BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Coyle sacked

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

I'm still not sure what you are on about.  I go to games with mates who've I gone to games with for years - none of whom are involved in professional football.  Like so many on here you seem to think that supporting the club means you must be involved with the club at some level.  I support the club I've supported for fifty-odd years nothing more and nothing less and will continue to do so for as long as I can. 

Ok . But should he not have done better with that squad ? Hanley Duffy cabinet Marshall gestede Rhodes ? 

So the morning after the manager has finally been sacked and these are the Lancashire Telegraph's top headlines on their website:

1) Blackburn Rovers cut losses - but debts still stand at more than £106 million

2) COMMENT: Owen Coyle's sacking won't solve all of Blackburn Rovers' problems

3) Mike Cheston: Blackburn Rovers will continue to cut costs - despite seeing losses fall

4) 'I think he did a good job' - mixed reaction on the streets of Blackburn after Owen Coyle exit

So 2 stories about the finances, 1 opinion piece suggesting Coyle's departure is pointless, and reaction gathering from the public that is headed with some clown saying they thought he did a good job. Must be the dingle reporters asking people in their local pub what they thought about Coyle's tenure. From a neutral looking in it is all very pro-Coyle - lots of references to the financial situation, one bloke on the street saying he did a good job and another comment saying that Coyle going won't change much. Brilliant.

Is it a coincidence that they're now running with a Cheston interview from some time ago in relation to the accounts talking about further cost cutting and money saving? Preparing the groundwork for a dreadful uninspiring cheapo appointment as manager?

23 minutes ago, bob fleming said:

Wayne Bradley, 30, from Higher Croft: "one of the best managers Blackburn Rovers ever had"

Dingle alert!

Just now, JHRover said:

So the morning after the manager has finally been sacked and these are the Lancashire Telegraph's top headlines on their website:

1) Blackburn Rovers cut losses - but debts still stand at more than £106 million

3) Mike Cheston: Blackburn Rovers will continue to cut costs - despite seeing losses fall

4) 'I think he did a good job' - mixed reaction on the streets of Blackburn after Owen Coyle exit

So 2 stories about the finances, 1 opinion piece suggesting Coyle's departure is pointless, and reaction gathering from the public that is headed with some clown saying they thought he did a good job. Must be the dingle reporters asking people in their local pub what they thought about Coyle's tenure. From a neutral looking in it is all very pro-Coyle - lots of references to the financial situation, one bloke on the street saying he did a good job and another comment saying that Coyle going won't change much. Brilliant.

Is it a coincidence that they're now running with a Cheston interview from some time ago in relation to the accounts talking about further cost cutting and money saving? Preparing the groundwork for a dreadful uninspiring cheapo appointment as manager?

100% NO

Just now, JHRover said:

I have no doubts they are frantically searching for a wee gem

Just now, gumboots said:

I have a friend on Facebook who, looking from the outside, thinks it is sad Coyle left because "he seemed like a nice man doing his best in difficult circumstances"

We're certainly up against it and from all sides.

At least we see the truth and seek justice.

Rovers fanatics are all that matter.

I console myself with that. 

Just now, A cup of beans said:

We're certainly up against it and from all sides.

At least we see the truth and seek justice.

Rovers fanatics are all that matter.

I console myself with that. 

Coyle is a nice man who was doing his best in difficult circumstances. his best just wasn't good enough unfortunately. 

I do find the slant in the LT article interesting though. That was 100% positive, whereas I would say it was about 80 v 20 to keep Coyle. 

9 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

I do too, allot of neutrals detest him on tv but i find him very different and a breath of fresh air compared to the cliche pundits.

Image result for mike cheston

Next target, CHESTON OUT! 

Notice how they've released the accounts info today of all days, this guy has the LT right in his pocket.  Ironic they've just added to costs again removing yet another manager and coaching staff, a set they shouldn't have hired in the first place. 

Wonder if the timing of this article by magic Mike is to prepare fans for a very underwhelming next head coach, they'll be praying David Lowe & Dunny pull a few results off. The job might be theirs if so it fits in with the cheapo cost cutting.

5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Coyle is a nice man who was doing his best in difficult circumstances. his best just wasn't good enough unfortunately. 

I do find the slant in the LT article interesting though. That was 100% positive, whereas I would say it was about 80 v 20 to keep Coyle. 

Eh? Where? Not at Ewood Park (or away for that matter)

2 hours ago, SamTheLeedsRover said:

I wonder how long they had to wait to get those viewpoints - these must have been the minority out on the streets. Or perhaps the sentiment of the majority was simply unprintable.

Indeed 

Its always the same  with these random  unplanned  'views/ reports etc'  - and its not  just our club  -  as the following posts   all direct to  - the Editor has some answering for this

there is something certainly going on somewhere

As I posted in the Coyle out thread - why all the sudden shouting and reporting exposure - surely it can't be just because of the UTD  game

WE HAVE SEEN IT ALL BEFORE

Archived