BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

Dress it up however you want the simple fact remains that Forest and Rovers have been bent over and shafted and Big Club have been gifted 3 points.

The fact that all 3 Clubs are dysfunctional for many different reasons is totally irrelevant.

However those teams performed in previous games is irrelevant.

The fact that we are owned by feckin Venkys is irrelevant to this argument.

Big Club were in the crap too and received a 3 point gift.

That is simply wrong.

If teams are permitted to do whatever they want in open disregard of rules then why are we complaining when Club owners act badly?

Its their Club let them do what they want.

6 hours ago, 47er said:

What Huddersfield did was probably to send us down. Relegation should not be a lottery, depending on which team you play when.

The problem is that the punishment ie a fine, is nowhere near sufficient to deter would-be wrong-doers and every year sees the rule broken with impunity. And the football authorities do nothing as usual.

In the end though, we are in this vulnerable position because of short-comings throughout the squad and throughout the Club which have been obvious and nothing was done about them either.

As relevant as the above is we are now in a deeper vulnerable position because of the action of Wagner in favour of 'Arry Barrow Boy.

In the recent past we have had a situation with similarities. Kean picked an under strength team at Cardiff in the League Cup Quarter Final and Rovers fans were enraged by this. I recall this board going into meltdown. To be fair this was compounded by his stupid 'forfeit' comment. In my opinion it's exactly the same principle that fans pay good money and should be given the strongest team available on the day. With eight days between games Huddersfield have no excuse for not playing the nucleus of players who won at Wolves.

They will receive a token fine with a suspended threat not to do it again from a weak EFL Board. 

Edited by arbitro
Spelling mistake.
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, NinjaTattoo said:

if it was brentford this sunday would you complain.

fact of the matter is teams have been doing it for years whilst some teams didnt break any rules per say other teams get punished for this big grey area of a rule.

and again my argument is how do you determin which player is stronger or weaker than another.

Whats next a club getting fined for playing 541...

1. Please keep up. I have already stated that it would be embarassing to lose to Brentford Bee's ;)

2. A Clubs manager does that already. That's why some players play more games than others :wacko::wacko::wacko:

3. Absolutely a big Yes. :rover:

Just now, Athlete said:

All the talk of huddersfield is clutching at straws we are in the position we are through venkys not huddersfield town 

I don't think anybody is disagreeing with you. What Huddersfield did was wrong, they broke the rules and should be punished. That is what the majority of people are saying.

• Like 2

We will 'keep it tight and try and nick a goal' says Mowbray. 

Risky strategy when we in all likelyhood have to get 3 points...

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15259962._We_have_to_put_that_doubt_in_everyone___s_mind____Rovers_head_coach_looks_to_put_pressure_on_relegation_rivals/?ref=mac

• Like 3

Just now, Mattyblue said:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15259962._We_have_to_put_that_doubt_in_everyone___s_mind____Rovers_head_coach_looks_to_put_pressure_on_relegation_rivals/?ref=mac

Agreed. How, exactly, is that going to , "put doubt in people's minds?"

I'm not suggesting we should go hung ho, but we have to be more positive than at Wolves.

Playing for a draw in a game we need to win.

Not liking the sound of it at all.

• Backroom
Just now, Mattyblue said:

That's been our strategy in most of Mowbray's games and part of the reason why we've picked up so many draws. In a full season of 46 games this type of approach would almost certainly have kept us up, but it isn't what's required now. I hope that's just a smokescreen, though based on the last month or so it probably isn't.

47 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I don't think anybody is disagreeing with you. What Huddersfield did was wrong, they broke the rules and should be punished. That is what the majority of people are saying.

We'd would have done the same... Even if huddersfield would of played a full side they wouldn't have been all out 

29 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I was feeling much more positive about Sunday today until I read that.

Just now, Athlete said:

We'd would have done the same... Even if huddersfield would of played a full side they wouldn't have been all out 

What does your crystal ball say about Sunday?

Just now, Athlete said:

Maybe we would but that doesn't make it right what Huddersfield did.

The rules say you're only allowed to start a game with 11 players on the pitch. I'm sure if they could managers would love to start with 12 or 13 as that would give them an advantage over rivals, but they aren't allowed.

The rules say that whilst competing in the Championship you must field your strongest side, so when a manager makes 10 changes between Wednesday and Saturday it is a blatant breach of that rule. The manager might want to rest players en masse and essentially write a game off as the play-offs are already secured, but unfortunately rules are rules and must be strictly enforced.

If that manager, his players or Huddersfield fans don't like it then they should write to the 'EFL' and complain and ask for the rule to be removed, but until it is they should abide by it or suffer the consequences.

I'm sure if Huddersfield had made 4-5 changes for the game then they could have argued that it wasn't a second string side. But their manager said:

"We will now make the right decisions in the next two games to keep everybody fresh for the play-offs. Today we celebrate"

Following that he made 10 changes to his starting 11 between Wednesday and Saturday. That is as blatant as it can get.

The 'EFL' have already said that the only action under consideration is direct against Huddersfield i.e. a slap on the wrist fine and a nice timely boost to the coffers for the boys down at HQ.

The rules are the rules. All clubs sign up for them in advance. We've suffered at the hands of rules which on the surface appear daft e.g. FFP, our complaints fell on deaf ears as we'd had ample time to prepare. Huddersfield have earned themselves a place in the play-offs and a chance to get to the Premier League. They haven't earned themselves the right to break the rules to give players a rest and affect the relegation scrap in doing so.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

In the recent past we have had a situation with similarities. Kean picked an under strength team at Cardiff in the League Cup Quarter Final and Rovers fans were enraged by this. I recall this board going into meltdown. To be fair this was compounded by his stupid 'forfeit' comment. In my opinion it's exactly the same principle that fans pay good money and should be given the strongest team available on the day. With eight days between games Huddersfield have no excuse for not playing the nucleus of players who won at Wolves.

