BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Will 45pts save us.

duggy9197

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we can get through the next two games and only be one point adrift of the teams above I think we'll survive but in this league this season is showing that with the exception of Rotherham anybody can lose to anyone.

Far too close to call. Hopefully after being 3-1 the body blow of losing 5-3 will be too much for Burton.

9 hours ago, Tom said:

I reserve the right to be hysterical in the heat of the moment after a gut wrenching loss.

One kid near me was inconsolable at full time and was quite sad to see.

Its a coping mechanism I would rather prepare for the worst whilst hoping for the best.

It was a horrible feeling when that goal went in. Watching 7000 screaming Nobbers in delirium. We did not deserve that at all.

I see RuPaul has gone quiet. He knows just how lucky he was.

Putting Brighton to one side, though this is the Championship, so who knows?

Can't see why we can't get a result at Reading, not been particulary impressed with them, just look like another standard Championship outfit, got to go for the 3 points.

Sky Bet has Burton as favourites to go down with Wigan nailed on. Given that we still have Bristol City and Forest to play, I think we will have enough to stay up. Burton have Huddersfield and Newcastle away, as their next two and I think Villa at home after that. If we are above them after the next 3 games, surely they will go and not us.

1 hour ago, MCMC1875 said:

Worth pointing out that all 5 teams in the mix (I'm including Birmingham) play their next 2 games away from home.

Yes with us wigan and Burton having the hardest imho 

1 hour ago, MCMC1875 said:

Worth pointing out that all 5 teams in the mix (I'm including Birmingham) play their next 2 games away from home.

Which just shows what a massive win Saturday would have been. Still fuming about it now...

Does anyone seriously think that we will fail to gather more points than one of Burton, Bristol City or Forest?

Wigan are gone and I think Burton's loss to Brenford will prove calamitous for them.

I'll go for Burton to get no more than 48 points leaving Rovers safe and sound on a minimum of 50 points.

We are unbeaten in 7 and have also taken 8 points from 4 unbeaten games against Newcastle and Huddersfield this season.  We have some very decent players, a REAL football manager who knows what he's doing, momentum at last  and an ever growing confidence.  Relax, enjoy the international break and enjoy the rest of the season.

Just now, Mercer said:

Does anyone seriously think that we will fail to gather more points than one of Burton, Bristol City or Forest?

Wigan are gone and I think Burton's loss to Brenford will prove calamitous for them.

I'll go for Burton to get no more than 48 points leaving Rovers safe and sound on a minimum of 50 points.

We are unbeaten in 7 and have also taken 8 points from 4 unbeaten games against Newcastle and Huddersfield this season.  We have some very decent players, a REAL football manager who knows what he's doing, momentum at last  and an ever growing confidence.  Relax, enjoy the international break and enjoy the rest of the season.

Welcome to La-La Land. 

24 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Welcome to La-La Land. 

Is there no retreat you can go to for the final weeks of the season in order to take you away from all the unnecessary stress you seem to burden yourself with?

As promised Jim, I'm off if we go down.

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

If football was played on paper Mercer I think I would agree with you.  Unfortunately, it isn't.  There is no accounting for human error in games - particularly from officials who can influence the outcome of matches.  Like Jim, I think it'll be a stress filled few weeks before we know the outcome.  I do think that Burton are the team we need to pass and hopefully we will.

• Backroom

As massive of a result a win would have been for weekend I'm wondering if Burton squandering a 3-1 lead and losing at home is equally as big a result.

16 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I know that Tommy Hoban is only on loan to us but I wish he had just kept quiet till seaon end.

https://www.clubcall.com/watford/defender-keen-on-watford-return-1846079.html

unfortunately this is one of the problems with having loan players the nearer to the end of the season it gets they sometimes couldn't care less as they know full well they won't be with you the following season...but when your in a fight for something that doesn't help one bit

Just now, Athlete said:

unfortunately this is one of the problems with having loan players the nearer to the end of the season it gets they sometimes couldn't care less as they know full well they won't be with you the following season...but when your in a fight for something that doesn't help one bit

My thoughts exactly. Self-centered and selfish but to be expected from a footballer with no real allegiance to Rovers.

Just now, Athlete said:

Absolutely. The pattern of loans is part of the whole dumbing down /cheapening project...like choosing Coyle for a manager, like leaving him in post so long, like almost every decision , since the snow fell on Narnia.

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

Absolutely. The pattern of loans is part of the whole dumbing down /cheapening project...like choosing Coyle for a manager, like leaving him in post so long, like almost every decision , since the snow fell on Narnia.

Yes the leaving Coyle in position so long and the timing of the change may well send us down...The game we needed to win we only drew Burton away as it may come down to fine margins at the end of the season like that ...the change should of been made an awful lot sooner..

Just now, Athlete said:

Yes the leaving Coyle in position so long and the timing of the change may well send us down...The game we needed to win we only drew Burton away as it may come down to fine margins at the end of the season like that ...the change should of been made an awful lot sooner..

You don't get relegated on failing to win one game. If we go down it's because we haven't been good enough over the whole season. 

Archived