speeeeeeedie

Premier League Stuff

I think not playing Pogba (and not being able to manage him) has cost him this season.

Ferguson, Charlton and Woodwards faces said it all at the weekend. Being humbled by Liverpool will have been the final straw.

Hard to guess where they will go next. Even successful managers find it very difficult at United. Would be great hilariousto see Allardyce go there until the end of the season with a bonus for 4th.

12 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Wish he stayed longer to really mess it up. What they need is someone who knows Man Utd inside out, a man who has been there and knows the culture of success they had in the 90s. Give it to Paul Ince!

Garry Neville! Haha. Maybe even Sven!

I think they will go for Pochetino or the Dortmund boss in the summer.

After his latest antics this morning that club will not move forward until they get rid of Paul Pogba. Jose deserved the sack for his results but Pogba seems to think that he is bigger than the club and is as Jose described him a virus infecting the entire dressing room, his ego is out of control.

• Like 1

Just now, Kamy100 said:

After his latest antics this morning that club will not move forward until they get rid of Paul Pogba. Jose deserved the sack for his results but Pogba seems to think that he is bigger than the club and is as Jose described him a virus infecting the entire dressing room, his ego is out of control.

Cancelling Christmas was the final straw

"#playerpower"

People said Ferguson had dropped a clanger in getting shut of Pogba only for him to become the player he is today. Maybe those watching his antics this season will realise perhaps Ferguson was right to get shut. Arguably Ferguson's biggest strength at United was weeding out any disruptive elements from the club and ensuring that there was complete unity behind him, otherwise there would be casualties no matter who. The sort of stuff we're seeing at United at the moment would have never happened under him.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 3

Ferguson would never have let Pogba go if he felt he could have reshaped him into a world class, reliable, team-focused player. He obviously felt Pogba was never going to outgrow his childish tendencies, hence letting him go. Judging by Pogba's time at Utd since his return, it's fair to say Fergie was probably right.

Unfortunately for Jose it isn't just Pogba he fell out with, it was practically every member of his squad, from Antonio Valencia to Anthony Martial to Marcus Rashford to Luke Shaw. Much like towards the end of his time at Chelsea he starting making his own players the enemy, and that never ends well. Nobody responds well to a leader willing to throw them under the bus when the chips are down.

Still, a 瞿15m+ payoff will go nicely towards the Mourinho family Christmas fund.

18 minutes ago, DE. said:

Ferguson would never have let Pogba go if he felt he could have reshaped him into a world class, reliable, team-focused player. He obviously felt Pogba was never going to outgrow his childish tendencies, hence letting him go. Judging by Pogba's time at Utd since his return, it's fair to say Fergie was probably right.

Unfortunately for Jose it isn't just Pogba he fell out with, it was practically every member of his squad, from Antonio Valencia to Anthony Martial to Marcus Rashford to Luke Shaw. Much like towards the end of his time at Chelsea he starting making his own players the enemy, and that never ends well. Nobody responds well to a leader willing to throw them under the bus when the chips are down.

Still, a 瞿15m+ payoff will go nicely towards the Mourinho family Christmas fund.

Its pogba's representation that is the issue. Ferguson hates Raiola

Pogba is a bit of a gimp, but there is a talented footballer in there somewhere.

As DE alluded to, it wasn't just Pogba that Mourinho had a problem with and as the saying goes 'if you think everyone else is the problem, it's probably you'.....

1 hour ago, Kamy100 said:

Looks like it will be Laurent Blanc to replace Jose until the end of the season.

On the face of it, sacking Mourinho, bringing in a Frenchman in Blanc suggests they believe they can get a tune out of Pogba. Or at least their money back. If they go for Deschamps in the Summer it would all but confirm it.

Laurent Blanc has a very impressive CV in his own right having won league titles at PSG and Bordeaux and managed the French national team. Would he be interested in being nothing more than a stop-gap keeping the bench warm until someone else comes in? His CV puts him up there with the top managers in Europe. I suppose he'd be well paid and has a crack at winning a couple of trophies. I imagine he'd be looking at the job long term rather than just as a caretaker.

Solskjaer is getting a few mentions but he's employed in Norway and had a poor record at Cardiff.

7 minutes ago, Stuart said:

On the face of it, sacking Mourinho, bringing in a Frenchman in Blanc suggests they believe they can get a tune out of Pogba. Or at least their money back. If they go for Deschamps in the Summer it would all but confirm it.

I'm sure that's their hope.

It looks like Pogba needs strict management, and I also think he's not the type to be the main man. For France Griezmann andMbappe were it. Juventus had Pirlo and Chiellini to keep him in line. From what I see there's no clear leader at Old Trafford. Keane, Ince, Ferdinand, Rooney, would have sorted him out.

As to Mourinho reports say that he was surprised. How can he be? A blind man on a galloping horse could see that he was a gonner. He's been upset since pre season. He was hardly going to last given their league position.

I wanted him to stay and really do a number on them.

The only positive of him going is that Luke Shaw may benefit. If he is firing he's another England contender.

4 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

I'm sure that's their hope.

It looks like Pogba needs strict management, and I also think he's not the type to be the main man. For France Griezmann andMbappe were it. Juventus had Pirlo and Chiellini to keep him in line. From what I see there's no clear leader at Old Trafford. Keane, Ince, Ferdinand, Rooney, would have sorted him out.

As to Mourinho reports say that he was surprised. How can he be? A blind man on a galloping horse could see that he was a gonner. He's been upset since pre season. He was hardly going to last given their league position.

I wanted him to stay and really do a number on them.

The only positive of him going is that Luke Shaw may benefit. If he is firing he's another England contender.

Thats a good observation. Probably some truth in it. Who are the closest they have to leaders? Smalling? Fellaini? Slim pickings.

Mourinho has dated very badly over the last couple of seasons. Firstly he seems to have completely lost his mojo. When he first came to Chelsea he had a mischievous twinkle in his eye but in recent years he has looked downright miserable and just doesn't look as if he enjoys the job any more. The business about him never moving out of the hotel was very strange as well. The players must have been looking at him wondering how committed he really was to it all.

Secondly Guardiola and Klopp have completely rewritten the rule book about the style with which to play and have raised the bar considerably as to the level of consistency required. Drawing a game is now almost fatal to the extent that maybe only Tottenham can be mentioned in the same breath as those two teams. Very good teams like Chelsea and Arsenal who in years gone by would have been up with the title pace look fairly ordinary by comparison and won't be able to land a blow this time round, and everyone else, Mourinho's approach included, looks positively archaic.

Unless Im mistaken hes always talked about managing Portugal one day - would imagine the international scene would suit him more - as RV says he looks to have lost his mojo which made him so successful. I think hed still bloody well in knock out football.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

Bad news for football fans everywhere.

I know that lots of managers don't have much say (or even any at all) on transfer policy. But whoever was involved with the get rid off and re-sign Pogba for 瞿89million should have been sacked. I suspect they are still there wasting money behind the scenes.

• Like 1