Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Balaji Rao phone call audio

RV Blue

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

In any way. 

Are you intent on being a massive bellend? What sort of a response is 'in any way'? 

You tell him how you want him to authenticate it. He will provide the authentication. Thats how this works.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

In any way. 

Why don't you ring balaji yourself and post the clip and we will judge if they sound the same? Better still why don't you tell me the number you have for Balaji and I will let you know if it belongs to him?

Deal?

Just now, J*B said:

Are you intent on being a massive bellend? What sort of a response is 'in any way'? 

You tell him how you want him to authenticate it. He will provide the authentication. Thats how this works.

I think he just wants to know who made the call, for some reason. Why is anyone's guess.

Just now, Jbizzle said:

According to Kean? According to Kean *insert one of the many thousand lies he told"..

All input from "Wee stevie" is worth ignoring.

I agree but up against Mr B that's some stiff competition.

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

Produce another clip of Baljis voice to prove they are one in the same. 

There is one. Like I said though, it isn't up to anyone to provide evidence, except those making the claims. 

8 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Just why would you be trying to dig out who's responsible for it ?

7 minutes ago, PLJPB said:

You're not fishing to try & found out who made the call are you? :huh:

5 minutes ago, 1arC said:

I think he just wants to know who made the call, for some reason. Why is anyone's guess.

I wouldn't have a clue who was making the call, even if you told me. 

25 minutes ago, Stuart said:

How can anyone take seriously the idea that he has put over £300m of his own money in given our debt? Only if he has put up his own property as collateral on bank loans could I believe that.

Of the £106m debt shown in the latest accounts £92m is owed to the parent company, so technically Balaji and the family. External debt is only circa £14m.

VLL have an issued share capital of 126m at £1 per share, so essentially in very basic terms £126m could be deemed to be their investment which I believe includes the purchase price of £23m. You could add on additional smaller investments made over the last 6 years but even with that its nowhere near £300m, if he had said £150m it would be plausible.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Great effort with the call (and transcript, Phil).

I think that this could sour any potential relationship for Mowbray.

However, that thought is tempered by the fact that I just think that Rao was just humouring him.

How can anyone take seriously the idea that he has put over £300m of his own money in given our debt? Only if he has put up his own property as collateral on bank loans could I believe that.

What an absolute basket case of a club.

Maybe he handed it over to the "owners" and they dropped a bit some where

For those doubting it's authenticity, look for the clues that are in front of you.

1. It's completely clear that the recipient was not expecting the call. Even a good actor would seriously struggle to act so off-guard and natural.
  2. The participants accidentally talk over one another. We all do it in phone calls when there's a slight time delay. That can't be mimicked.
  3. How many Indians are called "Balaji Rao" are (unexpectedly) taking a call from their employee, "Tony Mowbray", and then proceeding to talk on first name terms, with comments that could only ever be applied to Rovers?

Just now, Brian-Potter said:

Of the £106m debt shown in the latest accounts £92m is owed to the parent company, so technically Balaji and the family. External debt is only circa £14m.

VLL have an issued share capital of 126m at £1 per share, so essentially in very basic terms £126m could be deemed to be their investment which I believe includes the purchase price of £23m. You could add on additional smaller investments made over the last 6 years but even with that its nowhere near £300m, if he had said £150m it would be plausible.

Does it not also include the original debt on purchase that was allegedly transferred onto VLL's books ?    Thing is about this debt some say oh it's ok it's just owed to the owners with no repayment date but others including Cheston etc keep mentioning it as a debt.  Shouldn't really matter if they've bunged it in out of their own pockets with no intention of taking it back but it does keep getting mentioned by well placed people.

As Mr Battersby said in the podcast no one actually knows where these loans have come from and in what form or what it is 'really' stacked against. Other clubs are funded like this but you don't get them constantly referred to as being xx in debt to their owners. Similar way to how Jack did it except every now and then he wrote it off.

Just now, Brian-Potter said:

Doesn't that just account for official activity? It honestly wouldn't surprise me if there was a heap of unofficial activity going on. We know what the game is like. Venkys may be many things, but I think they've been completely rinsed by the worst people in the game.

1 hour ago, Brian-Potter said:

When I listened to the call, I thought Balaji was boasting he had £300-400m in his backpocket.

I think it is telling that Mowbray hasn't even spoken to the owners yet.

The Raos most likely run the club through one key contact, like it has been said they run their many other subsidiaries, I think it is safe to assume.

The question, as ever, is who is pulling the strings? Do Cheston/Senior liaise directly or do they go through Suhail Pasha and who else are all three communicating/acting in the interests of?

This latest embarrassment makes me to lean towards the idea Venky's are being taken for a ride by whoever is able to squeeze into a position of power and influence.

As ever, we're left clueless wondering when will it end.

Archived