BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] "Do I want Rovers to stay up this season?"

JohnD

The wrong one ;)

A full ground only suggests one thing. That everything in the garden is rosy (see media manipulation after high profile cup games)

If only those on your side of the argument would just try to bring about the lowest possible attendance we could possibly achieve and see if it makes a difference. Then you can bleat on all about all you like about non-attendance not making a difference

To me BRFC as we knew it no longer exists in it's current form

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

The ground being full won't turn poor players into good ones. It just means more people will be there to witness how bad we've become. Meanwhile Venky's will get a little extra income which will almost certainly not be spent on the club. 

If you want a full ground Pafell then youll have to pay for it. I will not spend my money on being served up the kind of football i have watched over the last few seasons and i suspect there are many others like me. I boycott for all sorts of reasons - they removed me from my season ticket area without consultation, they appoint rubbish managers, they appear to have no interest in signing the players we need, they treat fans badly in general, but i could put up with most of that if there was a glimmer of enjoyment in the ground, but i didnt find that at all over the last few seasons. All i found was dull as ditchwater losing football. Call me not a true fan if you want, but my leisure pound buys me far more pleasure at Clitheroe or Sale Sharks.

Just now, gumboots said:

If you want a full ground Pafell then youll have to pay for it. I will not spend my money on being served up the kind of football i have watched over the last few seasons and i suspect there are many others like me. I boycott for all sorts of reasons - they removed me from my season ticket area without consultation, they appoint rubbish managers, they appear to have no interest in signing the players we need, they treat fans badly in general, but i could put up with most of that if there was a glimmer of enjoyment in the ground, but i didnt find that at all over the last few seasons. All i found was dull as ditchwater losing football. Call me not a true fan if you want, but my leisure pound buys me far more pleasure at Clitheroe or Sale Sharks.

I agree. They need to realise football is supposed to be an entertainment not a fundamentalist religion. When you find yourself coming home and kicking the cat on a regular basis something has to change.

22 hours ago, Stuart said:

Relegation only reduces the wage bill for new players, and only in the sense that it would be more 'acceptable' to fans.

They could sign League One standard players on League One wages in the Championship. They can't even be bothered to do that.

No, the majority of the current squad are either loans or out of contract this summer and most of those on longer contracts such as Mulgrew, Graham and Lenihan can be offloaded quite easily to the Championship clubs quite easily as they are good enough. They aren't signing anybody on a contract if you hadn't noticed.

1 hour ago, alcd said:

No, the majority of the current squad are either loans or out of contract this summer and most of those on longer contracts such as Mulgrew, Graham and Lenihan can be offloaded quite easily to the Championship clubs quite easily as they are good enough. They aren't signing anybody on a contract if you hadn't noticed.

Sorry. I'm not sure what point you are making in response to the conversation you've quoted.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Can you always buy tickets at the stadium on match days these days? I am thinking about going over for a game nearer the end of the season. 

Yes

I got mine now in case I changed my mind ;)

Honest answer would be IF it meant the cluckers left then of course I would take relegation to do so. Problem is if it won't get rid of them, it does more damage than good, and leaves us in a worse situation. (I would say no Vs and League 1 is a better proposition than Vs and Championship.) So if they won't go then definitely no. 

All in all that's a honest fence sitting I really don't know. I don't have a crystal ball to know if it would get rid of them. 

However (assuming we stay up!) a few more years of seeing all other clubs around us invested in, and constant cost cutting and scraping to survive and more alienation of the fan base and it might become a yes regardless of the uncertainty, in the hope/chance of getting rid of them. Mind you, a few more seasons of current cost cutting and it'll be academic as we will be relegated. 

Archived