BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

Just now, imy9 said:

Love how you have plucked this 25 game figure to suit your argument!

How about a team that lost 16 games out of 31 have now lost 3 in 13, what does that say about the job he has done?

I agree with the point about coaches and transfers to a certain extent...However he deserves praise for what he has done so far, he is also clearly a man of integrity, which gets a thumb up from me.

He does seem a nice guy with integrity but unfortunately nice guys with Integrity doesn't make you the best for the job.. Unfortunately in our perilous position it's not draws we require its wins 

When TM took over he said we needed wins.. His tactics have been bizarre of recent to say the least 

Unfortunately I've not picked that 25 games out of thin air.. Wish I had 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Athlete said:

Ha ha... In the not too distant past you was championing Steele over Robinson.. How's the chadometer doing 

again more rubbish posted again.

I have already answered this several times and I'm not going to keep over the same thing time after time. so very boring and so time consuming.

wonder how the your boring meter is doing? probably going into over drive.

All you do is keep going over the past and for some reason its like you are stalking me

• Backroom
43 minutes ago, imy9 said:

Love how you have plucked this 25 game figure to suit your argument!

How about a team that lost 16 games out of 31 have now lost 3 in 13, what does that say about the job he has done?

I agree with the point about coaches and transfers to a certain extent...However he deserves praise for what he has done so far, he is also clearly a man of integrity, which gets a thumb up from me.

Mowbray has tightened us up defensively, and made us more difficult to beat. Unfortunately he has not been able to instill a winning mentality into our players, or erase the cowardice from their character. As Gav said, you can motivate and plan all day long, but if the players are crap the effect will be limited. That's what we've seen since Mowbray arrived.

Other than the injury prone Mulgrew we have no quality in our team. It's a squad full of misfits, has-beens and never have beens. We're going down because we've sold all of our best players and replaced them with absolute garbage and cast offs from teams in the same division. Not too dissimilar from when we were dumped out of the PL. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

again more rubbish posted again.

I have already answered this several times and I'm not going to keep over the same thing time after time. so very boring and so time consuming.

wonder how the your boring meter is doing? probably going into over drive.

All you do is keep going over the past and for some reason its like you are stalking me

Did you prefer Steele over Robinson or not chaddyrovers 

You contradict yourself constantly 

10 hours ago, DE. said:

Mowbray has tightened us up defensively, and made us more difficult to beat. Unfortunately he has not been able to instill a winning mentality into our players, or erase the cowardice from their character. As Gav said, you can motivate and plan all day long, but if the players are crap the effect will be limited. That's what we've seen since Mowbray arrived.

Other than the injury prone Mulgrew we have no quality in our team. It's a squad full of misfits, has-beens and never have beens. We're going down because we've sold all of our best players and replaced them with absolute garbage and cast offs from teams in the same division. Not too dissimilar from when we were dumped out of the PL. 

In football it's about a balance from defending and being tight/resolute without stumping the attacking prowess of the side. That was Coyle's problem, happy to score 2 in a 3-2 defeat five times! BUT couldn't keep the back door shut.

Mowbray is suffering from the other way around, too rigid throughout the team and it's stunted the attack.

I haven"t made my mind up about Mowbray yet. Given the hand he picked up he hasn't had much to play with. he does at least seem honest and decent

He has made us more difficult to beat and he has given us at least a chance to stay up when we would have been relegated already under Coyle.

However if we have to win both our last games, nothing suggests we could do that.We'd need a bit of flair and bravery for that and I agree with whoever said we should start with Graham upfront and Emnes just behind him. What Agbonlehor(sp?) will do to our centre-backs is a worry though. 

Iv been very pro TM since he's come in, iv liked his honesty and he cuts the BS out n says it fairly straight. We are definitely hard to beat he's got the back more organised and he's given us a chance of staying up so credit to that but, I felt he was too slow to go for it on Saturday. I accepted the plan for the first half stay compact go in level but that's when he should have thrown the kitchen sink at it. 

It felt like he was giving 15 mins of pressure at the end hoping that we would score and then there wasn't  enough time to concede late on, but really he didn't allocated enough time to get the goal and we fizzled out with a draw. With 3 games left and we need 3 pointers to survive it was a poor decision and I think we should have thrown caution out the window after half time and the instructions should have been go for it lads.

4 hours ago, Athlete said:

Did you prefer Steele over Robinson or not chaddyrovers 

You contradict yourself constantly 

How did I contradict myself when I already explain the reasons why I prefer Steele over Robinson plus highlights Robinson's weaknesses several times(to the point its getting boring as hell. Plus I suggestion the perfect replacement for Robinson which was Westwood who went to Sheff Wed on a free when he left Sunderland. 

