BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Will 45pts save us.

duggy9197

Just now, Athlete said:

Yes the leaving Coyle in position so long and the timing of the change may well send us down...The game we needed to win we only drew Burton away as it may come down to fine margins at the end of the season like that ...the change should of been made an awful lot sooner..

I believe that Coyle was left in charge until the transfer window was closed so that his being in charge could be used as justification for little incoming.

They never intended to be active anyway.

The signing of Joao was Senior flexing his muscles to show everyone who was boss.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I believe that Coyle was left in charge until the transfer window was closed so that his being in charge could be used as justification for little incoming.

They never intended to be active anyway.

The signing of Joao was Senior flexing his muscles to show everyone who was boss.

lol...he's probably only the boss at home when his Mrs and his cat are out

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

You don't get relegated on failing to win one game. If we go down it's because we haven't been good enough over the whole season. 

No you dont jim but c'mon failing to beat the mighty Burton not once but twice regardless of who is in the hot seat is how far we've fallen with no disrespect to Burton...

...there's an old saying you have to beat the sides around you

17 minutes ago, Athlete said:

No you dont jim but c'mon failing to beat the mighty Burton not once but twice regardless of who is in the hot seat is how far we've fallen with no disrespect to Burton...

...there's an old saying you have to beat the sides around you

... ....but we've also beaten New castle home and away. The season has 46 games and lasts more than 9 months - the league at the end reflects the best and worst teams and two result against Burton Albion pale into insignifance in the grand scheme of the whole season

At the time we played Burton away a draw was an ok result and more than I would have expected had Coyle still been in situ.

If we played them now I would expect to win.

The matches coming up against other relegation contenders are real must win games.

Brighton and to a little lesser extent Reading away are very difficult games and draws would be fine.

I really hope that we are safe before Brentford away in our final game. If it all depends on this game my nerves will not be up for it.

11 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

... ....but we've also beaten New castle home and away. The season has 46 games and lasts more than 9 months - the league at the end reflects the best and worst teams and two result against Burton Albion pale into insignifance in the grand scheme of the whole season

Freak results same as huddersfield home and away but we drew both .. Can't think of any we've absolutely murdered the opposition and come away not winning 

Bristol city must win Forest away mustn't lose 

Do you not agree this is how we've fallen under these charlatans 

On 18/03/2017 at 9:32 AM, dingles staying down 4ever said:

But surely can't go on a 15 match unbeaten run from when Mowbray took over til the end of the season. 

This is my fear- usually when a new boss loses his first game, the team loses the next two or three as well. 

2 hours ago, philipl said:

This is my fear- usually when a new boss loses his first game, the team loses the next two or three as well. 

The draws run won't continue.. 

As for working with the players not on international duty this doesn't seem to be the case as craig Conway for one has played in two testimonial games for Dundee United and Cardiff respective 

• 2 weeks later...

The worst thing from today is that it is now apparent that we are one of the 3 worst teams in the league. Bristol and Forest went and got results today that we would be incapable of. There are no arguments to be made about us being unlucky or anything. We are one of the 3 worst teams in the league and as such we will be relegated.

I'm off to get drunk. 

• Backroom
On 25/03/2017 at 8:26 AM, philipl said:

Well said :(

23 hours ago, MCMC1875 said:

50 for me. So 2 wins and a draw.

I think 50 will do it.

I can see Brum, Burton and Forest all finishing on 49 points and it will boil down to goal difference and Brum are the most vulnerable there at the moment.

I genuinely believe that if we manage to get ahead of Birmingham, they won't pass us again. They have been terrible with little or no pressure, now with pressure I can see them collapsing altogether. The players and fans are probably looking around thinking "we were nearly in the play offs when they sacked Rowett, now we close to going down" Mutiny will start. We need to plug away and keep our heads. 3 points on Monday next up. 

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I genuinely believe that if we manage to get ahead of Birmingham, they won't pass us again. They have been terrible with little or no pressure, now with pressure I can see them collapsing altogether.

It begs the question, which I thought about this morning... Would you rather Burton beat Birmingham tomorrow night to drag them further into it?

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I genuinely believe that if we manage to get ahead of Birmingham, they won't pass us again. They have been terrible with little or no pressure, now with pressure I can see them collapsing altogether. The players and fans are probably looking around thinking "we were nearly in the play offs when they sacked Rowett, now we close to going down" Mutiny will start. We need to plug away and keep our heads. 3 points on Monday next up. 

Think it's already started. The players were fighting in the warm-down after the Rotherham game. 

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Think it's already started. The players were fighting in the warm-down after the Rotherham game. 

That was a game they would have seen 3 points coming from. They somehow manged to concede an equaliser in the last few minutes against the worst team in the league , who now have nothing to play for. I would say that is a huge blow psychology. I think Burton will comfortably beat them .We just need to make sure we keep picking up wins as well. 

Just now, Phil T said:

It begs the question, which I thought about this morning... Would you rather Burton beat Birmingham tomorrow night to drag them further into it?

It's tomorrow afternoon Phil, KO 3pm. Don't want you having a semi-stress free afternoon :lol:.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

A draw. Keep as many teams involved as possible. A Burton win would be my second preference. 

Think I'm with you on this one Bigdog and with Brums remaining games (Villa away, Hudds home & Bristol away) it could be we are left to equal 48 points. The only thing we know for certain is we have to win tomorrow. 

I think there is a lot of delusional thinking going on here. 

We are at a time of the season when clubs fighting for their lives get results. Even if you simply extrapolate the rate at which Forest and Burton have collected points in the season to date without any desperation added point collection, both will get to 50 points after 46 games. For both of them that will represent only 5 points collected from 4 games in which their Championship lives are at stake (W1 D2 L1).

Yes I agree Birmingham City are vulnerable because they are on a prolonged horror run of results. BUT Villa v Brum local derby is exactly the sort of fixture you don't want to see popping up in a fellow struggler's run-in. No matter how rubbish Brum are, it's a passionate local derby with both sets of fans totally up for it- very decent chance for Brum to collect 3 points.

Look at tomorrow's fixtures and there is a strong probability that even if we win, we will still be in the bottom 3 even though we would have reached 46 points with three games left.

Survival for Rovers almost certainly requires three wins out of the last four games. We are on this run in two points and goal difference behind. At the very worst we need two wins and two draws to survive. 

Almost certainly one of the pack of four we are chasing will falter and 51 points will get past the one that trips up. But that is not a certainty- clubs have gone down with 54 points from this division and we only get to 55 points if we win all four remaining games.

It is far more likely we will need to get to 55 points than 48 points being enough to stay up. 

Archived