speeeeeeedie

Premier League Stuff

As the 2015/16 Premier League season is over let's start afresh.

Vardy to Arsenal seems to be where the 15/16 thread is so I'll go with that.

Why not go? He gets more money, Champs League football - more than likely until the end of his career, and the opportunity to swan around the training ground showing off his league winners medal to all those Arsenal players who've never seen one. It's also good news for Fleetwood if they do get 25% of the fee.

Leicester City's win was a miracle. They'll struggle next season. The big boys will all be back.

Edit: Can we close the 2015/16 thread?

Leicester only 16/1 to get relegated next season on Betfair.

Those seem remarkably short odds for the reigning champions. :wacko:

I posted this in another thread but an Everton connection tells me they have made an offer for Scott Dann of around £17 million. If this actually happens the Rovers will get around £2 million of it.

I posted this in another thread but an Everton connection tells me they have made an offer for Scott Dann of around £17 million. If this actually happens the Rovers will get around £2 million of it.

Weetabix all over my monitor. Surely he means £1.7m????????

Dann was a shambles here, and after watching his horror show (v Watford in the FA Cup Semi) I'm amazed he's valued so highly.

There is a shortage of standout English CBs.

England picking Smalling and Cahill shows the derth.

Everton have form for buying distinctly average players at top prices, so it wouldn't surprise me if this was true.

Leicester City being 'asset stripped' a lot quicker than I expected and a lot quicker than us in 1996.

Anyone who won 500k on the Premiership should bung a bit on the opposite result!

United looking to swap Darmian for Matic, Dont know who would be getting the better deal. I reckon Chelsea, as im not convinced so much about Matic

Leicester City being 'asset stripped' a lot quicker than I expected and a lot quicker than us in 1996.

Anyone who won 500k on the Premiership should bung a bit on the opposite result!

Asset stripped? Who, where, what?

United looking to swap Darmian for Matic, Dont know who would be getting the better deal. I reckon Chelsea, as im not convinced so much about Matic

I've honestly never been that sold on Matic, despite all the lauding he got the season before last. He's a good player but not amazing as he was made out to be.

Asset stripped? Who, where, what?

Leicester are in danger of doing what we did. Now is the time to strengthen and go on from there not to cash in and fall by the wayside like Rovers.

That would make sense. Jordan is not good enough for the Premier League.

He's not kicked a ball in it yet.

£25 Million for Troy Deeney? Christ on a bike.

Christ Onabike , sounds like a decent Nigerian Central defender be in the Sun tomorrow linked with Boro

Edited by perthblue02

You know this because

I don't think anyone could say they "know" but in terms of opinion I don't think JR would score many in the top level. I think he deserves a shot but he lacks the pace and/or physique.

I think you need one or the other to succeed personally but I'd be happy to see him prove me wrong.

It certainly is for his bank account! He signed a £70,000 per week deal a few months ago, you'd imagine he'll be getting another pay rise!

Vardy signs new deal at Leicester

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36606270

Must admit I thought he was gone, but all credit to him for staying at Leicester, not sure many players would turned down Arsenal at 29yrs old.

He's signed a 4 year deal so you'd have to say he's passing up on his last chance to move to one of the 'Big' Clubs.

Good on him.