BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Playing the buying very young English players is a risky game. That's why I thought the Brereton deal was a gamble we didn't need to take. Two or three seasons back the " Brereton " was Zac Clough at Bolton.  Loads of big clubs were casting an eye over him but Forest pulled the trigger and signed him for a substantial fee. He can't get a game on loan at Rochdale at the moment.

I think somebody is now advising them to only spend big on the Brereton types and we'll have a great team in a few years worth 100 million it seems the type of advice that would get their juices flowing again.

Nothing wrong with that if you let the manager mix and match a bit to give a good team to blend these so called exiting youngsters into with the aim being promotion not to make money another way. If he eyes a good 28 year old centre back for a few million who might not really increase in value but will give good service for 4 years let him get him in !

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The one thing that I find perplexing is the focus on the extra windows required. Surely thats only a strong argument if past windows had highlighted a consistently strong window by window improvement in terms of recruitment? Im not convinced it has. 

The first window, he signed Dack which proved as a catalyst for improvement. The overall summer was mixed but the likes of Smallwood, Downing and Antonsson were all useful short term in League 1. There were a lot of players that have fallen by the wayside since, Whittingham, Samuel, Hart, Gladwin to name but 4. 

The second window, Armstrong was a particularly good short term signing, Payne and Bell where much less successful, the former wasnt played in his natural position.

The latest summer window was possibly the worst for him in terms of he had ample resources, he signed 7 players and only really Reed has established himself, and even then he is moved from centre to out wide and back too often. Rodwell isnt a centre back, Brereton, Palmer and Rothwell arent wide players and Armstrong likewise and hasnt been good enough.

Considering hes had 3 windows. We look really poor at left back, we only have 2 competent centre backs, one right back, one trusted centre forward and no one anything like securing the wide positions. Thats a chronic lack of balance in the squad.

If you look at the team Mowbray would naturally revert back to, Raya, Lenihan, Mulgrew, Nyambe, Williams, Evans, Bennett and Graham would almost certainly be in it. Im not sure that the team has improved much since he joined nearly 2 years ago. In terms of building and progressing window by window, thats a concern.

Obviously he has done a lot of good for the club and certainly shouldnt be sacked anytime soon or anything like that but its just a point that I felt needed raising on the constant bleating for patience as he needs x more windows. He should have done better/more in the windows hes already had and he needs to be better in terms of player recruitment.

Mowbray 3 transfer window came AFTER we got promotion. Last season was about promotion and nothing else. 

Mowbray said he would give last season players a proper chance but after the last 2 games I expect to see them play less some of them like Smallwood, Evans. Armstrong has been poor which is a shock apart from their Leeds performance. I expect we will see Brereton and Rothwell more now. 

chronic lack of balance in the squad? really? Hasn't Mowbray already explained how he wants to play his wide players in the 4-2-3-1 formation. 

certainly shouldn't be sacked anytime soon? well I hope not considering he just signed a new contract yesterday. Mowbray isn't going anywhere for a while

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray 3 transfer window came AFTER we got promotion. Last season was about promotion and nothing else. 

Mowbray said he would give last season players a proper chance but after the last 2 games I expect to see them play less some of them like Smallwood, Evans. Armstrong has been poor which is a shock apart from their Leeds performance. I expect we will see Brereton and Rothwell more now. 

chronic lack of balance in the squad? really? Hasn't Mowbray already explained how he wants to play his wide players in the 4-2-3-1 formation. 

certainly shouldn't be sacked anytime soon? well I hope not considering he just signed a new contract yesterday. Mowbray isn't going anywhere for a while

So Dack was signed solely to get us promoted, and not as an asset, as Samuel was, albeit he turned out to be crap?

You're doing that thing again where you are just blindly agreeing with Mowbray regardless of what you see with your own eyes.

He may have tried to justify why he likes his wide men doing x and y, but is it working? 

A chronic lack of goals from open play, especially at home, suggests its not entirely working.

A total reliance on the most long balls in the division to create attacks suggests it is not entirely working.

The players he has played wide, goals wise, Reed has 1, (his one at WBA came from a central role) Palmer has 1, Bennett has 0, Rothwell has 0, Brereton has 0, Conway has 0 and Armstrong has 1. 3 goals from wide positions from 18 games.

