BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Connor Mahoney's contract

2 hours ago, Raya4espania said:

If he'd stayed, we possibly wouldn't have brought in the boro kid..

You mean the one who's been injured all season and such is the nature of the injury  is unlikely ever to be the same player again?

At least Mahoney's been on the pitch and playing. 

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, jim mk2 said:

You mean the one who's been injured all season and such is the nature of the injury  is unlikely ever to be the same player again?

I'm not saying it was a good or bad thing, just that as it is.

• Backroom
9 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Over the season though even with those injuries Chapman produced more albeit in a league below.

Hope for his sake Chapman gets back to his best, but you may be right he may never fully recover.

I didn't hear much about Mahoney this season just gone. One could argue that he's not been ripping up any trees in playing in some kind of premiership reserve team and minimal minutes for a team relegated to the 3rd division.

If I was being brutally honest I'd say the lad has just wasted a year of his playing career.

18 minutes ago, Husky said:

I didn't hear much about Mahoney this season just gone. One could argue that he's not been ripping up any trees in playing in some kind of premiership reserve team and minimal minutes for a team relegated to the 3rd division.

If I was being brutally honest I'd say the lad has just wasted a year of his playing career.

Mahoney was with the England under 20s squad before Xmas that did so well abroad.

Rovers wouldn't offer Conor the 3.5k a week he wanted that's why he left. Rovers only offered him around 1.8k from family sources.

Obviously they don't want too many local lads around Brockhall gossiping about what's going on.

Just now, JAL said:

Mahoney was with the England under 20s squad before Xmas that did so well abroad.

Rovers wouldn't offer Conor the 3.5k a week he wanted that's why he left. Rovers only offered him around 1.8k from family sources.

Obviously they don't want too many local lads around Brockhall gossiping about what's going on.

The difference being that for that reduced sum, he could have been a regular for a promotion team and attracting Championship  bids. Instead, despite earning more for his short-term contract, he will struggle to get another one anywhere else due to lack of appearances. Short-sighted.

• Moderation Lead
5 minutes ago, JAL said:

But you’ll happily gossip about it on the internet as that makes the club look so much better?

Just now, JacknOry said:

The difference being that for that reduced sum, he could have been a regular for a promotion team and attracting Championship  bids. Instead, despite earning more for his short-term contract, he will struggle to get another one anywhere else due to lack of appearances. Short-sighted.

Eh !

When others are being offered double what you want and your still told you might not get a game.

Then a premier league team comes in. 

End of the day Rovers didn't miss Conor and I don't think we ever will. 

Standards need to be far higher and the scouting reports at the time revealed he was very average.

Just now, JAL said:

Eh !

When others are being offered double what you want and your still told you might not get a game.

Then a premier league team comes in. 

End of the day Rovers didn't miss Conor and I don't think we ever will. 

Standards need to be far higher and the scouting reports at the time revealed he was very average.

He played what? A handful of games?

Hardly proved himself and seemingly became a billy-big @#/?. Yes Coyle was here and should have treated him better but to think that he would go the PL and suddenly become a big star to rival Neymar was short-sighted. Was not even a regular with us. 

He will be released from Bournemouth when his contract is up - you read it here first.

8 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

He played what? A handful of games?

Hardly proved himself and seemingly became a billy-big @#/?. Yes Coyle was here and should have treated him better but to think that he would go the PL and suddenly become a big star to rival Neymar was short-sighted. Was not even a regular with us. 

He will be released from Bournemouth when his contract is up - you read it here first.

You've totally missed it Jack you're that far off your on another planet unfortunately.

Your not part of the fraudsters at the club are you ?

The people at Bournemouth will manage it what's best for them and Conor.

Just now, JAL said:

You've totally missed it Jack you're that far off I'm your on another planet unfortunately.

Your not part of the fraudsters at the club are you ?

Wheres the confused emoji when you need it?

You jump on our 20 year old RB when you want to but will not hear a bad word about another kid that has progressed far less - basically because you have 'famil;y' connections. 

Just now, JacknOry said:

Wheres the confused emoji when you need it?

You jump on our 20 year old RB when you want to but will not hear a bad word about another kid that has progressed far less - basically because you have 'famil;y' connections. 

Jack I'm saying both aren't good enough.

This is the lack of quality judgement and investment at the club these days.

Just now, JAL said:

Nice edit on your previous post - it now makes a little sense.

Good enough for what? Where we are? 

You seem to love attacking our LEAGUE Winning academy and its players. Lack of investment - would you like to see our debt rise even further? Sensible investments are what is needed and bringing through the youth. Step by step.  

2 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

You seem to love attacking our LEAGUE Winning academy and its players. Lack of investment - would you like to see our debt rise even further? Sensible investments are what is needed and bringing through the youth. Step by step.  

Is the debt now being used as the gun put to our heads in accepting the shyte on offer from the shitty agents ?

11 minutes ago, JAL said:

Is the debt now being used as the gun put to our heads in accepting the shyte on offer from the shitty agents ?

Im hopeful that these shitty agents are no longer near our club and recent transfers would suggest this. I get your gripe dude but im more fearful for the future of our club rather than lambasting 20 year olds from our academy. I feel that your anger and gripes are being directed in completely the wrong direction. If Agents are running our u23s, they not doing a bad job right> No chance that this is the case so I am baffled at why you attack this kids and their agents. 

7 hours ago, JAL said:

If Mahoney isn't good enough John (your words) then how the hell can he demand £3.5k a week?

And if he isn't good enough we will potentially get £900k for a 'dummy'.

7 hours ago, arbitro said:

If Mahoney isn't good enough John (your words) then how the hell can he demand £3.5k a week?

And if he isn't good enough we will potentially get £900k for a 'dummy'.

The modern game wonder if there's money to be made from prem club by loaning out such fringe players.

14 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Why aren't they in the first team if your good enough your old enough. Yet we've several loan players doing what should or could be their job and a few of these players aren't that good.

Is there any of the ladies team that could step up into the first team ?

Just now, JAL said:

The modern game wonder if there's money to be made from prem club by loaning out such fringe players.

Why aren't they in the first team if your good enough your old enough. Yet we've several loan players doing what should or could be their job and a few of these players aren't that good.

Is there any of the ladies team that could step up into the first team ?

I'm not really sure what you mean by that John.

Archived