BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Connor Mahoney's contract

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Chapman has certainly brought more end product.

Though he does tend to want to go for it himself when he has team-mates better placed. Delighted to see him  in our team even if only for a year.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, 47er said:

Though he does tend to want to go for it himself when he has team-mates better placed. Delighted to see him  in our team even if only for a year.

It's called playing for yourself ....even when he scored, he ran off, on his own, to celebrate whilst his fellow colleagues gave chase to join in HIS celebration.

Me.... me ...me and I.

• Moderation Lead
Just now, JAL said:

It's called playing for yourself ....even when he scored, he ran off, on his own, to celebrate whilst his fellow colleagues gave chase to join in HIS celebration.

Me.... me ...me and I.

Like you and your 'scousers out' posts? You still never did clarify what you meant by that.

Just now, JAL said:

Me.... me ...me and I.

You are simply wrong. He told his team mates to stay away whilst he did his celebratory somersault which appeared to be pre planned. When he had done this the majority of his team mobbed him.

You are looking for something that truthfully isn't there.

6 minutes ago, arbitro said:

You are simply wrong. He told his team mates to stay away whilst he did his celebratory somersault which appeared to be pre planned. When he had done this the majority of his team mobbed him.

You are looking for something that truthfully isn't there.

I've raised the point Tony so next time when his colleague is in an umarked position but he goes for the glory and it doesn't come off .

What are you going to think then, does he respect his current short term colleagues more ?

Back to Conor told he's being chased by a championship club on loan but Howe will give him his chance in the first team.

Just now, JAL said:

I've raised the point Tony so next time when his colleague is in an umarked position but he goes for the glory and it doesn't come off .

What are you going to think then, does he respect his current short term colleagues more ?

I replied to a similar criticism of him earlier in the week when a poster said he didn't pass because of his inexperience. I have seen several occasions already this season where contracted Rovers players have chose not to pass to a better placed colleague bad gone on themselves. It happens at all clubs at every level. Being a loan player simply doesn't come into it.

Remember Archibald, Ardiles, Berkovic, Berg, Bentley (first time around), Jones and a host of others. They were loan players who we were delighted to have playing for us and I would have thought you too were happy.

7 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I replied to a similar criticism of him earlier in the week when a poster said he didn't pass because of his inexperience. I have seen several occasions already this season where contracted Rovers players have chose not to pass to a better placed colleague bad gone on themselves. It happens at all clubs at every level. Being a loan player simply doesn't come into it.

Remember Archibald, Ardiles, Berkovic, Berg, Bentley (first time around), Jones and a host of others. They were loan players who we were delighted to have playing for us and I would have thought you too were happy.

Massive difference between then and now arbitro back then we had a club with people who acted in the best interests of the club. 

2 minutes ago, JAL said:

Massive difference between then and now arbitro back then we had a club with people who acted in the best interests of the club. 

You were bemoaning the use of loan players. My point is that there have always been loan players and always will be and a lot of them are (and will be) fondly remembered.

Your quoted point is an entirely different debate John.

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

You were bemoaning the use of loan players. My point is that there have always been loan players and always will be and a lot of them are (and will be) fondly remembered.

Your quoted point is an entirely different debate John.

The point is arbitro loan players used in the past where for ours the clubs use,  today it's for the player and his owners use and ours becomes secondary if that makes sense.

1 hour ago, JAL said:

The point is arbitro loan players used in the past where for ours the clubs use,  today it's for the player and his owners use and ours becomes secondary if that makes sense.

If the player does well for us whilst on loan and gets himself a move to a top club later in his career where is the harm in that? I would say that is win/win. Chapman has been arguably one of our most influential players this season in the relatively little time he has had. His assists have been invaluable and could be the difference this season.

We actually bought Bentley on the strength of his loan spell with us.

8 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He's got tunnel vision. He'll need to eradicate it from his game if he aspires to be playing at the top level

To be fair, he had run from his own half and a worldie goal was in the offing ?

6 hours ago, arbitro said:

If the player does well for us whilst on loan and gets himself a move to a top club later in his career where is the harm in that? I would say that is win/win. Chapman has been arguably one of our most influential players this season in the relatively little time he has had. His assists have been invaluable and could be the difference this season.

We actually bought Bentley on the strength of his loan spell with us.

Agree but how many loan players is a healthy number and how many is too many? It can't be good to have to recruit half a side every season surely?

11 hours ago, JAL said:

Absolute @#/?. The current owners are losing millions. Yes they have made bad decisions but I'm not sure what you are alluding to.

6 hours ago, AshleyClifford said:

Absolute @#/?. The current owners are losing millions. Yes they have made bad decisions but I'm not sure what you are alluding to.

What he's alluding to is that our previous owners cared about the club and the current ones don't give a toss about us. Have you been in a coma for the previous seven years ? 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎30‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 00:47, AshleyClifford said:

They aren't losing millions they are probably redirecting a few million per annum somewhere and saving tax on it whilst helping keep the lights on. Get real !

On 28/09/2017 at 21:24, Pedro said:

Chapman is far better. I'm not a massive Mahoney fan, I think the legend of him not being in the first team made the thought of him being better than he actually is.  If we can somehow tie Chapman to a contract, it would be a good upgrade for Rovers. Without promotion, I don't see it happening though.

Mahoeny def played very well in big games like United and City but didn't really impress tracking back, then again Chapman needs to work on that too but he looks the more mature and threatening player.

On 10/10/2017 at 22:43, tomphil said:

They aren't losing millions they are probably redirecting a few million per annum somewhere and saving tax on it whilst helping keep the lights on. Get real !

Redirecting it from where? Redirecting it to where?

Genuinely interested to know as the the accounts show they lodged money in to keep the club afloat to the tune of 6 million. Do you have additional info? 