None of the wide men have shown anything like enough quality or consistency to nail down a spot, none of us have a clue who he will pick today, that suggests that his recruitment in those areas is perhaps slightly questionable.

Same with signing Rodwell as 3rd choice centre back. 

I know, his new contract doesnt change the fact really that he isnt going anywhere anytime soon and thats totally irrelevant to the point I am making. I am just saying that thus far his recruitment has been imbalanced and very mixed and needs improving. Am I saying he should be sacked for it? No.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'm not sure why this is a shock his previous record in the Championship is poor.

Giving Mowbray a contract through to 2022 is, in my opinion, lunacy - a recipe for stagnation and mediocrity at best.

I think he will be gone within 12 months and we will be coughing-up for failure once again.

He should have been given a 12 month rolling contract with big performance bonuses - payment by results.

We are not that much better off, league position wise, than when Mowbray first arrived.

Success to me for Mowbray would have been keeping us after replacing O_W_E_N, a top 8 finish in the Championship last season and mounting a real go at the play-offs this season.  Fair and realistic.

His recruitment, IMV, has been average at best and the Brereton signing still needs an explanation.  In my opinion, it's either a Mowbray clanger or he was not a Mowbray signing and if so, why is our purported man of principle subservient and still here?

Edited by Mercer

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

The one thing that I find perplexing is the focus on the extra windows required. Surely thats only a strong argument if past windows had highlighted a consistently strong window by window improvement in terms of recruitment? Im not convinced it has. 

The first window, he signed Dack which proved as a catalyst for improvement. The overall summer was mixed but the likes of Smallwood, Downing and Antonsson were all useful short term in League 1. There were a lot of players that have fallen by the wayside since, Whittingham, Samuel, Hart, Gladwin to name but 4. 

The second window, Armstrong was a particularly good short term signing, Payne and Bell where much less successful, the former wasnt played in his natural position.

The latest summer window was possibly the worst for him in terms of he had ample resources, he signed 7 players and only really Reed has established himself, and even then he is moved from centre to out wide and back too often. Rodwell isnt a centre back, Brereton, Palmer and Rothwell arent wide players and Armstrong likewise and hasnt been good enough.

Considering hes had 3 windows. We look really poor at left back, we only have 2 competent centre backs, one right back, one trusted centre forward and no one anything like securing the wide positions. Thats a chronic lack of balance in the squad.

If you look at the team Mowbray would naturally revert back to, Raya, Lenihan, Mulgrew, Nyambe, Williams, Evans, Bennett and Graham would almost certainly be in it. Im not sure that the team has improved much since he joined nearly 2 years ago. In terms of building and progressing window by window, thats a concern.

Obviously he has done a lot of good for the club and certainly shouldnt be sacked anytime soon or anything like that but its just a point that I felt needed raising on the constant bleating for patience as he needs x more windows. He should have done better/more in the windows hes already had and he needs to be better in terms of player recruitment.

Vs Brentford last game of 2017

Players still in the first 18;

Raya, Lenihan, Mulgrew, Nyambe, Conway, Williams, Graham, Bennett

10 players left;

Guthrie, Emnes, João, Lowe, Ward, Steele, Gallagher, Akpan, Hoban, Feeney.

Compared to 10 similar positions replaced for this year;  

Smallwood, Dack, Armstrong, Reed, Rodwell, Leutwiler, Brererton, Rothwell, Downing, Palmer

In just over 12 months that is some turn around of an aging mostly on loan squad to a youthful and far more talented bunch in my opinion.

Obviously others not in the squad that day have stayed on or left, and there are others outside the ten new I picked - some that haven’t worked. We’ve also lacked a big centre half and a pacey winger for some time too - it’s not all perfect.

However the reality for me is we’ve come a long way in a short amount of time. Hence why others might say 2 or 3 windows more with a similar improvement might put us in a very good position.

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Bad timing if you aren't capable of taking a step back from the last two games and looking at the bigger picture.

Are you unable to store more than a couple of sentences at a time or is comprehension not your strong suit? I said that in my first sentence of the post you quoted.

24 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

So Dack was signed solely to get us promoted, and not as an asset, as Samuel was, albeit he turned out to be crap?

