BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham v Rovers 14th March 2017

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

very tough game ahead. Would take a point here deffo.

Got to be defensive solid and tough to break down

I would go 4-4-2 and play on the counter

,My team would be

Raya Nymabe Lenihan Hoban Williams Bennett Akpan Guthrie Feeney Emnes Graham

Will Mulgrew not be fit?

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

very tough game ahead. Would take a point here deffo.

Got to be defensive solid and tough to break down

I would go 4-4-2 and play on the counter

,My team would be

Raya Nymabe Lenihan Hoban Williams Bennett Akpan Guthrie Feeney Emnes Graham

I see this is team without a goalkeeper. But then with Steele almost anybody would be as good/bad.

Jim the Albatross hasn't seen Rovers win this season and I don't expect anything to change on Tuesday.

I expect Fulham to end Mowbray's unbeaten run and win easily and Cairney to underline the immutable law of the ex  with at least one goal.

So why am I going? My bad run cannot last forever and must come to an end sometime.

Contarian investors will stick some money on a surprise Rovers victory.

I fear for us in this game.

Jokanovic is an underrated manager who Watford did the dirty on and he has got Fulham buzzing.

This will be our sixth game in 19 days.  Fitness wise, I think we are one of the weakest teams and having played with a higher intensity under Mowbray, a lot of our lads will be running on empty and there will be a higher risk of hamstrings, groins etc.

Sadly, I think we will lose this by 2 or 3 goals.

Fulham are on form at the right time of the season, won 5 drawn 2 of last 7 games, and if they win this they get into play off place.

This may be a game too far for us, but you never know, stranger things have happened.

Need a fit midfield for this one and Mullgrew back in the heart of our defence.

If we can avoid defeat then its a bonus!

Wolves game on at same time so don't think we are on TV at all are we?

Fulham forum - http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=58698.0

Good team and fans at Fulham, Slava Joka has really got them sorted and our ex boy Cairney looks a 10 million player.

There full backs will cause us a night mare as both are very pacey and like to get up and down. Chris Martin sometimes can't even get a start which shows how good there depth is, surprised they loaned out Christensen to Burton though, he looks a player for the future. Defensively very strong, think they will go with;

Button

Fredricks Ream Kalas Sessegnon 

Cairney McDonald Johansen

Kebano

Martin Ayite

US:

Steele

Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew Williams

Bennett Guthrie Lowe Conway

Emnes

Graham

Thinking of a last minute drive down to this game as I am off at the moment.

Fulham were rather lucky to beat us at Ewood even with us in complete disarray under Coyle and co. I think the way we are set up will help although I do think it will be a tough game. Been to Fulham a good few times, some good and some bad games there just hoping we don't cave in.

20 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Anybody know if you can pay on the day? Thinking of subjecting my missus to her first ever Rovers match. Poor girl.

Pay on the night cash only, 500 tickets sold so far. Fantastic effort that. 

• Backroom
19 hours ago, Mercerman said:

Jokanovic is an underrated manager who Watford did the dirty on and he has got Fulham buzzing.

This will be our sixth game in 19 days.  Fitness wise, I think we are one of the weakest teams and having played with a higher intensity under Mowbray, a lot of our lads will be running on empty and there will be a higher risk of hamstrings, groins etc.

Suddenly I feel much more optimistic :rover:

22 hours ago, Tom said:

Good luck to those going, 3 beers cost me £16 in London on Wednesday!

Dear me Tom, where do you drink in London?

Try the Bree Louise which is only 150m from Euston Station (Coburg Street, off Cardington St).  It is North London CAMRA pub of the year and has plenty of hand pumped, and gravity poured, beers and ciders.

A great stopping off point for a pint or two prior to the train home after a Rovers away game in London.  Good, decent banter with other football fans as well.

It would have been well within £10 and a good pint as well.

Excited for this game! I wouldn't have turned up under Coyle, but while I am expecting to leave this game with nothing I am happy to see another Rovers game, and bringing along 3 extra friends with me who aren't Rovers supporters. Looking forward to this night out. 

• Backroom
23 hours ago, Mercerman said:

This simply cannot happen!!

I have never been an advocate of negative thinking, but I really am looking at this game as GD management only. 

With Fulham's form, I just can't see us getting anything out of the game in terms of points. 

And the relegation GD situation is very finely poised:  Burton -12. Us, Forest, and Wigan all - 11.

I do like TM's more adventurous and attacking management style (It's been a breath of fresh air), but this would be a game I would like to see him show his versatility as a manager, and go to a Plan B. A 4-5-1 set out to really frustrate Fulham would be ideal. It could produce a hard fought 0-0 and a precious point, and tbh I would happily walk away with a 1-0 loss. 

Some will jump on me for that, but if we go all gung ho and get tonked 4-0 I'm going to be devastated. Feel like it would undo all the good work done over the last month. Both in terms of ravaging the GD and more importantly in terms of the ongoing confidence of the team. 

The thought of getting relegated to League 1 by a couple of goals in the GD column wakes me up in cold sweats in the middle of the night. Particularly when I think about the fact some clown wearing our own colours lashed two into the against column himself. 

This has to be safety first type of game, away from home (with our record), against the team TOP of the league form table. 

Do I have confidence in TM adapting to this, and adjusting his tactics accordingly? No, I don't, I think he'll do exactly the same as he has done in the previous games. And that scares me. I hope tomorrow night he makes me eat my words and proves me wrong. Would make me very happy. 

Archived