BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager

Just now, JHRover said:

Me too. I'd be content with someone like Adkins or Jackett, who surely wouldn't cost much to recruit and want a job.

I just worry that there's something else going on here. Waking up to see the Telegraph plastered with Cheston's comments about cost cutting has got me worried. I don't think the timing is coincidental and I think its been deliberately planted ahead of a low cost managerial appointment who will almost certainly finish us off.

Hope im wrong.

You've probably hit the nail on the head something else definitely must be afoot no coincidence 

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tony Mowbray ex coventry manager oh no...

From wiki....

Ipswich Town (caretaker manager) England 11 October 2002 28 October 2002 4 1 1 2 25.00
Hibernian Scotland 24 May 2004 13 October 2006 108 52 16 40 48.15
West Bromwich Albion England 18 October 2006 16 June 2009 140 57 32 51 40.71
Celtic Scotland 16 June 2009 25 March 2010 45 23 9 13 51.11
Middlesbrough England 26 October 2010 21 October 2013 153 61 37 55 39.87
Coventry City England 3 March 2015 29 September 2016 75 26 24 25 34.67
Total 524 220 119 185 41.98

Tim Sherwood took Villa backwards from where it sat under Lambert, which if you think about it is some achievement, anyone wanting him is bonkers.

As for Mowbray, he resigned from Coventry due to it being a basket case of a club, they never bought targets he identified, and he admitted you can't build a side from loan players.

Lets get Mike Bassett in, then at least we all know the last 7yrs have been a complete p1ss take.

#venkysout

Mowbray confirmed with David Lowe as assistant and Dunn as First team coach.

Cheap option. Presumably one requirement for Mowbray to get the job was a willingness to appoint existing club staff to his coaching staff.

Only positive is that Mowbray has some integrity and has form for walking out if things get ugly as he did at Coventry.

Just now, Gav said:

Tim Sherwood took Villa backwards from where it sat under Lambert, which if you think about it is some achievement, anyone wanting him is bonkers.

As for Mowbray, he resigned from Coventry due to it being a basket case of a club, they never bought targets he identified, and he admitted you can't build a side from loan players.

Lets get Mike Bassett in, then at least we all know the last 7yrs have been a complete p1ss take.

#venkysout

Too late, Gav - Mowbray is our man.

When leaving Coventry Tony said, and it could have been written by Coyle:

We knew what the budget was but we didn't get our targets. You can't build a club off loans. They have to invest in footballers they can keep and build on.

Shambles of a club

13 hours ago, Mercerman said:

Seems like Adkins spotted in well known local hotel tonight.

Seems not. Unless he was up here for the scenery, it might help your cause if you put an addendum to these rumours by advising where you get this stuff (ultimately rubbish) from!

12 hours ago, Neal said:

Just been told David Lowe is taking over on a temporary basis with DJ as assistant, announced tomorrow morning, perhaps that's common knowledge, just catching up after work. Mate also told me he heard Curbishley has been at Ewood during the past week but may have been just because he's friends with Senior. 

Well... at least Dad was wrong!

5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

So that we would know who the majority of fans on here would like? 

Sorry, Bigdoggsteel; I think the owners and their lackeys have just made my point for me - who we want/might have wanted as manager count for nothing.

We're only the fans, after all.

• Tom locked this topic

Archived