You're doing that thing again where you are just blindly agreeing with Mowbray regardless of what you see with your own eyes.

He may have tried to justify why he likes his wide men doing x and y, but is it working? 

A chronic lack of goals from open play, especially at home, suggests its not entirely working.

A total reliance on the most long balls in the division to create attacks suggests it is not entirely working.

The players he has played wide, goals wise, Reed has 1, (his one at WBA came from a central role) Palmer has 1, Bennett has 0, Rothwell has 0, Brereton has 0, Conway has 0 and Armstrong has 1. 3 goals from wide positions from 18 games.

None of the wide men have shown anything like enough quality or consistency to nail down a spot, none of us have a clue who he will pick today, that suggests that his recruitment in those areas is perhaps slightly questionable.

Same with signing Rodwell as 3rd choice centre back. 

I know, his new contract doesnt change the fact really that he isnt going anywhere anytime soon and thats totally irrelevant to the point I am making. I am just saying that thus far his recruitment has been imbalanced and very mixed and needs improving. Am I saying he should be sacked for it? No.

Dack was signed to performance and get us out of league 1. job done. 

well we aren't in relegation battle and mid table. surely most people would have taken this at the start of the season at this stage. 

I have explained what a lot of teams are doing to us and man mark Dack out of games. its been a few games now and his performances in the last 2 games has been nothing short of pathetic. 

I would agree our goals from wide positions is poor and I would have expected Armstrong to scored more this season. I would also agree that performances from those who had played well hadn't been good enough. No none of us know the team today cos we don't know the full extent of the injuries and after the past 2 performances we have all pick slightly different teams. 

I think Rodwell was signed with Mowbray idea and plan of us going 3 at the bac. I wouldn't be surprise if he played that today. 

17 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Giving Mowbray a contract through to 2022 is, in my opinion, lunacy - a recipe for stagnation and mediocrity at best.

I think he will be gone within 12 months and we will be coughing-up for failure once again.

He should have been given a 12 month rolling contract with big performance bonuses - payment by results.

We are not that much better off, league position wise, than when Mowbray first arrived.

Success to me for Mowbray would have been keeping us after replacing O_W_E_N, a top 8 finish in the Championship last season and mounting a real go at the play-offs this season.  Fair and realistic.

His recruitment, IMV, has been average at best and the Brereton signing still needs an explanation.  In my opinion, it's either a Mowbray clanger or he was not a Mowbray signing and if so, why is our purported man of principle subservient and still here?

Brereton signing has been explained. 

well thank god you aren't in charge of Blackburn Rovers

14 minutes ago, Biz said:

Vs Brentford last game of 2017

Players still in the first 18;

Raya, Lenihan, Mulgrew, Nyambe, Conway, Williams, Graham, Bennett

10 players left;

Guthrie, Emnes, João, Lowe, Ward, Steele, Gallagher, Akpan, Hoban, Feeney.

Compared to 10 similar positions replaced for this year;  

Smallwood, Dack, Armstrong, Reed, Rodwell, Leutwiler, Brererton, Rothwell, Downing, Palmer

In just over 12 months that is some turn around of an aging mostly on loan squad to a youthful and far more talented bunch in my opinion.

Obviously others not in the squad that day have stayed on or left, and there are others outside the ten new I picked - some that haven’t worked. We’ve also lacked a big centre half and a pacey winger for some time too - it’s not all perfect.

However the reality for me is we’ve come a long way in a short amount of time. Hence why others might say 2 or 3 windows more with a similar improvement might put us in a very good position.

I havent at any point doubted that as individual players, the players we have brought in are of a decent calibre. My issue and criticism has always been with the balance of the squad.

I actually think one thing that was strongly in Mowbrays favour straight away was look at the players you mention, Emnes, Joao, Gallagher, Hoban, also Hendrie, none of whom we would have particularly cared about losing I would argue, all of whom their loans expired so he didnt have to struggle to offload them. Lowe, Akpan, Mahoney, Guthrie, Brown and Greer were the obvious ones who are examples of my point though, he was able to start a clear out with most of those obviously expendable out of contract and those remaining players we had of value all under contract and able to build around.

