BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

If they don't go or do a 360 in the way things are done then it really is just a question of what comes first going bust or going into non league. Really that simple they've broken every other bad record at the club so the next one will be 4 tier for first time ever.

13 minutes ago, tomphil said:

If they don't go or do a 360 in the way things are done then it really is just a question of what comes first going bust or going into non league. Really that simple they've broken every other bad record at the club so the next one will be 4 tier for first time ever.

Watching Hartlepool slip out of the league did make me wonder just how easily that could be us with a couple more years of Venkys ownership.

Founder members and winners completely wiped out by Venkys incompetence/neglect. Not selling but not doing the right things either.

How far do we have to fall before "there's nothing we can do" becomes "we have to do something"?

• Like 4

Just now, Stuart said:

Watching Hartlepool slip out of the league did make me wonder just how easily that could be us with a couple more years of Venkys ownership.

Founder members and winners completely wiped out by Venkys incompetence/neglect. Not selling but not doing the right things either.

How far do we have to fall before "there's nothing we can do" becomes "we have to do something"?

If we had a real board of directors or still banked with Barclay's then their hand could have been forced  by seizing control of the club. The way they've done stuff though prevents anything like that and it makes you wonder if that was planned.  Non league is inevitable IMO and it's a pity the pie suppliers can't force admin :(

When Tony Mowbray goes for his meeting about next season it should be face to face with one or more of the Raos who inform him that Senior has been potted, that he as manager will be solely responsible for  choosing players within the allocated budget and any money saved on Seniors wage will be added to the kitty.

What the hell do we need a Director of Football for in League 1 and how much has he earnt already off the Club for the dubious privilege of bringing in Joao on loan.?

I've nothing against Joao per se but neither manager seemed inclined to pick him as he wasn't their choice. Ludicrous.

• Like 5

• 9 months later...
36 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

An article that would have been better left until AFTER promotion from L1 is successfully achieved.

Whilst always suspected I don't see the point of such official confirmation that senior players wanted to jump ship after relegation.

Ok perhaps a tribute to TMs negotating skills and the lure of money.

Maybe goes some way to explaining or suggesting an explanation for early season poor performance and some players perceived attitudes.

An early apportionment of blame in case............

• Like 1

No denying Mowbray has done a great job unifying and motivating the players. In fact he has done a brilliantly outstanding job.

The article itself doesn't reveal anything new or anything we didn't already know.

It confirms that failure to win promotion at the first attempt would be a potential catastrophe reading between the lines.

But that is understood- several posters are writing "another Cup Final" and "13 games to save our Club"  before every fixture so we fans have got that message loud and clear.

I found this comment interesting.

“Coming back after that meeting I felt positive and as if we could have a chance, that they (the owners) weren’t just taking all of the money out of the business, and there was going to be support and we could build a team.

3 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Evans would be one people are forgetting about. Doesn’t look like he’s wanted to be here since he’s come the club.

Signed in 2013 on a 3 year contract, extended in 2015 by 4 years plus the Northern Ireland excuse clause (ok I made that up).

He's been on easy street at Rovers, would be mad to force a move.

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Evans would be one people are forgetting about. Doesn’t look like he’s wanted to be here since he’s come the club.

I agree Gavlar but if he did want away a bit of good form out on the pitch would have helped his cause. Going off what I've seen he's not good enough for our first team never mind a team playing at a higher level.

2 minutes ago, Glosrover said:

I'd say Evans based on performances this season,  maybe Samuel

Didn't we sign Samuel in the summer?

Gotta love Big Tone, regardless of whether you think he's amazing, average or somewhere in between his heart is in the right place. Or at least he comes across like it is. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I agree Gavlar but if he did want away a bit of good form out on the pitch would have helped his cause. Going off what I've seen he's not good enough for our first team never mind a team playing at a higher level.

Oh I agree. You can count on a couple of fingers the number of decent games he’s had for us. No doubt playing regularly for a  country doing relatively well has likely gone to his head too. Best all round if he clears off this summer, providing we can get a taker.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

• Backroom

Fairly sure Mulgrew and Graham would definitely be two of the players who felt like they should be playing in a higher division and weren't part of the bigger problem. In Charlie's case fair enough, Graham less so. Seems like it was only around December time that Graham finally stopped sulking and started getting on with it, maybe after realising nobody else was interested in him and his best chance of keeping his current wage would be for us to renew his contract if we got promoted and he played a big part in it.

Mulgrew his been superb from day one so credit to him. We all know he's too good for this division but he's taken on the challenge and been a game changer for us on numerous occasions. 

Wouldn't surprise me if Conway was one of those wanting out. Has been poor this season. Could just be that his legs have gone, but he's never been a pacy player so I'm not convinced. Seems more like he's just not there mentally this season.