BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I am him. I joined this message board 3 years ago as I knew I would be DOF here in 2017. None of you suckers had a clue. 

It's 6 years according to your profile. To even know you would one day become Rovers Director of Football shows a foresight that actually makes you instantly the most respected poster on the site. However, you still have to agree with the 'seasoned' posters and site 'stalwarts'. This isn't the place for discussion, just agreement with the prevailing view. Or else.

• Like 2

Just now, 1arC said:

A simple questions about one of our club heroes, that you won't find on Google would do the trick. The last one I asked, was a bit too tricky, as it caught real Rovers fans out. But how about this one. What is the connection between Simon Garner and light aircraft?

Too easy. Any dingle will know the answer to that one. 

13 minutes ago, Disenfranchised said:

I still don't feel any reassurance that you are 'one of us' rather than 'one of them'. In fact I'm even more convinced that you are a mouthpiece for the dark forces that are running ruining our club. It would be more interesting if you did just come out with the truth about your interest in the club and the message board, so that a real dialogue could take place. But hey ho, you can just carry on posting pro-establishment guff, and reinforcing the impression that you are a stooge. No worries ;)

'One of us' after 17 posts? Are you 'seasoned' enough to be so strident? Who are you really. What's your agenda etc etc Out yourself dear boy. This won't stand!!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

It's 6 years according to your profile. To even know you would one day become Rovers Director of Football shows a foresight that actually makes you instantly the most respected poster on the site. However, you still have to agree with the 'seasoned' posters and site 'stalwarts'. This isn't the place for discussion, just agreement with the prevailing view. Or else.

Jesus is it 6? Ya I think I opened an account here after I was banned from the official board for 1 month for being a little too vitriolic in my abuse of Venkys and their continued backing of Steve Kean :D

Anyway. They should have appointed Mowbray then :)

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

• Paul unpinned this topic
4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

We were under FFP restrictions. While we had a decent squad. The championship was a lot stronger and more competitive then than it is now. Bowyer did a solid job here. No more,no less. In no way could he be called a failure. 

I think we spent a week in the playoff places in three years. That with Rhodes, Gestede, Hanley, Cairney, Marshall and God knows who else who have moved on.  That's not success in my eyes.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Jesus is it 6? Ya I think I opened an account here after I was banned from the official board for 1 month for being a little too vitriolic in my abuse of Venkys and their continued backing of Steve Kean :D

Anyway. They should have appointed Mowbray then :)

There's hope for you yet.

Now about debunking that 'gospel truth'...?

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

'One of us' after 17 posts? Are you 'seasoned' enough to be so strident? Who are you really. What's your agenda etc etc Out yourself dear boy. This won't stand!!

Well I was here on the board a long time before most of the noisy oiks we have to endure, albeit under another handle (Wild Irish Rover), way back when Lee Grooby was the man. So, I have an opinion, and although it looks like I only just crawled out from under a stone, I've actually got a lot of moss too. I take your point though ;)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

We were under FFP restrictions. While we had a decent squad. The championship was a lot stronger and more competitive then than it is now. Bowyer did a solid job here. No more,no less. In no way could he be called a failure. 

We had a decent squad so why didn't it finish higher? Because Bowyer was a poor manager.

6 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

The only people afraid of proof are those who cannot back up their viewpoint. It seems some people here spout rubbish and lies and when when they are asked to go a bit deeper and explain what they mean or give proof, they resort to insults. It is actually comical. 

I want proof that you are not just a W.U.M.

Just now, 47er said:

We had a decent squad so why didn't it finish higher? Because Bowyer was a poor manager.

We had the bones of a good team. Hindsight is a great thing. I don't remember anyone at the time saying we should be getting into the play offs. Bowyer was a steady manager who knew the club well and did a decent job during a challenging period.

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

We had the bones of a good team. Hindsight is a great thing. I don't remember anyone at the time saying we should be getting into the play offs. Bowyer was a steady manager who knew the club well and did a decent job during a challenging period.

Ha! Hindsight.

When you call it before it happens everyone calls you negative and says, and I quote, "give him a chance FFS".

Oh, and I was one of those saying the squad he had should be in the play-offs and we needed better than a 'steady manager' before it was too late.

Guess what #1? I was told I was negative and to "get behind him FFS".

Guess what #2? When he failed people talked about hindsight.

I guess we are going to have to go through most of the last 6 years with you after all.

• Like 7

We had a good team, well capable of making the play-offs and plenty said that on here at the time.

You were on the official site at the time.so you wouldn't have seen it. And 8th or 9th was not decent enough when the play-off cut off at 6th.

A good spotter of talent, or his Dad was, but a poor manager.

Just now, Stuart said:

Ha! Hindsight.

When you call it before it happens everyone calls you negative and says, and I quote, "give him a chance FFS".

Oh, and I was one of those saying the squad he had should be in the play-offs and we needed better than a 'steady manager' before it was too late.

Guess what #1? I was told I was negative and to "get behind him FFS".

Guess what #2? When he failed people talked about hindsight.

I guess we are going to have to go through most of the last 6 years with you after all.

No thanks ,you're fine!

Just now, 47er said:

We had a good team, well capable of making the play-offs and plenty said that on here at the time.

You were on the official site at the time.so you wouldn't have seen it. And 8th or 9th was not decent enough when the play-off cut off at 6th.

A good spotter of talent, or his Dad was, but a poor manager.

In your opinion.

Plenty on here also said that Lambert was a 'great manager' and we were lucky to have him. That has proved to be nonsense. As it was when it was said.

• Like 1

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

In your opinion.

Plenty on here also said that Lambert was a 'great manager' and we were lucky to have him. That has proved to be nonsense. As it was when it was said.

I knew it was my opinion when I posted it!

However you have couched your opinion of Lambert as a fact which has been proven.

Clearly the difference between an opinion and a fact has escaped you. :blink:

• Like 2

Just now, 47er said:

I knew it was my opinion when I posted it!

However you have couched your opinion of Lambert as a fact which has been proven.

Clearly the difference between an opinion and a fact has escaped you. :blink:

Course it's proven! Unless I've missed the myriad of medals & achievements that have confirmed Lambo's greatness?

Edited by blueboy3333