he hasn't signed a new deal, if there's even a deal on the table for him which I sincerely doubt.

It's true what you say. Reading between the lines its the same old story. Player just wants to concentrate on the pitch, club claims to be trying to keep him having 'chats' and 'discussions' with him and his agent. Coyle absolving himself of any responsibility, conveniently, by pointing people towards Paul Senior. Senior will continue the club policy of blame shifting by putting the blame on Mahoney and his agent.

Its worked in the past with King, Olsson, Marshall, Duffy and Hanley with many people blaming the player/agent rather than the club, this time round I think they'll have a harder time of it with a youngster from the local area.

Just now, Tom said:

Agree with this. Also to add weight to it when asked Coyle said Senior is dealing with the negotiations, no way would he not be all over the press like a rash claiming he had brokered the deal if it was going ahead.

Rovers retweeted a line from Mahoneys twitter account after the united game, his bio on there has a link to his agents. Maybe that is he norm these days to be fair but they could have had a few calls after Sunday.

This crooked lot don't even want to shell out a bit on someone who might make them another few million in a year or two. Yet Stokes/Greer/Brown etc come on in there's a contract for you for a year or two or three on c10k even though you'll never friggin justify it.

Pathetic.

Archived