Suggestion Westwood on the 3rd May 2014. Was asked about Steele thing in 2016 aswell

Here a link just for you

https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/topic/31284-championship-201617-season/&do=findComment&comment=1683431

But all you interested is me and my past. Its like I'm being stalked by an ex or something. Very strange and weird your obsession with me

Edited by chaddyrovers

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

How did I contradict myself when I already explain the reasons why I prefer Steele over Robinson plus highlights Robinson's weaknesses several times(to the point its getting boring as hell. Plus I suggestion the perfect replacement for Robinson which was Westwood who went to Sheff Wed on a free when he left Sunderland. 

Suggestion Westwood on the 3rd May 2014. Was asked about Steele thing in 2016 aswell

Here a link just for you

https://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php?/topic/31284-championship-201617-season/&do=findComment&comment=1683431

But all you interested is me and my past. Its like I'm being stalked by an ex or something. Very strange and weird your obsession with me

You change your mind more than the wind changes direction 

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Here a link just for you

This was on BRFCS in 2016.

Last year's news.

• Like 2

I have heard today from two unconnected people that Mowbray is experiencing problems with a small but significant number of senior players who quite simply have no interest in playing. His comments lately to the Telegraph seem to support that, when reading between the lines.

Emnes is the one name mentioned to me but it appears there are others. I don't suppose I should be suprised that a bunch of overpaid journeymen with no affiliation to the club, nor any intention of staying beyond the end of the season seemingly couldn't care less, but it still hurts to hear. 

My Brentford trip is officially cancelled!

Just now, Colt Seavers said:

I have heard today from two unconnected people that Mowbray is experiencing problems with a small but significant number of senior players who quite simply have no interest in playing. His comments lately to the Telegraph seem to support that, when reading between the lines.

Emnes is the one name mentioned to me but it appears there are others. I don't suppose I should be suprised that a bunch of overpaid journeymen with no affiliation to the club, nor any intention of staying beyond the end of the season seemingly couldn't care less, but it still hurts to hear. 

I was wondering about Emnes. He is arguably our biggest danger man, but he has hardly featured over the past few games. 

I would get Danny Graham back in if he is fit. I'm not sure about Gallagher albeit he does score the odd goal. 

5 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

If that is true, TM must leave them out completely and only include in the squad those who want to give their all for the team, even if that means bringing some of the under 23s into the squad.

• Like 4

• Backroom
55 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Emnes has been bothered once all season - at home to Utd. There's a reason nobody can get a tune out of him.

Yep, he's massively overrated on here based on a couple of decent performances and goals. He has talent and some skill in his locker, but one look at his career stats will tell you he has never consistently produced and likely never will. There's a reason he's here and it isn't because he's particularly good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colt Seavers said:

Probably why Joao and Emnes haven't started the last 3 games. wouldn't surprise me if Gallagher is one. He hasnt looked interested much recently. probably since Coyle left. Some people on Saturday were saying after the game that Gallagher cant wait to go back to Southampton.

how many is a significant number btw? thanks in advance

But this is the probably with so many loan players

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I was wondering about Emnes. He is arguably our biggest danger man, but he has hardly featured over the past few games. 

I would get Danny Graham back in if he is fit. I'm not sure about Gallagher albeit he does score the odd goal. 

For Emnes has the skills to be a good player at this level but far too many times he is lazy and doesn't work hard enough for the time.

Sorry for the late reply Chaddy; just seen your post.

I'm not entirely sure how many players are involved in this but I think I can speculate with a degree of accuracy.

Steele- I wanted him replaced months ago. Mowbray knows him of old. I believe Mowbray wanted Raya in several games earlier but didn't want to destroy Steele. When Steele visibly demonstrated an 'injury' the other week during a home game (Preston?), I didn't believe he was genuinely injured. I think his confidence is completely shot and he wanted to be rested.

Hoban- I know some like him but I haven't been impressed since his return. Wasn't he dropped for the last game? A strange decision if true. Isn't he a loanee and therefore leaving soon?

Feeney- he is a Coyle man and Mowbray has publicly had a problem with him since day one. Feeney has infuriated Mowbray in my opinion.

Gallagher- another Coyle man and far worse under Mowbray.

Graham - anyone who saw his innocuous 'hip injury' within minutes of coming on the other week would have to be sceptical. He certainly seemed to recover remarkably quickly to now be back in contention. Can anyone honestly say his body language this season has been indicative of a happy player?

Stokes- wtf!!

Corry Evans- see Stokes/Graham above

Where is Greer?

Akpan- incongrously arrived in a taxi before the last home game. Not sure that is partuicularly relevant to this thread but he played like he he had been on the ale.

Guthrie- I rate him but I think he is a gobby scouser who rubs managers up the wrong way. I bet he would offer an interesting view on the season after a few pints!

