SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Will 45pts save us.

duggy9197

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Mahoossive point tonight which takes us above Bristol.

another weekend though where I fancy 2-3 of our rivals to pick up wins 

Bristol play Friday at home to Huddersfield who may be comfortable in their 3rd place position now - draw

Burton are at home to Brentford - home win

Forest have the derby game with Derby - tough one to call with the Rowett effect but I think home advantage will come through

Wolves away at Fulham - home win 

Wigan have Villa at home - draw

our game is similar to the Forest / Derby game, bit of a local derby with the away side higher in the table, can't forget feeling confident and them doing us last year 

Just now, Tom said:

Mahoossive point tonight which takes us above Bristol.

another weekend though where I fancy 2-3 of our rivals to pick up wins 

Bristol play Friday at home to Huddersfield who may be comfortable in their 3rd place position now - draw

Burton are at home to Brentford - home win

Forest have the derby game with Derby - tough one to call with the Rowett effect but I think home advantage will come through

Wolves away at Fulham - home win 

Wigan have Villa at home - draw

our game is similar to the Forest / Derby game, bit of a local derby with the away side higher in the table, can't forget feeling confident and them doing us last year 

Hudds manager is very ambitious and focussed he will not let his players relax, away win for me, everyone was saying they were the best team to

visit Ewood this season. I think Bristol are the team we need to get clear of, the rest, apart from Wigan, will have enough to stay up.

Its always difficult to predict what is needed,but no team in the danger area  is going to reverse what they have been doing all season in the last 9 games ie losing.A average of 45 pts has been enough over the last few seasons and this year will be the same.I think were 5 pts ahead of my total of 48pts already so if we keep it up we will have over 50pts and we aint going down with that many.

18 hours ago, duggy9197 said:

Its always difficult to predict what is needed,but no team in the danger area  is going to reverse what they have been doing all season in the last 9 games ie losing.A average of 45 pts has been enough over the last few seasons and this year will be the same.I think were 5 pts ahead of my total of 48pts already so if we keep it up we will have over 50pts and we aint going down with that many.

Just hope its not like 12/13 season as Peterborough went down with 54 points

On 15/03/2017 at 1:38 AM, duggy9197 said:

Totally disagree with you (with the exception of Rotherham).

As each season draws to a close there are 10 to 15 teams with nothing to play for and relegation threatened players start thinking about the following season's wages. Then teams at the top always get nervous and turn in a few sub-par performances as well. There have been crazy results in this division all season and there are going to be even more over the next few weeks.

51 for safety.

I think it is 2 from us, Wigan and Bristol.  Burton might get dragged into it IF they lose to Brentford this weekend and us/Bristol pick up results as they face Huddersfield and Newcastle away after this, but I fully expect them to beat Brentford.

Home games they key for us now.  The next 3 are PNE, Barnsley and Bristol.  With our difficult run of away fixtures we have very little margin for error at home.

I said a few weeks ago that 50-53 points will be needed for survival this season.

Under Coyle we were relegation certainties.  Mowbray has got us into a position whereby we at least have a fighting chance to me that alone is big bonus.

Looking at the last 6 games and form teams are in and the points achieved

Bristol City LDLDDW 6pts  38pts

Rovers DWWDDD 10pts  39pts

Notts Forest LLDWLL 4pts 40pts

Burton Albion WDDDDW 10pts  41pts

Notts forest are currently in free fall and it's been fairly clear in the 6 games ourselves and Burton have put in a fight. I think Forest are probably just good enough to rescue themselves, my money would be on Bristol to go down, along way to go but with Rovers change in management and this sense of belief and never say die attitude they are currently showing I reckon we will just about get ourselves safe but will be nail biting stuff

Mowbray deserves a lot of credit regardless of what happens from now on. Before his arrival we were a sinking ship in complete disarray, in less than a month and 6 games he's overseen massive improvement and given us a chance of survival. If we go down it won't be his fault. If we avoid defeat vs PNE then it will be 7 unbeaten and I would expect him to be in the running for manager of the month for March, which would be a fantastic achievement for him given where we were when he arrived.

Under Coyle we would have picked up maybe 3 points at the very most from the last 6 games. We'd have lost at Norwich and Fulham, drawn with Wigan and probably lost to Derby and Cardiff. We'd be sat on 32-33 points now rather than 39 and would be virtually relegated already with 3 tough games coming up.

When Mowbray took over and we were on 29 points I felt that 45-46 points would probably be close to survival target. Now I think it will be more like 48 or 49. We need to be looking to win 3 of our 4 home games which might just do the job points wise.

I think there are still plenty of teams around us that could be dragged into the race. I think we might just have enough to survive but where I wins will come from other than Bristol City at home I could not predict and would not want to predict. Easy money would be Wolves, and Forest if they were at home I would say yes but seeing as they are away game jesus we have a mighty 9 games left to go! That ride begins this weekend vs Preston which I believe has to be 3 point on the board and nothing else. Get that win and we have breathing space from Bristol City who i believe will lose vs Huddersfield. With Forest playing Derby and Burton playing Brentford this gives us a chance to really try and get ahead of a few around us. 

We'd be dead and buried by now under Coyle.

Looked certainties for the drop since the first 10 games of the season to anyone with any knowledge of football. The question needs to be asked why he was given so long (and why appointed in the first place).

Burton's form is decent. I think Clough has the know-how to keep them up, hence their solid form.

Birmingham are surely the ones to watch. They're due to play Newcastle, Ipswich, and Brighton over the next few matches.

When this thread began, we were sat on 30 points, with Owen Coyle as manager. Reaching 45 points seemed like a pipe-dream. We're now just two wins away from that tally. We're going to need more than that you'd think, but Mowbray seems to have instilled an unbeatable mentality into the players. If you consider the unhappy camps in and around the mire, we now have much more than a fighting chance of survival.

Archived