BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

3 hours ago, Athlete said:

We're not in Europe chaddyrovers do a bit of research on senior he's not the DOF anyone would want 

A improvement on the pitch doesn't mean everything In the garden is rosy it is far from chaddyrovers 

I did address saying We have to deal with who we got in that role. If Senior does a good job I will say so. If he does poor I will say so.

Ive never say everything in the garden is rosy have I? I said lets focus on staying up this season..very impressed by Mowbray so far. 

2 minutes ago, Phil T said:

Sounds like Mowbray likes what he sees in Evans. An Evans/Mulgrew midfield pairing could pull the strings against most sides in this league.

Just now, Phil T said:

Cheston and Senior have already alluded to even more cost-cutting this summer. While it's unlikely that Evans would go elsewhere this summer, I wouldn't be too quick to think that we'll be better off without him if I were you!

Evans is one of those players that people think is better than he actually is when he's injured. Can count the games he's played well in on one hand, I don't think we'll miss him when he goes.

On 08/03/2017 at 2:03 PM, booth said:

Someone's taken a picture of it off a TV so that's hardly conclusive evidence as it alters the colours.

And what's to say the television camera that was filming him doesn't suffer from IR contamination, which shows up some black fabrics to have red in them?

Either one or both of the above could render black as claret.

maxresdefault.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen, we've got a nerd in the house.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

If Rovers allow Evans to play for NI when he will obviously not be match fit they are mental.

Having said that I have long suspected that some of Evans apparent injuries are match appearance related.

Yes thought that myself another Strange strategy at Rovers 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Phil T said:

Cheston and Senior have already alluded to even more cost-cutting this summer. While it's unlikely that Evans would go elsewhere this summer, I wouldn't be too quick to think that we'll be better off without him if I were you!

You're right yet some newer poster's and our resident rose tinted poster's think we're in for a exciting summer and the best under Venkys ownership 

• Like 3

Interesting comments from Mulgrew on the dlub website.   Mentions the word organisation quite a bit and how much better it is.

"We defend as a team and we attack as a team so I think just a couple of tweaks here and there and a bit of organisation has really helped in both ways.

"When we are attacking we really have got a plan to lock teams in and everybody is responding well to it so long may it continue.

"It gives us confidence, but the most important thing is the organisation and the way we have played in those games. We probably deserved to win the other night and the first game as well we probably deserved to win.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15149147.___There___s_been_a_big_emphasis_on_that______Charlie_Mulgrew_on_Blackburn_Rovers_becoming_more_organised_under_Tony_Mowbray/?ref=mac

It’s about boxing teams in and having a shape behind the ball when you have it is as important as when you don’t have it. There’s been a big emphasis on that and a lot of the goals earlier in the season were probably from not being in a good shape and I think the manager has sorted that and it’s something we need to continue with".

Mulgrew with a pretty damning indictment of Coyle's coaching ability and  lack of preparation. It's an absolute disgrace that that charlatan was allowed anywhere near our club, and even worse he was allowed to continue for so long. It makes me *@*$*@*%$@ angry what these clown have done to our club. Some days it just hits you in the gut.

At least we now seem to have a proper football man in charge of the team.

Edited by blueboy3333
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15149147.___There___s_been_a_big_emphasis_on_that______Charlie_Mulgrew_on_Blackburn_Rovers_becoming_more_organised_under_Tony_Mowbray/?ref=mac

It’s about boxing teams in and having a shape behind the ball when you have it is as important as when you don’t have it. There’s been a big emphasis on that and a lot of the goals earlier in the season were probably from not being in a good shape and I think the manager has sorted that and it’s something we need to continue with".

Mulgrew with a pretty damning indictment of Coyle's coaching ability and  lack of preparation. It's an absolute disgrace that that charlatan was allowed anywhere near our club, and even worse he was allowed to continue for so long. It makes me *@*$*@*%$@ angry what these clown have done to our club. Some days it just hits you in the gut.

At least we now seem to have a proper football man in charge of the team.

Signs are good so far with Mowbray. Pretty clear the players had totally lost confidence in anything Coyle was trying / not trying. Footballers, if not the brightest academically, do know the game and know what is beneficial / unprofessional. It was obvious they had little respect for the last bloke and zero confidence when the chips were down.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

What was your favourite summer under Venkys?

I know its not aimed at me, but its such a good question and in no way posted to antagonise anyone.

I really enjoyed the summer after we got relegated from the Premiership, that has to be my favourite under Venkys

Looking forward to Championship football, players leaving, all Jack Walkers good work thrown down the toilet and the piece de resistance was the 'Venkys confused' interview, it was great to hear our illustrious owners had everything under control. I could go on, pie and beer queue went down, parking was easier and the standard of football was more at my level, in fact at times I could have gotten a game, so that was my favourite summer under Vnkys.

How about yours?

• Like 1

Just now, Gav said:

I know its not aimed at me, but its such a good question and in no way posted to antagonise anyone.

I really enjoyed the summer after we got relegated from the Premiership, that has to be my favourite under Venkys

Looking forward to Championship football, players leaving, all Jack Walkers good work thrown down the toilet and the piece de resistance was the 'Venkys confused' interview, it was great to hear our illustrious owners had everything under control. I could go on, pie and beer queue went down, parking was easier and the standard of football was more at my level, in fact at times I could have gotten a game, so that was my favourite summer under Vnkys.

How about yours?

I haven't really enjoyed any to be honest.

I am more positive about this one. We have a proper manager, a DOF to improve communications with the owners and some talented young players coming through. 

If you are getting wound up by me saying that I am more optimistic about this summer than I have been of previous summers under Venkys,you need to see a counsellor and learn some stress management techniques. 

Either that or maybe you really enjoyed previous summers under Venkys. In which case,you should also see a counsellor.  

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I haven't really enjoyed any to be honest.

I am more positive about this one. We have a proper manager, a DOF to improve communications with the owners and some talented young players coming through. 

Tony Mowbray walked out of Coventry because he couldn't build a team with free transfers and loanees, the exact same model we operate here, so whilst he's started well, the future is very uncertain, so I'll reserve judgement on him being a proper manager for now, but you go for it.

I could list lots of people brought into the club to improve communication, it never improved anything, it actually got worse and they ended up being sacked.

I can list 1 possibly 2 young players that may come through, one hasn't been offered a new deal despite his contract expiring in months, so he could well walk in the summer, so we're down to 1 maybe.

Aside from that your post makes perfect sense.

• Like 3

On 08/03/2017 at 2:01 PM, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray needed to be replaced at Middlesbrough in order for them to progress and achieve success so if he thinks Steele is his number one to get you results then he's a phoney Tony in my book.

Rovers need a top class keeper in the summer .

Edited by JAL
  • Like 1