BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

11 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

Have to agree ! Stuart wanted a fanfare and a parade around the pitch ..probably the last thing TM would want! 

We ve done exactly what Sheff Utd did when they came up,exceeded expectations and then slowly finding our place. What TM does in the next couple of transfer windows is going to be more important than a couple of defeats. Stay up consolidate move on.

Can you read? Or are you just trying to be clever?

Parson was always going to say it was perfect timing. Just as Chaddy was always going to kiss his ring.

I presume nobody at your school supports Preston or Wigan then?

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Im sure he is a nice guy, Ive no real interest in meeting him, Ive not met him, it has no bearing on my opinion of him as a football manager. I like him because overall hes done a good job, not because hes a nice bloke.

Every manager tries to explain themselves but it doesnt mean that they are right. Hes explained why he signed Rodwell as a centre back, I dont agree with it even though it had a small hint of logic to it, and it hasnt worked. Im not going to credit him for doing something counter-productive simply because he explained his supposed logic in a press conference prior.

He has done a lot of good, my point was that people may question a manager if at any point aspects of a long term plan dont seem to be fitting. Many of his summer signings havent really done much, nor do they appear to have a specific role within Mowbrays plan at the moment. They are talented players but not necessarily best suited to playing the roles theyve been signed for. That doesnt give me much confidence that 2 more windows worth of his signings would leave us well equipped for promotion. Just pleading for patience isnt a counter-argument to that point.

Can you please stop banging on about people talking about sacking him. Removing potentially Mercerman (who himself has more hinted and implied than said it) no one that I have seen has suggested it so stop using it as a shield to make people look stupid.

Mowbray does have enough credit in the bank, people arent arguing against that. Recent performances/results, especially the last 2, will always cause a lot ot criticism.

Well honest and integrity is a important part of being Blackburn Rovers manager after the past 10 years. I think the 2 transfer windows signings strategy is understandable and following similar to Wilder(who I rated very highly) at Sheff Utd. We need 2 or 3 signings each window and keep improving the current squad aswell which will involved certain players to leave who will not be good enough for a promotion push. 

Well he aint going anywhere any time soon is he? delighted about the new contract

1 minute ago, Stuart said:

Can you read? Or are you just trying to be clever?

Parson was always going to say it was perfect timing. Just as Chaddy was always going to kiss his ring.

I presume nobody at your school supports Preston or Wigan then?

Im sorry you ve had a bad week Stuart getting stick ..maybe you should grow a pair and tell um to f@ ck right off …?

Meanwhile il go to work in Burnley with my head held up high ..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well honest and integrity is a important part of being Blackburn Rovers manager after the past 10 years. I think the 2 transfer windows signings strategy is understandable and following similar to Wilder(who I rated very highly) at Sheff Utd. We need 2 or 3 signings each window and keep improving the current squad aswell which will involved certain players to leave who will not be good enough for a promotion push. 

Well he aint going anywhere any time soon is he? delighted about the new contract

The main thing that Kean and Coyle had in common is that they were bloody hopeless managers. If they were doing well do you really think people would have disliked them?

He signed 7 players, with only Reed (a loan) so far proving to be an unqualified success. The squad has certainly more quality than when Mowbray arrived and he gets more from those who he inherited but it is also too imbalanced with many players struggling to find any consistency.

Wilder signs players for their specific positions. Mowbray in the summer didnt.

6 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

Im sorry you ve had a bad week Stuart getting stick ..maybe you should grow a pair and tell um to f@ ck right off …?

Meanwhile il go to work in Burnley with my head held up high ..

I’ll swap you. Used to work in Bumley. Nobbers are worse!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Batman. said:

I really hope this thread trails off in this direction. What's inbetween a walk and a jog? A trot? Or is a trot faster than a jog? How does this equate to league position?

Would probably say that we're doing that weird Olympic walk thing. It's a good pace, but we can't let our feet leave the ground.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'd be surprised if he's still here in 2022. Just saying.

It is a hell of a long contract. 

I like Mowbray and am willing him to succeed so I a am pleased he has been given an extension.

However, the thought of his conservative style of football for the next 4 years doesn't really excite me too much. 

• Like 1

Good news and given our start to the season probably deserved.

In practice it doesn't mean very much other than it symbolises that the decision makers have faith in him and want him to continue. In practice it may make him happy but the reality is if he does really well and wants to move on he will and if results nosedive he will be under intense pressure regardless.

Don't think it is too long. 2022 is 3 seasons after this and only another couple on top of his original deal. Hardly Moyes 6 years at United or Pardews 8 at Newcastle. 

Suspect that this has been teed up for some time and the announcement saved for the best moment e.g. off the back of two horrific defeats to calm everyone down and show some faith in the manager.

• Like 1

Good news last two results aside its been a decent start to the season and gives us a platform to push on, I think he deserves a new contract. I like the fact he's talking us up better squad and looking at going up the guys got ambitions for us I can't think of anyone else ( relative to our level ) who I would rather have in charge. 

2 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

Excellent news. no better way for the owners to show their faith in the manager and indicates that one or two bad results won't lead to wholesale changes 

Not sure that waa the case when you know who got a new deal ? take it all with a big pinch of salt 

Not sure I'd of been throwing round a 3.5 year deal though. 1 year at the most. Last year he didn't even quite achieve what he should with the best team and resources in League 1 (1st) and this year he's not showing he can be the man to get us where we need to be sooner rather than later to finally get rid of the parasites whilst the debt is still wipeable by the rewards on offer.. He's a footings man rather than the Messiah and a 1 year rolling would have been more than sufficient.

As for showing faith he'll be sacked quick sharp if the situation arose, just as he'd be off quicker sharp if a better placed offer came up. There is no loyalty in football and potentially burdening youtself with having to give another manager a big payoff isn't good business.

Edited by Rover_Shaun
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

The main thing that Kean and Coyle had in common is that they were bloody hopeless managers. If they were doing well do you really think people would have disliked them?

He signed 7 players, with only Reed (a loan) so far proving to be an unqualified success. The squad has certainly more quality than when Mowbray arrived and he gets more from those who he inherited but it is also too imbalanced with many players struggling to find any consistency.

Wilder signs players for their specific positions. Mowbray in the summer didnt.

We never know the answer to that question will we? 

Mowbray did do that but he hasn't given some of them proper chance so far like Brereton and Rothwell

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Batman. said:

I really hope this thread trails off in this direction. What's inbetween a walk and a jog? A trot? Or is a trot faster than a jog? How does this equate to league position?

Maintaining a jog, trot or canter should be the minimum expectation rather than learning to walk.  A sprint here and there would be great following the amble of the last couple of matches.  

Clear enough?