Emnes /Joao - big buddies and travelling companions. Very talented but absolutely zero interest in our club. A bad influence on each other and collectively, a manager's basic nightmare.

I see Raya, Conway, Mulgrew, Lenihan, Lowe, Nyambe,Williams and Mahoney as the flip side of the coin and basically the good guys.

I called relegation before a ball was kicked and I call it now. Mowbray must be gutted. He is a genuine good guy surrounded by scoundrels and wastrels. 

Oh, for a Kevin Moran or a Craig Bellamy! Even an Ian Miller or a Robbie Savage!

• Like 4

Yet again this is the mess Venkys have created and it's certainly influenced for the worst by certain sets of agents still being allowed to foist their crap on us via @#/? like Coyle & co.

Said it before but are these lot being paid correctly ? The shocking fitness and attitude of some of the full time pros won't help set much of an example to the ones loaned in. Maybe they have pay off clauses written in their contracts on relegation it wouldn't surprise me and even ones like Lowe and Bennett just basically go through the motions giving the impression they're busting a gut.

If they all take being at Ewood as serious as Stokes has it's no wonder we are in the crap but letting people like Coyle and his 'contacts' recruit contract players and you end up paying the price.

I fully expect nothing less than Mike Cheston to resign if we are relegated after putting his name to that one in the interests of covering the real story.

7 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

I'm not entirely sure how many players are involved in this but I think I can speculate with a degree of accuracy.

Steele- I wanted him replaced months ago. Mowbray knows him of old. I believe Mowbray wanted Raya in several games earlier but didn't want to destroy Steele. When Steele visibly demonstrated an 'injury' the other week during a home game (Preston?), I didn't believe he was genuinely injured. I think his confidence is completely shot and he wanted to be rested.

Hoban- I know some like him but I haven't been impressed since his return. Wasn't he dropped for the last game? A strange decision if true. Isn't he a loanee and therefore leaving soon?

Feeney- he is a Coyle man and Mowbray has publicly had a problem with him since day one. Feeney has infuriated Mowbray in my opinion.

Graham - anyone who saw his innocuous 'hip injury' within minutes of coming on the other week would have to be sceptical. He certainly seemed to recover remarkably quickly to now be back in contention. Can anyone honestly say his body language this season has been indicative of a happy player?

Stokes- wtf!!

Where is Greer?

Akpan- incongrously arrived in a taxi before the last home game. Not sure that is partuicularly relevant to this thread but he played like he he had been on the ale.

Guthrie- I rate him but I think he is a gobby scouser who rubs managers up the wrong way. I bet he would offer an interesting view on the season after a few pints!

Emnes /Joao - big buddies and travelling companions. Very talented but absolutely zero interest in our club. A bad influence on each other and collectively, a manager's basic nightmare.

I see Raya, Conway, Mulgrew, Lenihan, Lowe, Nyambe,Williams and Mahoney as the flip side of the coin and basically the good guys.

I called relegation before a ball was kicked and I call it now. Mowbray must be gutted. He is a genuine good guy surrounded by scoundrels and wastrels. 

Oh, for a Kevin Moran or a Craig Bellamy! Even an Ian Miller or a Robbie Savage!

Yet this season's template is the one to be used next season,at an intensified level. Young ones will learn bad habits from their elder loanees.

We will never prosper under Venkys

39 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

I'm not entirely sure how many players are involved in this but I think I can speculate with a degree of accuracy.........

Really interesting insights and we can all agree there must be a reason why our more talented players have been seriously AWOL since early April.  

Your comments on Joao and Emnes may be our only chance against Villa. The interplay between them against Bristol was more or less the only quality in the whole game and maybe the fact that they're buddies will encourage them to link up effectively against Villa if only to entertain themselves. I would start them both as without Emnes, Joao reverts to his baby giraffe impression. Alongside Emnes against PNE he was outstanding for an hour before Mowbray made the substitutions that in my view showed the players that he is not the coach his inspirational speeches had claimed he was. This was the moment the players gave up in my opinion. Flaky confidence and in the end, as Seavers sources confirm, a lack of loyalty or belonging or personal integrity or mental strength has resulted in them giving up on their adopted team 4 weeks early. 

An Emnes /Joao front 2, relieved of any defensive duties would be enough to beat a very ineffective Villa side who's fans (and some players) will be quietly happy with a defeat. 

Any other front pairing will result in a draw which will mean we are relegated despite Birmingham failing to secure another single point....

(...strange what spews from your fingers when you're tired and very emotional...)

Edited by garnersfags

1 hour ago, Colt Seavers said:

Stokes- wtf!!

Where is Greer?

The first post Ive read this morning since waking up.

I suspect all true.

I am going to have a cry and go back to bed for the day.