BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham v Rovers 14th March 2017

Just now, booth said:

Can't slip up against the Nob Enders now, would undo all this excellent work. They think they are going up, we think we're going down. Hope we take can them down a peg and gain 3 points in the process.

We will see PNE off without question.

17/10 for the win isn't bad value.

Tickets ordered, bring it on.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, booth said:

He was maybe a bit harsh, but to say "relax" when we're in such a precarious state is a bit premature.

A side bound for relegation doesn't turn in six unbeaten performances, playing some decent stuff along the way, on the bounce against some good Championship teams.

If we were performing like Wigan, I would be worried, extremely worried.

We were in 'a precarious state' but all the evidence is that the patient is now off life support and recovering well.

Too late for a bottle of red but a nice cognac will do !

Just now, Mercerman said:

A side bound for relegation doesn't turn in six unbeaten performances, playing some decent stuff along the way, on the bounce against some good Championship teams.

We were in 'a precarious state' but all the evidence is that the patient is now off life support and recovering well.

If we win at the weekend and Burton, Forest and Wolves lose, that's when I'll start to believe we're off life support.

Just now, Mercerman said:

What ever happens we appear to be fighting for our lives instead of the usual team of rubber dinghy men bailing out without a murmur. As far as I'm concerned in a short space of time we've got a team we can be proud of again.

Just now, Tom said:

If we get through to this international break undefeated its more than any of us could have hoped for, let's go one better and end the run of 7 games in 3 weeks or so on a win! 

Indeed, Tom.  But then we've two tough away games straight after the international break.

I don't know what's better: keeping this bonded group, who've had to play a lot of a games in a short space of time and done so well, together; or getting some of the presently-injured players back to give TM a wider range of options.

8 minutes ago, m1st said:

Just bringing a bit of pedantry to this, don't forget that Bristol City have a home game on Friday night.

Admittedly, it's against Huddersfield Town, but a draw would see Bristol back above us.

No need too burst my bubble like that is there mate? :lol: 

• Backroom

Spent all evening in Dubai, Zurich, Rio, Macau and Nevada fighting with robots... had completely forgotten we were playing. Excellent point, especially with the manner of the equaliser. Mowbray has got our lads fighting to the end, if nothing else.

On the train home.

Brilliant second half performance. Joao was phenomenal. Absolutely unplayable. Mahoney made a difference but the extra class of Joao turned the game around.

Fulham showed in the first half that they can play but by the end we were the better team. 

Really impressed with the effort and application. Just a good night to be a Rovers fan. 

Just now, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

On the train home.

Brilliant second half performance. Joao was phenomenal. Absolutely unplayable. Mahoney made a difference but the extra class of Joao turned the game around.

Fulham showed in the first half that they can play but by the end we were the better team. 

Really impressed with the effort and application. Just a good night to be a Rovers fan. 

Well in for going tonight

Just now, DE. said:

Excellent point, especially with the manner of the equaliser. Mowbray has got our lads fighting to the end, if nothing else.

Under TM, the team doesn't know when it's beaten!:D

I've a Dingles-supporting pal who lives in NZ.  Each time they lose a game, he grumbles about them having lost in stoppage time.  I thought he couldn't grumble about their defeat at Anfield on Sunday but I was wrong - Liverpool's first came in 1st half "Stoppage time"!  You can guess the general tenor of the email I've just sent to him!:lol:

Cracking effort reminds me of the time we won down there under Allardyce. Yes it's a draw but to come from behind twice in that fashion against that Fulham side feels lie a win. Sat was 2 dropped but tonight very much 1 won. Mowbray has the knack with the subs that's for sure and it acutally feels like having a guy in charge who is only interested in what goes on on the pitch.

No egos, no hidden agenda, no just doing enough and just treading water to keep everyone happy and give lads game time. Best of all no bullshit just get out there and do your jobs and we'll get results. 

How refreshing and how good would it be if this guy actually got a bit of backing in Summer.

Just now, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

On the train home.

Great to read things like that.

Just a couple of comments regarding what I've seen of the game. Fulham's second goal- what was our left back doing. I could have said the same about Norwich's second goal. If we get a pen again in the future I hope Conway doesn't go for the blast straight down the middle again. Run up like it's a blaster then side foot it into the corner.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Ffan used to come on here around the Rovers and Fulham games. He always told it like it was and was a real football fan. I hope he's ok as normally he would have posted before the game.

Aye, remember ffan. To be fair i looked at a couple of fourms and they all echo the same sentiments, i said it before the game too that they are a class set of fans.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Just a couple of comments regarding what I've seen of the game. Fulham's second goal- what was our left back doing. I could have said the same about Norwich's second goal. If we get a pen again in the future I hope Conway doesn't go for the blast straight down the middle again. Run up like it's a blaster then side foot it into the corner.

Williams been poor all season tbf, defiantly not good enough but you pay peanuts you get monkeys. He's a trier but not allot of ability, looks a CB playing LB to me.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Williams been poor all season tbf, defiantly not good enough but you pay peanuts you get monkeys. He's a trier but not allot of ability, looks a CB playing LB to me.

I'd be loathe to make changes but he looks a liability to me. Maybe move Lowe there, after all he did OK the other time he played there, and slot Mulgrew into central midfield instead of Lowe. There could also be a case for starting Joao in place of Graham who is allegedly carrying an injury. Joao's confidence must be sky high 

I'd be interested to hear what the guys who went to the two recent away games think of that.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

That unfortunately is where our problems lie.. Costs.. 

But to be fair to TM he's got them all giving an extra 10/20% 

Archived