Just my personal opinion and it's been done to death on here anyway. Without being able to look at how the money flows through VLL and Rovers it's impossible to say but business to business lending by firms under the same umbrella is common and opens up all sorts of loophole opportunities.

One age old simple one though that is very common amongst small firms is stick a few names on the payroll who don't actually do anything and pay them every month !

Does all the share capital they issue to VLL find it's way Rovers ? 

7 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Just my personal opinion and it's been done to death on here anyway. Without being able to look at how the money flows through VLL and Rovers it's impossible to say but business to business lending by firms under the same umbrella is common and opens up all sorts of loophole opportunities.

One age old simple one though that is very common amongst small firms is stick a few names on the payroll who don't actually do anything and pay them every month !

Does all the share capital they issue to VLL find it's way Rovers ?

Would you class Rovers as a "small firm"? A few peoples wages, if that is true, would hardly be millions though, would it? 

Maybe that is happening, but the facts are that they have lost a fortune, missed out on even more money and were absolutely taken for a ride by Kentaro and Anderson. To be honest I would actually blame the FA and the Walker trust more than the Raos. The FA stood by and watched Kentaro run riot here(all while being an official partner to the FA). As for the the Trust, who were meant to protect Jacks legacy and you would imagine had football knowledge, sold the club to business people from India with no knowledge and not much more that a superficial interest in football. 

Maybe they are running money through the club now, but those who you would have wanted to protect the club, stood by and let it get to this. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Would you class Rovers as a "small firm"? A few peoples wages, if that is true, would hardly be millions though, would it? 

Maybe that is happening, but the facts are that they have lost a fortune, missed out on even more money and were absolutely taken for a ride by Kentaro and Anderson. To be honest I would actually blame the FA and the Walker trust more than the Raos. The FA stood by and watched Kentaro run riot here(all while being an official partner to the FA). As for the the Trust, who were meant to protect Jacks legacy and you would imagine had football knowledge, sold the club to business people from India with no knowledge and not much more that a superficial interest in football. 

Maybe they are running money through the club now, but those who you would have wanted to protect the club, stood by and let it get to this. 

Of course i'm not classing Rovers as a small firm ffs i'm just giving an example and if you multiplied it ten times you get the picture. It could be a handy way to strip a few extra quid out of the head company without breaking any laws, it goes on all the time and i'm NOT saying it is the case it's just a scenario that is possible.

Other things may be using the books to fund other businesses they have or are setting up in the UK or Europe or investing in other things. All legit and common business practices and for once i'm not alleging wrongdoing but the amount of money that flows in at the top and out via the payroll which continues to be kept huge might not all be football related therefore I'm never easy with people trying to paint these lot as generous benefactors pouring their millions down the drain just to keep a football club afloat they aren't interested in 6 thousand or whatever miles away !

The heads of the company originally wanted the football club as a business and advertising vehicle that's a fact so no reason they haven't found a use for it a few years ago despite the advertising side of being defunct once out of the Prem. No way on earth do they somehow provide the amount of money they do just to keep the lights on I think many fans would agree on that even people working for the club cannot answer that question. There are a multitude of reasons and the actual football standing of the club or feelings of the fans is way down that list.

Generous benfactors losing millions every year my arse :P

27 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Of course i'm not classing Rovers as a small firm ffs i'm just giving an example and if you multiplied it ten times you get the picture. It could be a handy way to strip a few extra quid out of the head company without breaking any laws, it goes on all the time and i'm NOT saying it is the case it's just a scenario that is possible.

Other things may be using the books to fund other businesses they have or are setting up in the UK or Europe or investing in other things. All legit and common business practices and for once i'm not alleging wrongdoing but the amount of money that flows in at the top and out via the payroll which continues to be kept huge might not all be football related therefore I'm never easy with people trying to paint these lot as generous benefactors pouring their millions down the drain just to keep a football club afloat they aren't interested in 6 thousand or whatever miles away !

The heads of the company originally wanted the football club as a business and advertising vehicle that's a fact so no reason they haven't found a use for it a few years ago despite the advertising side of being defunct once out of the Prem. No way on earth do they somehow provide the amount of money they do just to keep the lights on I think many fans would agree on that even people working for the club cannot answer that question. There are a multitude of reasons and the actual football standing of the club or feelings of the fans is way down that list.

Generous benfactors losing millions every year my arse :P

I don't agree that they would get away with having phantom employees on the books and siphon millions off that way. Some fan would have spotted it. 

I agree that they are not generous benefactors, they are a very big symptom of the sickness that has brought the club from where we were , to where we are now. Given the part they have played in everything, keeping the club afloat is the absolute minimum of what they could be doing. 

It's the first few years of their ownership that really sickens me. That the FA and Trust let it happen is inexcusable. If we get back to the Championship, we will then see how serious they are about getting us back to where we were. I wouldn't bet on that being enough, so hopefully they sell up and F off 

A fan wouldn't be able to spot it without forensic examination of the books of Rovers and Vll and knor would it be provable that's why people do it that way. Needn't be millions either could be a nice half mill or so to cover your pocket money when in the UK visiting the Dorchester or somewhere nice ;)

Getting back to the champ and seeing how serious they are is a good point as with the money that appears to be pumped in at the top alongside all the sales of previos years the actual football wage bill should find itself a lot straighter after the horrors of the Kean years. Then if they continue to fund a sizeable budget some of that cash should actually find its way into building up the squad to push on instead of paying people no longer here and associated percentages.

However we might need a championship budget in league 1 for a few years to achieve that scenario !

Like you though i won't hold my breath as like i've said previously i don't think that is what is at play here. Nothing would surprise though and nobody does U turns quite like the Venkys. 

Archived