Signing players fit for purpose in certain positions is something that is just as important as the player himself. Kasey Palmer is a very talented player but he impressed especially at Huddersfield helping them to promotion playing as a number 10, hes not played there at Rovers. Jack Rodwell is obviously a talented midfielder albeit one with baggage but playing him as a centre back is not something he is suited to or used to and he is not effective there. Ben Brereton was signed at a time when we desperately needed a striker, we didnt need a wide forward. We signed primarily midfielders but we have no real centre back or right back cover (barring those filling in from elsewhere or a poor Downing) and the whole wide midfielder thing is obviously a big problem, last season there was a certain balance to our team but thats deserted us following the mass of players signed for those positions.

My issue with Mowbrays recruitment is not that some havent worked out, theres Hart, Gladwin, Samuel, Bell etc but everyone makes poor signings. Its the imbalance of them.

• Like 1

No manager gets every signing right. Kenny signed the odd dud, Souey signed one or two.  Fergie signed several duds, some them expensive duds. Roy Boy specialized in signing duds. Having said that a good manager will get his signings right 75% of the time. Average managers about 50% of the time. I'd suggest that Mowbray is running at less than 50% at the moment. I sincerely hope he proves me wrong because if I'm proved right things won't be looking rosy come May time.

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

I havent at any point doubted that as individual players, the players we have brought in are of a decent calibre. My issue and criticism has always been with the balance of the squad.

I actually think one thing that was strongly in Mowbrays favour straight away was look at the players you mention, Emnes, Joao, Gallagher, Hoban, also Hendrie, none of whom we would have particularly cared about losing I would argue, all of whom their loans expired so he didnt have to struggle to offload them. Lowe, Akpan, Mahoney, Guthrie, Brown and Greer were the obvious ones who are examples of my point though, he was able to start a clear out with most of those obviously expendable out of contract and those remaining players we had of value all under contract and able to build around.

Signing players fit for purpose in certain positions is something that is just as important as the player himself. Kasey Palmer is a very talented player but he impressed especially at Huddersfield helping them to promotion playing as a number 10, hes not played there at Rovers. Jack Rodwell is obviously a talented midfielder albeit one with baggage but playing him as a centre back is not something he is suited to or used to and he is not effective there. Ben Brereton was signed at a time when we desperately needed a striker, we didnt need a wide forward. We signed primarily midfielders but we have no real centre back or right back cover (barring those filling in from elsewhere or a poor Downing) and the whole wide midfielder thing is obviously a big problem, last season there was a certain balance to our team but thats deserted us following the mass of players signed for those positions.

My issue with Mowbrays recruitment is not that some havent worked out, theres Hart, Gladwin, Samuel, Bell etc but everyone makes poor signings. Its the imbalance of them.

Comments such as “Rodwell isn’t suited to CB” are detrimental to otherwise sound opinions, as it is obviously something he is capable of - perhaps not the “Plan A” solution to a problem you might crave but what did we expect? Wants and expectations should be balanced. Bauer was probably plan A for the new CB..

The Rodwell signing though, for example, definitley a long term replacement for Mulgrew as a classy experienced operator - who was constantly criticised as a Centreback in his first season here. I still think Charlie has weaknesses as a defender, but I’d never say he isn’t suitable to that position because 80% of his career was in different positions... He has been good and bad but his strength with the ball at his feet has helped us build from the back or find Graham at times.

The same applies to Brererton- signing a “wide forward” when we needed a striker... he is the youngest and newest player of the squad and you’re telling me already his career will be limited to token sub appearances out wide?

You gloss over losing nearly 10+ players too - which (despite many needing to go) is a complete rebuild. I’ve seen perceived better managers with more money attempt that and get it completely wrong, time and time again.

Rome isn’t going to be rebuilt in 12 months.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Dack was signed to performance and get us out of league 1. job done. 

well we aren't in relegation battle and mid table. surely most people would have taken this at the start of the season at this stage. 

I have explained what a lot of teams are doing to us and man mark Dack out of games. its been a few games now and his performances in the last 2 games has been nothing short of pathetic. 

