BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

We were under FFP restrictions. While we had a decent squad. The championship was a lot stronger and more competitive then than it is now. Bowyer did a solid job here. No more,no less. In no way could he be called a failure. 

All depends on your definition of success.

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

We were under FFP restrictions. While we had a decent squad. The championship was a lot stronger and more competitive then than it is now. Bowyer did a solid job here. No more,no less. In no way could he be called a failure. 

I think it's fair to say that people haven't taken to you on here yet.

Part of the reason is posts like the above. They ignore discussions and scenarios played out over a long long time on here. You say you've been reading for three years. You should be well versed in much of this stuff but you don't show it. For instance, FFP is widely felt to be an excuse - one of many - for Venkys not to put their hand in their pocket and reverse the decline they caused. We are the only club in this division who are as badly affected as we are. Nobody else comes close. Spending carries on, there are plenty of loop holes.

We have seen plenty of 'proof' of a different agenda by those in charge of the club. There is a reason that this place is not like the official board or RoversTalk or LT comments. It's because things which put the club in a bad light are discussed, argued about, or chosen to be ignored, or in some cases beyond the intellect of those reading (not a dig at you), but they are not hidden or removed by admin. It's one of the reasons that this site has consistently been the busiest and best Rovers fan site. Some of that approach is changing sadly due to the current admin approach but most of this stuff survives. If it were untrue, it would be removed. But we have lived through years of this so don't expect not to get a hard time when you are posting things which in some cases have been well-trodden facts, the proof buried in these pages, and in some cases racking up old wounds and arguments.

Please try to remember this and post more wisely. Maybe even give the board stalwarts the benefit of the doubt rather than short shrift.

Edited by Stuart
  • Like 3

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Based on?

I did miss a word out.

It now reads

Senior and Mowbray will hopefully have a good working relationship and hopefully have a plan going forward for the recruitment. 

For me, This is Senior 1st appointment in the role of head coach and this needs to work. Shame, Coyle was sacked sooner, But after he was Sacked we had a replacement in less than 24 hours so Senior did have a plan of sorts

Will Senior do an interview saying why he choose Mowbray as head coach over possible choices.

Edited by chaddyrovers

Just now, Stuart said:

I think it's fair to say that people haven't taken to you on here yet.

Part of the reason is posts like the above. They ignore discussions and scenarios played out over a long long time on here. You say you've been reading for three years. You should be well versed in much of this stuff but you don't show it. For instance, FFP is widely felt to be an excuse - one of many - for Venkys not to put their hand in their pocket and reverse the decline they caused. We are the only club in this division who are as badly affected as we are. Nobody else comes close. Spending carries on, their are plenty of loop holes.

We have seen plenty of 'proof' of a different agenda by those in charge of the club. There is a reason that this place is not like the official board or RoversTalk. It's because things which put the club in a bad light are discussed, argued about, or chosen to be ignored, or in some cases beyond the intellect of those reading (not a dig at you), but they are not hidden or removed. It's one of the reasons that this site has consistently been the busiest and best Rovers fan site. Some of that approach is changing sadly due to the current admin approach but most of this stuff survives. If it were untrue, it would be removed. But we have lived through years of this so don't expect not to get a hard time when you are posting things which in some cases have been well-trodden facts, the proof buried in these pages, and in some cases racking up old wounds and arguments.

Please try to remember this and post more wisely. Maybe even give the board stalwarts the benefit of the doubt rather than short shrift.

I disagree. People seem to have issues with things like "would Gary Bowler have done a good job as DOF". Even raising a question like this has people frothing at the mouth. That can be discussed without me being accused of being one with the "dark forces" ,no?

Yes,I am sure there is plenty of good stuff buried on here. There is also a lot of stuff that is sensationalist and downright in the realms of conspiracy theory. In fact I notice certain things that I know not to be true,are repeated on here as gospel. Then when I ask for evidence or to explain why someone thinks something to be the case,instead of an explanation I get abuse. I respect anyone who shows me respect. I don't respect people who are too thin skinned or unsure of what they are saying,to be unable to provide a counter argument without resorting to aggressive babbling. 

• Like 2

I disagree. People seem to have issues with things like "would Gary Bowler have done a good job as DOF". Even raising a question like this has people frothing at the mouth. That can be discussed without me being accused of being one with the "dark forces" ,no?