They will receive a token fine with a suspended threat not to do it again from a weak EFL Board. 

Rev please note! :mellow:

Just now, JHRover said:

The rules say you're only allowed to start a game with 11 players on the pitch. I'm sure if they could managers would love to start with 12 or 13 as that would give them an advantage over rivals, but they aren't allowed.

The rules say that whilst competing in the Championship you must field your strongest side, so when a manager makes 10 changes between Wednesday and Saturday it is a blatant breach of that rule. The manager might want to rest players en masse and essentially write a game off as the play-offs are already secured, but unfortunately rules are rules and must be strictly enforced.

If that manager, his players or Huddersfield fans don't like it then they should write to the 'EFL' and complain and ask for the rule to be removed, but until it is they should abide by it or suffer the consequences.

I'm sure if Huddersfield had made 4-5 changes for the game then they could have argued that it wasn't a second string side. But their manager said:

"We will now make the right decisions in the next two games to keep everybody fresh for the play-offs. Today we celebrate"

Following that he made 10 changes to his starting 11 between Wednesday and Saturday. That is as blatant as it can get.

The 'EFL' have already said that the only action under consideration is direct against Huddersfield i.e. a slap on the wrist fine and a nice timely boost to the coffers for the boys down at HQ.

The rules are the rules. All clubs sign up for them in advance. We've suffered at the hands of rules which on the surface appear daft e.g. FFP, our complaints fell on deaf ears as we'd had ample time to prepare. Huddersfield have earned themselves a place in the play-offs and a chance to get to the Premier League. They haven't earned themselves the right to break the rules to give players a rest and affect the relegation scrap in doing so.

Huddersfield's flagrant disregard for the rules may cost us our Championship status, our Academy status, our manager, our better players and millions and millions of extra £ debt. It may send us into administration or even liquidation. Whatever happens League 1 will have serious ramifications for this football club. It may even hasten Venky's departure.

On the other hand it will cost Huddersfield about £50k in fines.

Big Club to go down and Huddersfield to stay down will be a perfect end to a dreadful season.

• Like 1

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Huddersfield's flagrant disregard for the rules may cost us our Championship status, our Academy status, our manager, our better players and millions and millions of extra £ debt. It may send us into administration or even liquidation. Whatever happens League 1 will have serious ramifications for this football club. It may even hasten Venky's departure.

On the other hand it will cost Huddersfield about £50k in fines.

Big Club to go down and Huddersfield to stay down will be a perfect end to a dreadful season.

Add in the lost jobs at the Club and in the Town.

If Venkys leave after this probable relegation I will send Wagner a cake. My Thai wife is however a crap confectioner.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

For whatever reason Mowbray has decided that keeping 'it tight and try and nick a goal' is our best chance of winning games. Probably because the team is slow and unfit on the whole. Championship teams are normally the opposite. 

Brentford play good football, are under no pressure and are good at home. If we go there  to attack and outplay them there's a good chance the game will be over after half an hour. If they get a couple early on it will become an end of season carnival @#/?-take. The longer we keep it at 0-0 the more not arsed Brentford and the crowd will become. I'd imagine the plan, like the Villa match, is to kill the game first half and then apply some pressure in the 2nd when we've bored them into submission:D

It's obviously a gamble playing this way when we need to win but I don't see he has a choice with the players he's got and the fact we are away from home against a side that have hammered better teams than us.

Anyway, have a good day out and hopefully there'll be load of Rovers players jumping into the crowd at the end of the game in celebration, just like Duffy when he scored there for us.

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

As with the Bristol City game, exactly the opposite approa ch to what is needed. If we want to put doubt in people's minds we need to get an early goa,l take complete control of the match and go in at HT a couole of goals to the good.

We could coast along for 75 mins "keeping it tight" then if Brum and Forest Nick a goal we could find ourselves with the impossible task of having to score 3 goals in the last 15 mins when we could have been spending the first 75 trying to get on the scoresheet.

The more I hear and see from Mowbray the less convinced I am by him. Of course if we do try that approach and others lose then he looks like a genius but we should be trying to be proactive rather than hoping others fail to bail us out.

Just now, Suhail Slayer said:

It's more important not to go gung ho from the off and find ourselves 2-0 down after 10 minutes.

At 0-0 we have the ability to assess tactics and other scores during the course of the 90 mins

i.e. keeping some level of control which we won't have if we are down and out before half time.

In Tony we trust

Nonsense. It'd be pretty handy if we were two up after 10 mins. And we wont have any control if we get to half time 0-!0 and the others have gone for it and are 2 up.

We need to strike first.

• Like 1

• Backroom

I do feel for Mowbray he's got a couple of things wrong but we would have been comfy over a season with him over Coyle.

Its going to be horrible seeing Arry lauded as a genius when he was handed survival on a plate by Huddersfield

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Tom said:

I do feel for Mowbray he's got a couple of things wrong but we would have been comfy over a season with him over Coyle.

Its going to be horrible seeing Arry lauded as a genius when he was handed survival on a plate by Huddersfield

They basically needed to win one game and made very hard work of that against Huddersfield's reserves. There are serious problems at Big Club and if they don't bring in the right manager (how about that Gary Rowett fella?) they have to be among the favourites to drop next season.