I would agree our goals from wide positions is poor and I would have expected Armstrong to scored more this season. I would also agree that performances from those who had played well hadn't been good enough. No none of us know the team today cos we don't know the full extent of the injuries and after the past 2 performances we have all pick slightly different teams. 

I think Rodwell was signed with Mowbray idea and plan of us going 3 at the bac. I wouldn't be surprise if he played that today. 

Brereton signing has been explained. 

well thank god you aren't in charge of Blackburn Rovers

Dack and Samuel I believe were also signed as projects, Mowbray I'm sure said something about signing players with their profile to develop, so with much more than solely a short term objective of promotion. One of those players didnt work out, one is worth many times his cost now, either way, they were not just signed SOLELY for promotion.

I have never said that we are massively underachieving, I have never implied that I want Mowbray out anytime soon

The whole team was pathetic in both displays, as was the manager in terms of his selections, substitutions and tactics. They were 2 pathetic overall displays by everyone.

My point as I have explained in my previous post was about the balance of the squad, with us struggling to find an adequate solution in various positions. I feel like the summer window was quite a poor one in spite of some decent players being brought in, I have explained window by window why I dont necessarily concur with the "we are 2 windows from competing for promotion" based on the success of past windows. That doesnt mean that I am not happy with Mowbray in charge.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biz said:

Comments such as “Rodwell isn’t suited to CB” are detrimental to otherwise sound opinions, as it is obviously something he is capable of - perhaps not the “Plan A” solution to a problem you might crave but what did we expect? Wants and expectations should be balanced. Bauer was probably plan A for the new CB..

The Rodwell signing though, for example, definitley a long term replacement for Mulgrew as a classy experienced operator - who was constantly criticised as a Centreback in his first season here. I still think Charlie has weaknesses as a defender, but I’d never say he isn’t suitable to that position because 80% of his career was in different positions... He has been good and bad but his strength with the ball at his feet has helped us build from the back or find Graham at times.

The same applies to Brererton- signing a “wide forward” when we needed a striker... he is the youngest and newest player of the squad and you’re telling me already his career will be limited to token sub appearances out wide?

You gloss over losing nearly 10+ players too - which (despite many needing to go) is a complete rebuild. I’ve seen perceived better managers with more money attempt that and get it completely wrong, time and time again.

Rome isn’t going to be rebuilt in 12 months.

I disagree that he is capable there, and if he plan B, I dread to think what plan C was, a striker?! If our 2nd choice signing to fill the centre back void in our squad, baring in mind only Mulgrew and Lenihan are competent natural centre backs at the club, so it was an important signing, is not even a natural centre back then theres a problem. I believe that Sunderland at a point last season thought similar, that maybe Rodwell could be reinvented as a defender, and abandoned the project pretty quickly. I said at the time that its illogical to suddenly try and reinvent a 27 year old midfielder at that stage of his career, lacking in confidence and having not played there since his youth career, was always almost certainly going to backfire.

Mulgrew played much of his career in Scotland at centre back, and I remember Celtic fans saying when he joined that if he plays anywhere other than centre back then we might have a problem. I think Mulgrew is underappreciated even now but in his first season much of the calls to get him into midfield I believe were borne out of frustration at the state of our midfield with dregs like Lowe and Akpan playing in there.

I appreciate that Brereton surely will eventually become a centre forward here but seemingly no time anytime soon. The whole incapability to play wide is a whole seperate debate that I dont really want to get back in to. Obviously we are basing it on a snapshot of where we stand now, how the balance of the squad looks now

I have acknowledged that I would prefer the squad we have now any day over the squad Mowbray inherited, but considering the 3 windows he has had, the resources he has had, the freedom he has had, do I feel like the squad AS IT LOOKS NOW is anywhere near as balanced as I feel it could and perhaps should be? No.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ewood Ace said:

I'm not sure why this is a shock his previous record in the Championship is poor.

Is this a joke? He finished 12th and 7th with Middlesbrough, and won the thing with West Brom...

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

I was talking about Armstrong.

Nooooo sorry mate, I know where the door is.

In other news, might be a good time to leave anyway after seeing that startinf line up...

4 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Factor in, we would have been happy with 'anything but Coyle' back then.