Yes,I am sure there is plenty of good stuff buried on here. There is also a lot of stuff that is sensationalist and downright in the realms of conspiracy theory. In fact I notice certain things that I know not to be true,are repeated on here as gospel. Then when I ask for evidence or to explain why someone thinks something to be the case,instead of an explanation I get abuse. I respect anyone who shows me respect. I don't respect people who are too thin skinned or unsure of what they are saying,to be unable to provide a counter argument without resorting to aggressive babbling. 

Still giving you the benefit of the doubt, help me out then. What is your example that you know to be untrue but is repeated on here as gospel?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gav said:

You pitched up here 2wks ago and started towing the party line and insulting seasoned posters.

You clearly have an agenda, as you're completely ignoring years of mismanagement, under investment and people being promoted beyond their abilities.

So you carry on looking towards the future mystic Meg and ignoring the glaringly obvious,  but allow us to remain highly sceptical of the youth team coach running our club that's promoted way beyond his abilities.

Not quite sure what your obsession is with 'seasoned posters', just 'posters' would have sufficed. You aren't in some kind of elite, untouchable club because you've been posting on here for a while.

• Like 4

Just now, RV Blue said:

Not quite sure what your obsession is with 'seasoned posters', just 'posters' would have sufficed. You aren't in some kind of elite, untouchable club because you've been posting on here for a while.

They think they are though :lol:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DE. said:

I've always thought Bowyer would make a great assistant manager, or first team coach. Don't think he has the tools to be a successful first team manager. That's not to say he never will have the tools - with experience he could gain those - but he shouldn't have been learning his trade with us. 

Looks like, what remains of the Blackpool fans, are getting fed up of him.

Just now, RV Blue said:

The sites been infiltrated by kn0bheads recently, present company excepted of course, but you'll soon find out, like on most sites, that constantly playing the man and not the ball will only end one way.

Seasoned posters is in reference to posters that have been around for a while, the ones that have contributed in many different ways to keeping this site the best BRFC site on the internet. That doesn't mean new posters aren't welcome, but it does mean new posters need to learn the rules and be respectful, not wonder round threads breaking the posting record in the hope to somehow get a rise out of people.

Thats today's lesson over RV, ignore the advice at your peril.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

Just now, Gav said:

The sites been infiltrated by kn0bheads recently, present company excepted of course, but you'll soon find out, like on most sites, that constantly playing the man and not the ball will only end one way.

Seasoned posters is in reference to posters that have been around for a while, the ones that have contributed in many different ways to keeping this site the best BRFC site on the internet. That doesn't mean new posters aren't welcome, but it does mean new posters need to learn the rules and be respectful, not wonder round threads breaking the posting record in the hope to somehow get a rise out of people.

In other words,go with the view of the "seasoned posters" or feel our wrath. Actually, are you seasoned with salt or pepper? 

• Like 2

In other words,go with the view of the "seasoned posters" or feel our wrath. Actually, are you seasoned with salt or pepper? 

I still don't feel any reassurance that you are 'one of us' rather than 'one of them'. In fact I'm even more convinced that you are a mouthpiece for the dark forces that are running ruining our club. It would be more interesting if you did just come out with the truth about your interest in the club and the message board, so that a real dialogue could take place. But hey ho, you can just carry on posting pro-establishment guff, and reinforcing the impression that you are a stooge. No worries ;)

• Like 3

Just now, Gav said:

I doubt he's a new poster, just a new user name.

• Like 1

Just now, Disenfranchised said:

I still don't feel any reassurance that you are 'one of us' rather than 'one of them'. In fact I'm even more convinced that you are a mouthpiece for the dark forces that are running ruining our club. It would be more interesting if you did just come out with the truth about your interest in the club and the message board, so that a real dialogue could take place. But hey ho, you can just carry on posting pro-establishment guff, and reinforcing the impression that you are a stooge. No worries ;)

A simple questions about one of our club heroes, that you won't find on Google would do the trick. The last one I asked, was a bit too tricky, as it caught real Rovers fans out. But how about this one. What is the connection between Simon Garner and light aircraft?

Just now, Disenfranchised said:

The problem I have with BDS is he's just so desperate for attention, it gets very boring, very quickly. Reminds me of TJ Hooker, or whatever his name was.

• Like 1

Just now, 1arC said:

A simple questions about one of our club heroes, that you won't find on Google would do the trick. The last one I asked, was a bit too tricky, as it caught real Rovers fans out. But how about this one. What is the connection between Simon Garner and light aircraft?

It wasn't him

Their you go again, playing the man not the ball.