BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager

Fortunately I think Gray was axed shortly after Senior arrived in tandem with their new owner, so there's probably/hopefully nothing in that.

Expect compensation to be out of the equation after they finally stumped up Coyle and co's severance packages. 

Now we need a full coaching staff roster to be recruited in mid Feb on a shoestring budget with games running out. Not easy. 

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, JHRover said:

Fortunately I think Gray was axed shortly after Senior arrived in tandem with their new owner, so there's probably/hopefully nothing in that.

Expect compensation to be out of the equation after they finally stumped up Coyle and co's severance packages. 

Now we need a full coaching staff roster to be recruited in mid Feb on a shoestring budget with games running out. Not easy. 

Mark Warburton has a full set up ready to go.... 

Then I woke up 

Just now, Hi Mack said:

It is very strange to sack the full team at the same time. This backs up what I put above.

Did Warburton and his team not have talks about taking over at forest prior to the Rangers fall out 

Just now, Athlete said:

Did Warburton and his team not have talks about taking over at forest prior to the Rangers fall out 

I think that was the beginning of the end for him at Rangers, Im not 100% if he wanted to meet them or if he did.

Just now, JHRover said:

2 ways to go from here on. 

1) Is to appoint a short term manager until the summer who will give us the best chance of survival and then re-assess. Someone with substantial experience of this league and relegation scraps who could come in and hit the ground running. Big bonus for survival.

2) Think about the longer term and appoint someone who could hopefully keep us up, but if he can't then he's the man we want to try and get us back up at the first attempt. Someone with a longer term view in mind.

My 'ideal' shortlist would be Jackett, Rowett, Warburton, Davies, McLeish, Adkins. Jackett would be a serious contender for me. Knows this division and League One extremely well and operated as a 'head coach' at Wolves. However he's a man of integrity who wouldn't accept being messed about by Venkys and Senior. Warburton apparently interested in the Forest madhouse recently so perhaps not impossible, although we're probably not even considering him.

I expect Senior will be looking abroad for a puppet, however he has to be careful as get this one wrong and he'll be in the firing line, which might see a short term troubleshooter brought in until the summer.

Expect to see dreadful names like Ainsworth, Redfearn and co back in contention.

Johnson and Dunn should only be in charge of the team until a new manager is appointed. Zero experience of managing in this league and not what is needed in this dire situation. Need someone clued up in terms of organising a defence and fire fighting.

The timing is a bit bizarre unless someone definitely is lined up with a massive game on Friday on the horizon 

Just now, Hi Mack said:

I think that was the beginning of the end for him at Rangers, Im not 100% if he wanted to meet them or if he did.

Yes I'm not sure either but somehow it got out.. Maybe he met cheston instead.. 

The issue we now have is who is doing the hiring.. What we don't want is a puppet for senior or the cheap option it has to be for the good of the club a jackett Rowett or seeing as the full staff have gone Warburtons team are available 

Just now, Athlete said:

Yes I'm not sure either but somehow it got out.. Maybe he met cheston instead.. 

The issue we now have is who is doing the hiring.. What we don't want is a puppet for senior or the cheap option it has to be for the good of the club a jackett Rowett or seeing as the full staff have gone Warburtons team are available 

In an ideal world it would have to be someone with experience and not lumping it on the shoulders of Johnson and Dunn, not for me.

If Warburton could be pursued to take it till the end of the season and assess it from there, would be a good fit around imo.

Archived