I think the fairest reflection in TM is that off the pitch he has been a roaring success.  On the pitch, he has neither exceeded or failed expectations.  The indication from TM would be a squad in 3 - 4 windows (playing attacking football) to challenge for promotion.  That is now his measuring stick.

Ya and he hasn't had 3-4 windows yet, so why are people expecting us to be challenging for the play offs? 

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Are you unable to store more than a couple of sentences at a time or is comprehension not your strong suit? I said that in my first sentence of the post you quoted.

Ya, you always do that. Saying something out of both sides of your mouth. So when someone pulls you one one part, you go "well I also said x and y". Get off the fence man 

36 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, you always do that. Saying something out of both sides of your mouth. So when someone pulls you one one part, you go "well I also said x and y". Get off the fence man 

I said taking a step back it’s a good appointment. The timing of announcing it was poor - in the aftermath of this week.

If that’s talking out of both sides of your mouth then maybe that’s just you.

Reminded us today what the difference is when you’ve a club with an owner who is questionable - the difference a quality operator and classy manager can make.

On paper - Sheff Weds have good players, but a questionable appointment and non-experienced manager - you’ve literally no chance.

I almost felt sorry for them complaining and chanting, but then I remember we had years of it.

In Tony I trust!

Edited by Biz
  • Like 1

I know the media and the 24/7 constant analysis of every little thing football related has (along with the modern day culture of wanting things to arrive in their lives instantaneously) made people very prone to knee jerk reactions, but a few people around here should be a bit embarrassed about what they've said on this thread over the last few days (in my opinion).

It's like they've never seen a team have a sudden slump in form/ bad run before (in our case, you'd be hard pressed to say "run").

Mowbray has done an incredible job taking into account the mad house he walked into. Having got us promoted, after 20 games we are 5 points from the play offs, 11 away from the drop zone, and in 9th position.

We are surrounded by clubs who have not only outspent us, but who have outspent us massively. Whilst I'm not sure about the length of his contract given the modern nature of football, in my opinion he was (and remains) a million miles away from being under even the tiniest bit of pressure.

Edited by Batman.
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Batman. said:

I know the media and the 24/7 constant analysis of every little thing football related has (along with the modern day culture of wanting things to arrive in their lives instantaneously) made people very prone to knee jerk reactions, but a few people around here should be a bit embarrassed about what they've said on this thread over the last few days (in my opinion).

It's like they've never seen a team have a sudden slump in form/ bad run before (in our case, you'd be hard pressed to say "run").

Mowbray has done an incredible job taking into account the mad house he walked into. Having got us promoted, after 20 games we are 5 points from the play offs, 11 away from the drop zone, and in 9th position.

We are surrounded by clubs who have not only outspent us, but who have outspent us massively. Whilst I'm not sure about the length of his contract given the modern nature of football, in my opinion he was (and remains) a million miles away from being under even the tiniest bit of pressure.

Which clubs around us have outspent us massively ? I don't know about you but when I look at the League table the first thing I look for us how many points we are above the third from bottom.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Which clubs around us have outspent us massively ? I don't know about you but when I look at the League table the first thing I look for us how many points we are above the third from bottom.

I've referenced that, and we're 11 off the relegation zone just past the halfway stage (effectively 12 with goal difference).

Here's the link to all clubs spending..

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/transfers/wettbewerb/GB2

Pretty much all of them spent more than us in the summer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Batman. said:

I've referenced that, and we're 11 off the relegation zone just past the halfway stage (effectively 12 with goal difference).

Here's the link to all clubs spending..

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/transfers/wettbewerb/GB2

Pretty much all of them spent more than us in the summer.

Only if you disregard Breretons fee which interestingly they have down as £4.5 million. Thanks for the information though, really comprehensive, I couldn't really give it the time it deserves.

12 points above the drop zone is great for this time of year. Only another 21 to go and we can breathe easier.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Not showing he is the man to get us where we need to be. Are you for real? 

I think our good start has led some to get carried away with themselves and given them false expectations for where we should be this season. 

When Mowbray took over, if someone said to you in two seasons coming into December we would be in touching distance of the play offs,  would you have been happy with that? 

Mowbray with not get this club promoted. Not now, not ever. Not that that is a negative at this stage of the rebuild. But a 3.5 year deal? Utter fkin madness.