BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Balaji Rao phone call audio

RV Blue

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

No, just a better explanation than the caller got his number off Twitter. 

Its down to the guys who have verified it as genuine. When you have been following this forum for many years you get to know the members who have been proven right time & time again. I would be extremely surprised if this turned out to be fake when they have confirmed it to be true.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, PLJPB said:

Its down to the guys who have verified it as genuine. When you have been following this forum for many years you get to know the members who have been proven right time & time again. I would be extremely surprised if this turned out to be fake when they have confirmed it to be true.

The call is genuine.

Just now, PLJPB said:

When you have been following this forum for many years you get to know the members who have been proven right time & time again. 

Thanks PLJPB, I don't know what to say :wub: 

Den are you reading this? :lol:

£350-400 million gone in from his back pocket to be sat 2nd bottom of the 2nd division? No money spent on transfers in years? Major cost cutting over the last 2 seasons? Every player of value sold?

Balaji's 400 million combined with player sales in the last 18 months takes us up to almost half a billion pounds. And we're £100 million in debt too? That's either Balaji being a fibber or we've been taken to the cleaners even more than we ever expected.

As daft as it is Balaji is probably being sincere in his promise to 'Tony' by saying he will back him with cash and allow reinvestment in the club. Unfortunately big sister holds the purse strings, not to mention the small matter of the Bank of India getting restless, so Balaji probably won't have much say. Also when 'on the spot' this lot probably promise the earth like they did with Lambert but its always 'in the summer' if you do this or if you do that. Today is never the day for action and cold hard cash.

1 hour ago, Reidy You're a Star said:

Took a lot of balls to try it, but I'm not sure what the point of it is. Doesn't reveal anything new and falsely using the new managers name and slapping it all over social media doesn't exactly give the supporters and manager the best of starts. Could do more harm than good in my opinion.

Come on! :lol:

Just now, JHRover said:

£350-400 million gone in from his back pocket to be sat 2nd bottom of the 2nd division? No money spent on transfers in years? Major cost cutting over the last 2 seasons? Every player of value sold?

Balaji's 400 million combined with player sales in the last 18 months takes us up to almost half a billion pounds. And we're £100 million in debt too? That's either Balaji being a fibber or we've been taken to the cleaners even more than we ever expected.

As daft as it is Balaji is probably being sincere in his promise to 'Tony' by saying he will back him with cash and allow reinvestment in the club. Unfortunately big sister holds the purse strings, not to mention the small matter of the Bank of India getting restless, so Balaji probably won't have much say. Also when 'on the spot' this lot probably promise the earth like they did with Lambert but its always 'in the summer' if you do this or if you do that. Today is never the day for action and cold hard cash.

Probably talking rupees

Great effort with the call (and transcript, Phil).

I think that this could sour any potential relationship for Mowbray.

However, that thought is tempered by the fact that I just think that Rao was just humouring him.

How can anyone take seriously the idea that he has put over £300m of his own money in given our debt? Only if he has put up his own property as collateral on bank loans could I believe that.

What an absolute basket case of a club.

It's hard to even know what to say to that. What is going on at Rovers is so bizarre I don't think I will ever understand it. The biggest mystery I suppose remains how in the greatest of all hells did the FA decide it was 'fair and proper' to sell us to these people?

• Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Can those in the know give any indication as to how this call will indeed be verified as being authentic? 

How do you want us to authenticate it? 

Just now, chor808 said:

Tony Mowbray reveals he has not spoken to the owners. Paul Senior has been his only contact. #rovers

Astonishing really. In view of their  reputation you'd think Mowbray would have insisted on talking to them for his own peace of mind. He's already a millionaire many times over based on his career earnings so presumably he doesn't need the money; one has to assume he thinks he had nothing to lose at the age of 53 on what is likely to be his last job in management

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Can those in the know give any indication as to how this call will indeed be verified as being authentic? 

Hello. Im balaji. Yes very very authentic indeed. I had good conversation with new manager. Im very happy to be top of premiership. We will invest many many millions into club. I would like to invite you all for tea and onion bajis. Many many welcomes!

Just now, roverandout said:

Hello. Im balaji. Yes very very authentic indeed. I had good conversation with new manager. Im very happy to be top of premiership. We will invest many many millions into club. I would like to invite you all for tea and onion bajis. Many many welcomes!

Thanks Balji! I prefer a beer with my bajis. See you in Pune :) 

I am in the know and it won't be verified. If you are a real fan and a person who reads these boards on a regular basis, then as already stated, the people who are confirming it is genuine, aren't people who will post rubbish.

It's personal choice ultimately. I know who made the call and will guarantee it is genuine.

Archived