BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham v Rovers 14th March 2017

Haha, turned away from my laptop for a second around 90+2 and when I came back the number of new replies exploded - I suspected there weren't that many keen moaners!

Now I'm gutted I had to miss this one due to work commitments.

Still plenty of work to be done, but must be a huge morale boost for the squad.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a fantastic point. Really didn't expect us to get anything tonight. The target now has to be to go the rest of the season unbeaten.

Sounds like Joao made a massive difference when he came on for Graham and Emnes moved up onto the shoulder of the defender.

Wonder what we could do with Joao and Mahoney starting instead of only having 20 mins to claw it back?

Just now, Butty said:

". . . out of the drop zone going into Saturday's game against the Nob Enders!"

Just bringing a bit of pedantry to this, don't forget that Bristol City have a home game on Friday night.

Admittedly, it's against Huddersfield Town, but a draw would see Bristol back above us.

Great result nearly throw my phone across the room when I seen 2-1 86mins but to go get the point deep into extra time is very satisfying.

Great to see him getting booked for excessive celebrations, suggests that he gives a sh*t even though he is on loan. Can always be a issue with loanee players when they have no real ties to the club. 

Just now, Mercerman said:

Fantastic result.

Said all along we've too many decent players to go down.  Mowbray has done superbly well.

Said it before and I'll say it again, not a snowball's chance in hell of us going down.  Believe, relax and enjoy the football.

:rolleyes:

You seem like such a good bloke but sometimes you just need to stick a cork in it. Don't care which end.

Lot of hysterics on here when we went behind late on. I didn't expect anything tonight and if we had have lost by no means would we be relegated. Plenty of games to play yet that aren't as difficult as Norwich away and  Fulham away.

That's two  great points  given the circumstances. Well done to all concerned. Looks like we've found our fighting spirit from somewhere. 

• Backroom
Just now, Stuart said:

You seem like such a good bloke but sometimes you just need to stick a cork in it. Don't care which end.

At least you're open to kinky stuff :lol:

Was a bitter pill to swallow watching us concede late (again) and Wolves coming back to grab a vital win, but at least we did more than I had predicted before the game and ended up with a very good away point. Time to start Mahoney and get on the front foot in our next game, I'd start Joao as well, but can't criticise Mowbray's selections really. Not afraid to utilise his bench, a must - especially considering the amount of games we play.

Great result and unexpected if you'd have asked me before KO tonight. Feels like a win!

Organisation and structure is down to Tony.

Determination and dogged spirit is down to Dunny?

Bags of confidence going into Saturday now!:D

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Lot of hysterics on here when we went behind late on. I didn't expect anything tonight and if we had have lost by no means would we be relegated. Plenty of games to play yet that aren't as difficult as Norwich away and  Fulham away.

That's a great point given the circumstances. Well done to all concerned. Looks like we've found our fighting spirit from somewhere. 

Just now, m1st said:

Just bringing a bit of pedantry to this, don't forget that Bristol City have a home game on Friday night.

Admittedly, it's against Huddersfield Town, but a draw would see Bristol back above us.

True but it's in our own hands,showing great resilience since Mowbray took over.

Great point,and gained without our best player in Mulgrew. 

Confident in getting the win against Preston

Jao looked so good it really asked the question why is he a bit part player out on loan from Sheffield Wednesday? Very strong, tall, pacy, skillful, a good range of passing and scores goals.

I guess he must be a bit hit and miss to be on the fringes of the Wednesday squad, but on the basis of today I'd say we have a real prospect.

Just now, m1st said:

Agree with you M1st but I was paranoid that this run of 5 games with 4 of them away would see us get detached. At least if we are still in the mix at the end of the 5 games  we then have Barnsley (H) , Forest (A) and Bristol C (H) in the space of 9 days and that should tell us whether we are staying up or not. A win against Nobbers and you would think good things!!

Just now, Torgeir said:

Was a bitter pill to swallow watching us concede late (again) and Wolves coming back to grab a vital win, but at least we did more than I had predicted before the game and ended up with a very good away point. Time to start Mahoney and get on the front foot in our next game, I'd start Joao as well, but can't criticise Mowbray's selections really. Not afraid to utilise his bench, a must - especially considering the amount of games we play.

It was interesting to hear David Pleat's post-match comments on 5 Live Sports Extra.  He was praising the way we'd played since the substitutions and implied that we might have had a better chance of all three points if they'd been made sooner.  He was particularly impressed by Mahoney.

Can't slip up against the Nob Enders now, would undo all this excellent work. They think they are going up, we think we're going down. Hope we take them down a peg and gain 3 points in the process.

Mogga unbeaten so far!

Just now, Stuart said:

You really are unbelievable.

Six games unbeaten under a new manager, confidence flowing and momentum for all to see.

Just why shouldn't the supporters now feel confident and optimistic ?

Just now, Mercerman said:

You really are unbelievable.

Six games unbeaten under a new manager, confidence flowing and momentum for all to see.

Just why shouldn't the supporters now feel confident and optimistic ?

He was maybe a bit harsh, but to say "relax" when we're in such a precarious state is a bit premature.

Just now, TBTF said:

Agree with you M1st but I was paranoid that this run of 5 games with 4 of them away would see us get detached. At least if we are still in the mix at the end of the 5 games  we then have Barnsley (H) , Forest (A) and Bristol C (H) in the space of 9 days and that should tell us whether we are staying up or not. A win against Nobbers and you would think good things!!

I take your point, TBTF; all I was trying to do was bring a bit of realism to some of the comments.

Forest & Bristol City are both 6-pointers, imo.  As I have a friend who's a fanatical Forest fan, I'd particularly love it if we beat them.

• Backroom
Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

What a fantastic point. Really didn't expect us to get anything tonight. The target now has to be to go the rest of the season unbeaten.

Sounds like Joao made a massive difference when he came on for Graham and Emnes moved up onto the shoulder of the defender.

Wonder what we could do with Joao and Mahoney starting instead of only having 20 mins to claw it back?

Interesting thought this one Rev.

I'm wondering if Mahoney is being used perfectly at the moment, he certainly seemed happier in his recent interview, he's coming on with 45-30 mins left with time to really change the game rather than a late throw of the dice.

Same with Joao - perhaps he is best suited to a super sub role.

I'd be glad to see both start but can accept why if they don't.

The turnaround has been superb, if we had found a way to beat Cardiff last week it would have been the perfect - win home games, draw away games scenario from Tony's time in charge.

If we get through to this international break undefeated its more than any of us could have hoped for, let's go one better and end the run of 7 games in 3 weeks or so on a win! 

Archived