speeeeeeedie

Premier League Stuff

There are rumours that Jurgen Klinnsmann is in line for the Southampton job.

The USA lost 4-0 to a rampant Argentina side the other night in the Copa America semi final. He has a bit of a love-hate relationship with the US football punditry corps so he may have decided to bow out on a high note.

He's not that good. Joachim Low was the brains behind the 2006 world cup and his record with the USA has been very hit and miss (I think).

He's had good times and bad times. He's definitely a Mr. Motivator type.

Getting out of the group at the last World Cup, and reaching the Copa semi final are his high points. But he lost badly to Mexico last summer in the CONCACAF cup.

He has a penchant for ragging the MLS, and dissing the USA youth development system (legitimately for me) which doesn't endear him to some people.

He also tries to find any non USA born players with eligibility to play; Jermaine Jones being one.

He's had more international jobs than club jobs so I don't know how he would do. His wife is American and he lives on the beach in LA. Would he give that up?

Mourinho wasn't going to let Giggs undermine him as he did with Moyes and Van Gaal. Not surprised to see him go. Don't think Giggs is manager material but it'll be interesting to see if he pops up somewhere or remains as a pundit going forward.

Mourinho wasn't going to let Giggs undermine him as he did with Moyes and Van Gaal. Not surprised to see him go. Don't think Giggs is manager material but it'll be interesting to see if he pops up somewhere or remains as a pundit going forward.

Will be incredibly interesting to see how Mourinho deals with the Ferguson situation - wonder if a complete opposite approach would help banish the ghosts. Bring him down to sit on the bench for a high profile friendly and be seen to engage with him during the season instead of trying desperately to pretend that everybody in the ground isn't thinking back to how it was...

Edited by klc_2012

Manchester Uniteds new signings, Zlatan, mkhitaryan and manager all share the same agent.

They want Pogba back for 100m and he's also represented by Mino Raiola, the question is, is this dodgy?

Obviously they are good players, and not obviously bent like when we signed no hopers on big wages but still - is there a conflict of interest?

My suggestion would be yes. Can 100m be spent more wisely? Damn bloody right and I hesitate to suggest this choice or choices don't simply happen because of "who they are"..

Manchester Uniteds new signings, Zlatan, mkhitaryan and manager all share the same agent.

They want Pogba back for 100m and he's also represented by Mino Raiola, the question is, is this dodgy?

Obviously they are good players, and not obviously bent like when we signed no hopers on big wages but still - is there a conflict of interest?

My suggestion would be yes. Can 100m be spent more wisely? Damn bloody right and I hesitate to suggest this choice or choices don't simply happen because of "who they are"..

It's dodgy, but nobody is going to whinge when there can't really be any questions that all of those players will improve the squad significantly. With us, we were (are?) signing jobbers that aren't for the improvement of the squad with the sole purpose of lining agents' pockets. It's all about what happens on the pitch ultimately....

Plus, finances aren't really such an issue for Man Yoo :tu:

Is there a conflict of interest though? You answered your own question there, I'm not comparing it to Rovers as I said.

I think there is a systematic problem with football, wages and the way players move clubs.

For instance, value of English players... That's got nothing to do with quality it's simply the way the market runs.

United obviously have no issue with money but my point is about that, couldn't they do better for less?

Just think how much money one person with little or no reason to be involved will make.

Is there a conflict of interest though? You answered your own question there, I'm not comparing it to Rovers as I said.

I think there is a systematic problem with football, wages and the way players move clubs.

For instance, value of English players... That's got nothing to do with quality it's simply the way the market runs.

United obviously have no issue with money but my point is about that, couldn't they do better for less?

Just think how much money one person with little or no reason to be involved will make.

I think I know what you're getting at and you're right, job's fecked.

Agents have become a necessary evil, though I'd sooner players got a backbone and opted to sort out their own affairs or get a family member along for representation. In some ways, you can't blame agents, but they're just blowing smoke up player's backsides and doing not a right lot for their slice of the pie imo.

I think I know what you're getting at and you're right, job's fecked.

Agents have become a necessary evil, though I'd sooner players got a backbone and opted to sort out their own affairs or get a family member along for representation. In some ways, you can't blame agents, but they're just blowing smoke up player's backsides and doing not a right lot for their slice of the pie imo.

Legislate it properly, force all clubs to hire their own agent who's paid as an employee.

Done.

Legislate it properly, force all clubs to hire their own agent who's paid as an employee.

Done.

I'd never even thought if it in that context tbh lad. In reality though, I'm not convinced agents are actually needed. But my God are they used!

He's not kicked a ball in it yet.

There is a reason for that as well.

You know this because

Because he can't run very fast.

Some on here will be very surprised if Rhodes isn't immediately installed as Boro's number 9, main man, top striker, focal point, cheerleader and general photoboy.

Others like me won't be surprised one iota if he is sold to a team lower down before a ball is even kicked. I know which camp you are in Abbey. Time will tell.

I'd prefer the days when Clough would trip up Shilton's agents with his squash racket.

Have I really just read somebody trying to suggest that what has happened at our club at the hands of agents... is... normal?

WUMmery just reached new heights lows.

Edited by Stuart

There is a reason for that as well.

Because he can't run very fast.

Some on here will be very surprised if Rhodes isn't immediately installed as Boro's number 9, main man, top striker, focal point, cheerleader and general photoboy.

Others like me won't be surprised one iota if he is sold to a team lower down before a ball is even kicked. I know which camp you are in Abbey. Time will tell.

I know it's been a while but are we really still doing this?

So so galling reading people taking pot shots at one of our most prolific strikers ever, and others defending the likes of Coyle.

The mind genuinely boggles.

Have I really just read somebody trying to suggest that what has happened at our club at the hands of agents... is... normal?

WUMmery just reached new heights lows.

who does he mean?

So so galling reading people taking pot shots at one of our most prolific strikers ever, and others defending the likes of Coyle.

In an ideal world he'll lead the line, bag 15-20 goals, keep them up and we get £2m extra dough. Everyone's a winner. But what's more than likely (in my opinion) is, he'll get a few starts, drop mostly to the bench, be marked out of most games, bag 4 or 5 goals and end up either sold or loaned to a Newcastle / Villa / Sheffield Weds in January and end up on the Championship upper teams for the rest of his career. There's nothing wrong with that, but I just think his lack of pace and physical presence will stop him reaching the heights his finishing deserves.

Victor Valdes has signed for Middlesbrough, wonder what he's on? Saw they were linked with Van Persie as well!

I remember at uni playing a pro evo drinking game where every time Victor Valdes touched the ball everyone had to shout 'Victor Von Doom' and the last one to do so had to drink. Good times.

Best mate was talking to someone who worked with Ramsey in the Wales euro squad... Said he's going to hand in a transfer request.

Breath stu ... You can't disrespect the Rovers Fans

What about the 'BREXIT' tremblers?

I simply replied to your post stating Rhodes had not kicked a ball in the PL as yet.

We will soon know if all those claiming Rhodes could easily play higher up were correct or not. His first target is to try and get a game. Good luck to the lad, cannot blame him for wanting out at all, but find it amusing he is cut so much slack after agitating for donkeys to leave, whilst the fans were still going to his party.