BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan at home

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another massive game, take all three from this and we could be out of the bottom three at the weekend and 7 points from 9 will be superb. Mercer will be buying more cases of wine and you might have to queue to buy a ticket for Cardif.

Little lad says he wants to go to this match (typical kid one win and he is back) so I think I will break the boycott and all three generations will be going (scabs the lot of us).

Rovers 2 - 0 Wigan

I know this league is as unpredictable as they come but we have some horrendous fixtures coming up soon, so wins in games such as these might prove vital if we are to stay up.

We have Wigan and Cardiff at home next, then either side of a home game against Preston we are away at Norwich, Fulham, Brighton and Reading, aka 4 of the top 7.

Saying that, after those games our fixtures are pretty decent.

• Biddy pinned this topic

Really is a must win, which probably means a return to earth with a bump! (We are Rovers 2017, after all..)

The green shoots mean I might even wander down for this game - it is about time we battered the pie-eaters. Its the hope that kills you, in the end..

WIR

COYB

Just now, Salgado Is Still A Hero said:

I know this league is as unpredictable as they come but we have some horrendous fixtures coming up soon, so wins in games such as these might prove vital if we are to stay up.

We have Wigan and Cardiff at home next, then either side of a home game against Preston we are away at Norwich, Fulham, Brighton and Reading, aka 4 of the top 7.

Saying that, after those games our fixtures are pretty decent.

I would take your hand off for 4 points from these fixture right now

18 minutes ago, chor808 said:

Another massive game, take all three from this and we could be out of the bottom three at the weekend and 7 points from 9 will be superb. Mercer will be buying more cases of wine and you might have to queue to buy a ticket for Cardif.

Little lad says he wants to go to this match (typical kid one win and he is back) so I think I will break the boycott and all three generations will be going (scabs the lot of us).

Rovers 2 - 0 Wigan

if we win we are out of the bottom three as burton play bristol and both cant win

• Backroom
Just now, Mercerman said:

Can anyone seriously not see Rovers winning this one ?

Odds aren't great but 29/20 for a Rovers' win is good enough to earn a decent wedge.

Only because I don't like to set my expectations too high. We know we like to build our hopes up and then dash then in brilliant style.

Jack Byrne to score?

A scrappy win of any form would be absolutely magnificent.

Just now, Tom said:

Only because I don't like to set my expectations too high. We know we like to build our hopes up and then dash then in brilliant style.

Jack Byrne to score?

A scrappy win of any form would be absolutely magnificent.

I don't think he has played since joining. Correct me if I am wrong. 

• Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I don't think he has played since joining. Correct me if I am wrong. 

I can't correct you because I don't know, just going by the laws of the game and assuming he will score!

Hopefully we come out firing and take an early lead, we should have the wind in our sails after last night

Just now, Tom said:

I can't correct you because I don't know, just going by the laws of the game and assuming he will score!

Hopefully we come out firing and take an early lead, we should have the wind in our sails after last night

Under Coyle it would have been very likely. Not we are doing the Mowbray bounce though :) 

• Backroom

Our team has always struggled to cope with matches we are expected to win. Saturday's result will depend on how much work Mowbray has been able to do on the players' mentality. Hopefully last night's win will have given them some much-needed confidence. 

Can't expect this team to win any game i think we've learnt that by now and another tough one where nerves will play a part. Would be nice to just stuff someone for once but can't see it here. A tight nervy affair.

Rovers 0   Wigan 0

Official crowd might break 12k barrier with a few from pieland.

1 hour ago, Mercerman said:

Can anyone seriously not see Rovers winning this one ?

Odds aren't great but 29/20 for a Rovers' win is good enough to earn a decent wedge.

What case of wine did you buy today with your Derby winnings? It's a habit we share. I'm currently down to 300 bottles ;)

I'm going to dampen expectations a bit and predict a draw, every time we get our hopes up they come crashing down.

.....................Raya

Nyambe Hoban Lenihan Lowe

Feeney Guthrie Mulgrew Conway

...................Bennett

..................Gallagher

Although I wouldn't be averse to the same team as yesterday with Bennett in for Emnes.

Archived